Lino Lakes GW, LLC - Lino Lakes, MN

I Did Not Feel Comfortable

The community is newer and the staff looked like they didn't know their training really well. I didn't like that and I was not comfortable.

Happy parents, happy kids.

Having my parents together, happy and safe was paramount at Gracewood. The atmosphere is one of comfort and care.

Care is good, Food Not So Much

I love the idea that this is a mixed care facility, my husband is limited memory care, this situation allows him to interact with patients who do have cognitive abilities. He is frustrated with restrictions there, for his care. But the all over care seems adequate as far as his care goes.
My big complaint is the food and how unappealing it is. Mealtime is sometimes the only thing to look forward to.
There seems to be NO consideration between clients who eat very little, or need soft diets, and ones who still have a healthy appetite. I've brought my concerns to director and to staff and see no changes. Also with no activity director, there have been a serious lack of entertainment, and NO excursions since my husband moved in.

Did not like....

I did not like this community because they mixed the memory care with the nursing home residents. I am not sure if it's because of staffing, but I did not care for that at all.

Close to my home...

My father is still adjusting to the changes but is doing well in this community. The staff has been very helpful and accommodating to his needs. The place is very clean at all times. For a while, my father was doing the exercise program they have available. Overall we are very happy with this community so far.

Nice clean place with caring but overworked staff

My Mom has been at Gracewood for about 3 weeks. The nurse I worked with was great but unfortunately the day after my mother arrived was her last day. That resulted in confusion about my mom's care, missed medications, failure to change a dressing, meal trays that sat in my Mom's room for hours and my Mom appeared to be left for hours in the same chair. Two times I found her sitting at the edge of the chair with no means to contact anyone. The alert system is a pull cord on the bed so if she was in her chair she had no way of letting them know she needed help. We spoke with the house manager and interim nurse about fixing that. They mentioