The Preserve at Palm Aire - Pompano Beach, FL

run dont walk

Now the drink glasses are like shot glasses. It would be helpful if the facility would stop writing fake reveiws. Tryed to talk to the manager knocked on her door she didnt answer went outside she was sitting at her desk got up closed the curtain nasty nasty nasty. Food is below subpar. The Waite staff is great they put up with a lot of BS due to the poor management in the front office. They are uninterested in the people live here they are very interested on what they can get. The enterment consistes of watching each other grow older. Arbor is not interested in your concerns, due yourself a favor spend a little more go to a place where you are treated like a human. Shutting the curtain indeed!

poor place to live

Service at this place is poor at best. The front desk and manager are nasty. Food is fit for a dog at best that waite can be an hour's. Food is alwast cold the place is dirty. They sell soda to the residents after they got rid of the soda machine. You meed to go over your bill with a fine tooth comb they make lot of mistakes in there favor. This is where you put the people you dont love. Dept of health please come soon.

Chris Harper

Your feedback helps us improve, so thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We would like the opportunity to have our Senior Vice President of Operations address these concerns with you if you would provide your contact information or you can call her directly at [removed]. We look forward to hearing from you. Your feedback is important so that we can meet and exceed expectations.

This property is beautiful. There are vistas and gardens and fountains and a beautiful swimming pool. The accommodations are spacious and well designed with a light airiness in feel. I was very impressed by the attentiveness of the staff toward residents and surprised by the amount of activities made available each day. There were many common areas available to all but none seemed overcrowded which I have seen in other places I am looking at this facility for my sister but I would like to live there myself.

The attention from the sales staff and nursing director from the very first meeting has been incredible. They took the time to really understand my concerns and my father's needs. We looked at 3 options, and this community was the best in the area hands down.

Deficiencies at facility

The facility is clean and well maintained but it is badly understaffed and management is unresponsive to complaints or calls for information.
This is a great place for your loved one(s) if they don't mind abysmally bad food and worse service.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your concerns. Could you please reach out to our new Executive Director so she can quickly address them?

My parents new home and care

This is a nice community for mom and dad. They are just adjusting to this clean and caring community. The staff is very helpful with them moving in. The menu is appealing. They offer good meals and a nice variety. They have activities that they are offered and hopefully, they will participate. We would recommend this community for the good care and nice options that are available for a loved one.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us. If there is anything we can improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Very Nice Community

This community was very nice bright very upbeat. It is a multi level building and on the grounds, there is a nice swimming pool. It almost feels like you are living in a tropical hotel, The staff was very friendly and helpful. However, the prices were expensive and out of our budget range.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that we were out of your budget range. We definitely try to be competitive in price and services for our area. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Nice Tour Overall

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. Everything went well, and this is a nice community. Everything looked great from what I saw. The staff was very kind, and friendly. The experience went well overall.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your positive comments and we are glad to hear your tour went well. We are very proud of our beautiful community and our great staff!

Surprises

When my family toured this community we thought we had found a perfect match for the person we were looking for however to our surprise it hasn't exactly turned out that way. Our loved one expresses no interest in really socializing with others or participating in any of the activities they offer. However, the staff does not attempt to encourage him to do so either. He goes to the dining room to eat and hasn't complained about the food. His apartment seems fine enough space for him and the housekeeping keeps it very clean.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. It is our number one priority to provide excellent services to our residents so I would ask that you reach out to our Executive Director so she can assist in encouraging your loved one to participate in all the great activities that we offer.

Mom didn't like the area although the people were nice.

Tami Cumings

We are sorry to hear that our location did not work out for your mother. If there's anything we can do to improve on our services, we would love to hear your feedback.

It's as close to home as you can get

Even though mom continues to say she wants to go home where she is we have it setup just like her house. She is surrounded by many of her furnishings but that still doesn't seem to please her. However with that being said mom is going on all the trips they offer, she attends the bingo games, she gets her hair done at the on-site beauty salon.
She loves the meals eats every meal in the dining area. She loves the staff very friendly and the whole family loves the place.

Parents Really Like This Community

My parents really do like this community. At the moment we are clearing some things out of their current home. However once everything is done they will be making the return back to this community. It is a lovely community, and they even got involved with the activities they have available. The staff is kind, and very quick to respond to any concern they may have. I've tired some of the meals, and the food is good. I would recommend this community without a doubt, it is a very nice facility.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your kind comments. We are very happy to hear your parents will be returning. If there's anything we can do better in the future, please just let us know.

Mom is doing well...

My mother is doing well since her move into The Preserve at Palm Aire. The community is maintained very clean, and everyone there is very friendly. So far, we have no complaints.

Top Notch

we like this community for the excellent. The community was clean and the staff were so very caring. This was the best of the best when it comes to everything this community offers. The menu is outstanding. We highly recommend this community for othr families

Bait and switch at The Perserve

I selected The Preserve at Palm Aire based on the marketing dept's assurance that they could meet the needs of my parents after living independently. I found this not to be the case. My parents have been together more than 60 years. My mom has Alzheimer's, very mobile, not an elopement risk, but need help with bathing and grooming. My dad uses a walker, is very sharp but need help taking care of my mom. After several meetings with management, including an over 2 hour meeting with my parents and their staff (nursing, director, etc). We decided on accommodations and level of care. I shared every detail about my parents, tips to managing my mom's care, everything! They told me that their staff was highly trained and would able to manage their care. They moved in mid January 2017 and things went downhill from there. They asked me to allow the staff to get them acclimated to their new home. They were there a week when I visited. My mom had not been showered, her underwear was soiled, had not been changed for days and my dad was feeding her dinner. I could not believe it. My mom was supposed to be showered and dressed each day and they were to eat meals in the dining room. I complained constantly about their care and the staff began to step up. After about 3 weeks I was told that my parents could no longer reside there and would have to move in 45 days, but they were pushing us to move out sooner. They offered Memory Care, but my dad was not allowed to move in with her and it was twice the price. I thought I found the perfect place, but it was just an illusion. After all of that I'm back where I started. I moved them in with me at the end of February, but the furniture was there until early March. They charged for their care even though they weren't there and I haven't received the community fee back yet. A huge disappointment.

Wonderful Tour

We had a pleasant tour of this community. Everyone was very friendly, and informative. The community looked good, everything appeared to be well maintained. It was a wonderful experience, and we didn't have any problems overall. We did find another community that suited our needs better.

Things could improve...

We had one nurse who was very good and we felt comfortable with but out of nowhere she was either fired or quit. The other nurse's aides are just there. They come in and ask if she needs anything and then leave. It has been an okay experience but it has been hard for my loved one to adjust.

First Impressions

Our first impression was good as we pulled up in the car park.
Inside the foyer was clean and bright, the sales staff were attentive and listened to our concerns and answered all of our questions.
The nursing and care staff were excellent and treated the residents with care.
The food was being prepared and looked really good, it was also hot which was important to my Father.
I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a good place for their relatives.
Shirley.

Going great!

Everything has been going great here so far. My mom is getting involved in some of the activities that they offer. The community is clean and the people are very nice and helpful. My mom said that the food is decent enough.

The Preserve is a wonderful independent and assisted living facility. After taking the tour, we decided that a center with a pure focus on memory care would be the best fit for our mom.

Familiar Faces Here and I Witnessed Good Care

My mom is getting use to things and finding her way around the community. Every staff is very nice and accommodating. The community is nice looking and clean. The meals are good and I would recommend them. From my medical background I had a few clients here and saw first hand they were a good community.

Things are going well...

They missed my father's first admission appointment which bothered me but they are working towards getting that resolved. Other than that, the food is good and the place is clean. Once they get him to see a doctor, things will improve.

Still Adjusting...

My family member is still getting acclimated to the new environment and situation. The place overall has been a good fit for her. One of her complaints is the meals are never hot. The kitchen is not near the dining room, so by the time she gets her food, it's not hot anymore. The aids overall are helpful, however a few are hurried and make it seem like she is bothering them. The place is clean and organized, and they have a large variety of activities.

Sandra Pennington

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion so that we can better understand and address the concerns. Please feel free to contact us by calling our direct line at [removed] and requesting Bonnie Andriotis, Executive Director. Your feedback is important so that we can meet and exceed expectations.

Nice Community!1

The Preserve at Palm Aire is a nice community. It's a rather large community and seems a bit run down. During our tour, we realized it was not what my father needed at the moment.

Sandra Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident and guest experience each and every day.

Everything is Well

Everything is working out pretty well. My mother in law is doing pretty well here at this community. We are pleased with her move to this community. She is safe and being cared for well.

Beautiful Community !!

My loved one and I really enjoyed our tour of this community, there was a lot of great amenities and beautiful scenery surrounding the building. The staff made sure to answer any questions in detail that my loved one and I had for them. I have no complaints about our experience and would recommend this place.

A Place for Our Brother

I contacted A Place for Mom (APFM) to assist my brother and myself in locating a place for our brother living in Ft. Lauderdale. We were seeking a place that he liked, not just what we liked. Ironically, my brother and I were happy he chose the one we silently hoped he would select. We visited five communities. They were all worthy.
For our brother, Palm Aire was easy to navigate from his first floor spacious apartment. A screened in porch accommodated his love of plants. He can also garden outside in a dedicated community spot.
The dining room felt like a cozy inviting restaurant.
The menu surprised us by including vegetarian dishes.
Great food in a comforting space. My brother liked the layout and smaller scale since he could be alone if he wanted, or join other residents.
We appreciated Palm Aire's easy to navigate, well maintained setting and buildings, that were naturally blended in the landscape. It did not have a "facility"
feel that I sensed with some places we toured.
We felt fortunate to work with Palm Aire's Senior Lifestyle Counselor, Cyndi [Removed]. Cyndi was always available to us, even though we lived on the west coast. Her attention to detail, follow up, and follow through approach was a huge benefit given the long distance.
Lastly, our brother's need for independent living today with possible assisted living in the future made Palm Aire an even better fit. We heartily recommend them.
I also want to give a huge shout out for the assistance
received at APFM. Their generosity of time and information, along with recommending the 5 places we visited was priceless. My independent research had me in overwhelm. They were able to narrow the choices by interviewing me. Start with APFM and you won't be disappointed. We are so grateful to everyone that helped us mount a serious task from a long distance to find the best home for our brother.

Mixed

My mother complains that she can't get a man Jong game. Also activities don't happen as scheduled. The food is good but service is slow.

So Far So Good

So far everything is going well for my aunt here at this community. I'am satisfied with the care they are providing her with. She seems to have adjusted well to it and I'am pleased. It has been a pleasant experience so far for us here at this community.

Hands-on staff does a good job. However, property managers need some supervision from the executives at the Des Moines, IA headquarters.

The CNAs are very good. Unlike many ALF places, they actually pay attention to the assisted living residences. 1 BR apts are available for those who need more space. The memory center residences are kept in their own wing, The ALF and IL residents share activities which is a big plus. Not all places allow this. The CNAs and the LPNs are very attentive and patient. You can take a shower in the morning or evening. Some places have shower-time between 6:45 - 7:45 pm only due to limited CNA staff. Not at the Preserve, tho. Preserve is very flexible. Showers 7 days a week are available depending on the plan.

The food for ALF is pretty bad, to say the least. Also, unlike in the IL dining room, you end up eating whatever they throw in front of you. They do give the residences a menu where they circle their choices from the limited list. However, the servers don't always follow what the resident asked for and sometimes bring anything. Also, they take forever to serve. I guess they do their best, but they are not trained as servers and English is not their first language. When I visit, I take my parent to the IL dining room so she can order whatever she wants from the menu and actually get it. Also, she gets good service from professional servers. The one thing, the servers in IL speak English as their first language.

While the direct service staff do a reasonably good job, the management need more supervision from their parent company, Life Care Services (LCS). Preserve was recently acquired by LCS so the managers (they call themselves "directors", but that's mostly a form of title inflation) still haven't gotten their act together. Back in July, one of the managers physically accosted a family member of one of the residents and the police had to be called. The family member agreed to leave things as "criminal complaint" and not escalate it to "criminal charge" if he promises to behave himself and not do that kind of thing again. I know that, with the changeover in executive management in Des Moines, IA, the interim management at the Preserve want to make a good impression with their bosses. [removed]. Hopefully, LCS will take some action and prevent this kind of thing from happening too often. Employees should not be physically threatening residents or their family members. My parent's BP went right up when this stuff happened. It's important that my parent lives in safe place where her health is not compromised.

The managers do a lot of up-selling. Occassionally my parent needs to go to the toilet when she is returned from a meal or activity. As long as the CNA is there, she can ask if my parent needs to go now. The ALF manager told us we must pay an extra $1000 for that service. We said no, and she didn't push it any further. Most ALF properties let me stay overnight when visiting for a week to 10 days. Preserve wants me to rent a separate room for $150 a night. I just go to a cheap $55/night room up to the road. They didn't like that and called me at the hotel, accused me of staying overnight at their property and insisted I move into a $150 night room or, better yet, rent a more expensive 2-BR apt for my parent for those times I visit. Again, I said no. Nevertheless, they wasted time writing up a lease for the 2-BR in case I changed my mind. I guess their managers have a lot of time on their hands to take work hours out to do this kind of stuff.

The physical therapist who comes in twice a week to provide one-on-one rehab is very good. She also runs the 3-day a week senior aerobics class which my parent enjoys going to. It's also a nice way for the ALF and IL residents to socialize and make friends. This is a big plus. She also advises on other rehab such as OT and ST. Very nice.

Once the shake-down from the new LCS executive management is settled, and the interim managers are replaced by experienced senior staff, the Preserve should turn out to be a pretty good place. We won't be hasty. We'll give them some time to fix things, which the corporate office tells me they will look into. If they can resolve this, I can see my loved one staying there for a quite a while.

So far so good

I helped a loved one find this community, and so far things seem to be going well. She has settled in well, she says the place is nice looking and the people are friendly, and from what I have heard she really enjoys the food!

Review of The Preserve At Palm Aire-Pompano Beach, Fl

Staff was very friendly and the community seemed to offer the services we are looking for. However, their assisted living section is under renovation and won’t be ready for 30-60 days. Would definitely consider this on our list of possibilities.

General review

The facility is visually very appealing. It is clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly but can be hard to contact.

Activities tend to trivialize the residents, but to be completely fair, many are not there completely by choice and do not participate.

The food and food service are marginal at best. With the exception of breakfast, food is barely palatable and it can take hours to be served a meal.

great place for the money

Looked around the area for a assisted living 2 bedroom and the Preserve met all our needs. Folks are very happy with the facility

Terrific place!!

After visiting many senior communities The Preserve offered the best of all. The food is really good, the staff is extremely helpful, the apartment is comfortable. We need more active participants in the programs that are offered which I think will happen when the assisted living residents and the independent living residents are separated into their own programs.

I'm sure you can do better

My mother shares her experiences with me almost daily. The restaurant is horrible. Shrimp Scampi one evening consisted of one piece of shrimp. They claim all-day dining, but refused to give her a soup spoon at 2:30 because they didn't have enough for the dinner crowd later. There have been four management companies overseeing the place in the past three years. What does that tell you? Prior to the last hurricane possibility, I called to see what their protocol would be for the residents. The desk agent had no idea so she transferred me (but didn't even put me on hold, I heard her talking for 3 minutes before I hung up and called back.) I finally spoke to the entertainment director and asked her what their emergency plan was and she said she didn't know. The executive manager hadn't told them yet. This was three days before the storm was potentially hitting. Ridiculous.

Nice place, friendly people

Overall I think things have gone well at The Preserve at Palm Aire. My loved one seems to be enjoying herself here! The facility is well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly and professional. I do think that the dining service could use some work, it can be very slow, at times.

Fair not great

Ring for assistance button - you don't hear anything back. Food on assisted living side is pretty bad. Other side inde living has better food

Brian Morrison

Hello Cliff - It would be our pleasure to meet with you to discuss your concerns. We are always looking to improve the lifestyle and experience of our residents. If you would please contact John Culhane, Executive Director, at [removed] to set an appointment, we would love to hear from you. Thank you for your feedback.

Great reviews from my brother as a new resident

Through the services of A PLACE FOR MOM, I was able to assist my brother in looking for a facility that could best meet his needs. The internet information was most helpful because I live in NC and was unable to get down there. I pray that he can afford to stay there.

too big to give individual attention to my grandpa

more suitable for active seniors...nice and fancy

Nice place - nice people

The apartment is just lovely and it is the entire grounds are clean and nicely kept. Most of the people who work there are very pleasant. There are lots of good activities and trips- even if just to the supermarket and shopping. The food is ok -- does not always come out hot and the new Sunday brunch does not really work out well for people on walkers - not sure why they started that. But for the most part a very nice place to be.

Seems like a nice place!

We don't have any experience with other communities to compare it to, but I think they do a great job at The Preserve at Palm Aire, it seems like a very nice place! It is a well kept, clean community, and everyone seems very friendly. The dining room is attractive, and the food they serve is very good! There always seems to be all sorts of activities, trips, and events going on. My loved one really seems to be enjoying himself here!

New leaders equal poor operations

Questionable operations practices. Community representative blames new corporate executive. I cannot believe this is a Discovery community! Moving my mother out!

Very nice place!

I'm very pleased with things overall at The Preserve at Palm Aire! It's a nice looking place, and the staff all seem very friendly. The food here is excellent! There are always a lot of choices, and there hasn't been one meal where I haven't been able to find something I wanted. However, the dining service itself could use a bit of work, the service is slow and the dining staff seem inexperienced. It makes me wish they'd have some buffet style options, if only to speed up the dining process.

Review of The Preserve at Palm Aire Assisted Living in Pompano Beach, FL

there appears to be a question about their assistant living dedication and attention to these persons?

Brian Morrison

Please share your questions with the Executive Director of the Preserve At Palm-Aire, John Culhane. He can be reached at [removed]. It would be his pleasure to discuss your questions and receive your feedback regarding your visit. We are dedicated providing the highest level of care and services to our residents and welcome the opportunity learn from your experience.

Review of The Preserve at Palm Aire Assisted Living in Pompano Beach, FL

We all loved the Preserve. Lovely common areas, beautiful apartments. Staff all seemed genuinely involved and engaged. Still undergoing some renovation, but what is finished is great. Beautiful grounds. Robust activity schedule. My mom felt at ease there when she saw the other residents. Costs--we need to determine if this is an option. If we are able to get the VA benefits, plus what my parents already pay for living expenses...then this could be a possibility. Again, we all loved this place.

Nice looking independent living

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall this was a nice looking place, it has been recently renovated. Although they provide some amount of care this place seemed to focus more on independent living, and thus wasn't somewhere on our list of final considerations.

remodeling

It’s an independent living community, so the care services aren’t really applicable. It’s a pretty place. They are redoing it, remodeling the entire facility. The food is not five star, but it’s adequate. It’s close to home.

Need to hire people who care!

They are doing renovations which makes the property more esthetic ally pleasing however they should do the same with their staff on the inside in the assisted living side. I feel sorry for the elderly who have to spend their final chapter of life being treated poorly by the aides who work this side. Almost every aide I saw was looking at their cellphone. I visited my friend who lives there an the aide feeding her was kicked back with her feet up watching tv with her phone plugged in charging! Are you kidding me?!?! No respect. Hire people who truely care about the elderly and will respect them as they deserve it!

Brian Morrison

Janice - One of our greatest assets are our employees. Most of whom have worked for Discovery Senior Living for many years. As recent new managers of the the Preserve At Palm Aire we are dilligently working to create a community that meets the highest standards of senior living and personal care. Your feedback will be directly relayed to the community. Please join us for our upcoming unveilings of the new common areas and please know that as we are making cosmetic changes we are also bolstering the training of our team members to deliver the uncompromised professional service that Discovery Senior Living is known for.

The Preserve is tops

The Preserve is amazing. We were so worried about finding "the right place" for my mother, who is independent and healthy but does need a hand with matters of cooking, cleaning and "getting around." This place delivers on all fronts, is competitively priced and far better in so many ways than the other establishments we visited.

... this one was the friendliest and the most welcoming

I just think of all communities we visited when we were searching for the right community, this one was the friendliest and the most welcoming. The people looked most engaged. The food is great. We haven’t had any problems with the laundry or with the parking either.

Very nice place!

Overall it's been a great experience! They really make an effort to make people feel comfortable when they move in, which is good since these transitions can be hard. The facility itself is great looking, it's always very clean and well kept. The staff are all very friendly and caring, and they provide all kinds of activities to keep everyone engaged and entertained.
This is an older facility, and doesn't have the bells and whistles that some do, but it is still a high quality place. It's a great value as well, the apartment was both larger and less expensive than many options we looked into.

Great Experience

I visited this community with my mother who is considering independent living. The staff was friendly and I noticed many residents out and about engaged in activities throughout the community. My mother felt very comfortable there which is the key to success on this move for her. The dining room was very nice and we reviewed a sample menu that was befitting of a five star restaurant. The apartments were nicely laid out with some updates. My mother loved the lanai that overlooked the preserve areas. Grounds were well maintained. Overall it was a great experience.

He's Bored

He is in independent living. They have all the food taken care of in the restaurant, and there are people around for aid and assistance in general. They also have transportation to doctors and things. They have some social things, like cards, but other than that, there is not a whole lot to do there. In his words, he is bored.

Glad They Made the Move

I have only been to visit once. My parents are in independent living, and they provide two meals a day. They really don't do the activities, but they have some available. I am glad that they made the move there because the go down to the meals so they get to interact with other people. They have a two bedroom with a kitchenette, and the community offers assisted living in a different building.

Very impressive and Ilene W...

Very impressive and Ilene Warsaw was both helpful and patient. We enjoyed our meal and like that there is a menu to choose from for each meal and that there is waiter/table service. Pleased with the number of activities available to residents each day and the services that are available.

I visited the property and ...

I visited the property and liked the Independent Living facilities. I will keep this option under consideration.

visited. did not see anybo...

visited. did not see anybody who looked like they were in their 70's much less 60's

This is the place I feel most suitabl...

This is the place I feel most suitable for us.

The Preserve at Palm-Aire offers quality, state-of-the-art assisted living, senior living and memory care to Floridas' Pompano Beach area.

We provide a prime location in Pompano Beach, Florida, allowing residents to quickly feel comfortable and at home, relaxing in our tranquil environment. The Preserve at Palm-Aire offers exceptional independent living, assisted living and memory care services and is committed to ensuring each and every resident’s needs are cared for on a personable, engaging and dignified level.

Come take a tour of The Preserve at Palm-Aire, and experience The Arbor Way for yourself.

With its warm winters and warmer summers, residents of Pompano Beach in the zip code 33069 enjoy nice weather throughout the year. This neighborhood is most comfortably travelled by car. In addition, veterans and their families have access to numerous organizations and resources.

- Walkability Score: 36/100.

- Average Age: 42.5 years. This neighborhood is roughly 0.7 years older than the state average of 41.8 years.

- Senior Housing Facilities: 9.

- Weather and Climate Information: There are warm temperatures throughout the year. January is usually the coldest month in Pompano Beach and has an average low of 56.1°F.

- Veteran's Resources: Veteran's organizations nearby include United Veterans of Florida, Veterans in Need Foundation, Paralyzed Veterans of America Florida Chapter, US Veterans Affairs Department, Veterans4You, and the Elderly & Veterans Services Division.

Transportation

Pompano Beach's public transit system is run and operated by the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority for the Tri-Rail while Broward County Transit oversees the bus routes. Older residents have access to discounts and reduced fares for local public transportation. Along with taxi services, residents can use Uber and Lyft to get around the city.

- Public Transportation Score: 25/100

- Buses: The bus system is operated by Broward County Transit. Seniors over the age of 65 are eligible for reduced fares and discounts on passes and tickets.

- Light Rail: Pompano Beach also has a Tri-Rail system that offers discounts to seniors over 65 years old.

- Taxi: Pompano Beach has a number of taxi services, including Yellow Cab, U-PICK-UP Taxi and Limo Services, and Atlas Global Taxi.

- Rideshare Apps: Seniors can also access taxi alternatives in Pompano Beach such as Uber and Lyft. These apps can be downloaded and used to travel at often cheaper rates than by taxi.

Health and Safety

Residents of this Pompano Beach neighborhood will receive the full benefit of easy access to the various emergency services that the community has to offer. Whether seeking medical care, police assistance, or fire assistance, this zip code is uniquely situated remarkably close to numerous departments and facilities that can lend help.

- Hospitals and Clinics: Four hospitals and one clinic are within short driving distance of this zip code. Nearby hospitals are North Broward Hospital, North Ridge Internal Medicine Associates PA, Atlantic Shores Hospital, and the Holy Cross Hospital. The clinic close to this assisted living community is Broward Outpatient Urgent Care.

- Fire Departments: Tamarac Fire Rescue Station 36, Tamarac Fire Rescue Station 78, and Pompano Beach Fire Rescue Station 52 are all close to this living community.

- Police Departments: There are five police departments in this area, including the North Lauderdale Police Department, the Broward Sheriff's Office, the Margate Police Department, and the BSO Oakland Park Police Department.

Sports and Leisure

Seniors who want to stay active while living in zip code 33069 have options in this area. Lovers of golf, country clubs, and tennis are in luck here, but fitness lovers who want to swim and lift weights may have to travel a bit (though all of the facilities are still fairly close by).

- Golf Courses: There are two golf courses located near this community in Palm Aire Country Club and Canam Golf. Equipped with a full academy to go with its course, Palm Aire in particular is an excellent choice for avid golfers.

- Country Clubs: The closest country club by distance is the Palm Aire Country Club. However, there are numerous other country clubs a reasonably short drive away. These include the Woodlands Country Club, the Inverrary Country Club, Colony West Club, and Woodmont Country Club.

- Tennis Courts and Clubs: Tennis courts may be a slightly longer trip for residents, but clubs situated not too far from the Preserve include Lauderdale Tennis Club, the Dillon Tennis Center, Sunrise Tennis Club Park, and the Hagen Park Tennis Center.

- Gyms: There are two gyms nearby: a Planet Fitness and a CrossFit Hardcore West Pompano Beach. However, these gyms do not cater to seniors.

- Swimming Pools: Swimming pools are also a fair distance away, but residents of the Preserve still have options with LA Fitness, Premier Swimming Pool, Lauderdale Lakes Swimming Pool within driving distance.

Shopping and Entertainment

This zip code offers senior residents access to numerous local features such as malls and restaurants while also providing access to the conveniences and amenities expected of a city this size. There are grocery stores that allow for picking up necessities as well as movie theaters.

- Malls: Lakes Mall, Coral Ridge Mall, Northridge Shopping Center, the Gardens Mall, and Lakewood Mall give senior residents plenty of options to choose from when the urge to shop strikes.

- Grocery Stores: With several Publix Super Markets, multiple Winn-Dixies, a Safeway, an ALDI, and several specialty stores (including the Latino Food Store and the Oriental Food Market), there are few ingredients that cooks can't find in the area.

- Movie Theaters: Catch the latest blockbusters at theaters such as Regal Cinemas Cypress Creek Station Stadium 16, Silverspot Cinema, and Cinema 31 Studios.

- Libraries: Keiser University Library and Collier City Library are the two closest libraries near this location. However, there are also options such as Ethel M. Gordon Oakland Park Library and Margate Library as well as public libraries.

- Restaurants: There are chain restaurants such as Wendy's in the neighborhood and more unique local spots, including Eats Good 33 and the Sun Rice Chinese Restaurant.

- Spas and Salons: There are no shortage of salons within a short drive of this assisted living community. These include El Salon, Golden Touch Beauty Salon, Salon 100, Guys & Dolls Hair Salon, Exclusive Hair Care & Salon, and Be Bazzled Salon. These locations have strong reviews and happy customers.

- Attractions: Pompano Beach has plenty of local charm that can be found in attractions such as Butterfly World for nature-lovers and the Hillsboro Inlet for those who enjoy local history.

Places of Worship

The 33069 zip code is home to many places of worship. These are a few of the options available:

- Mt Zion Anne Church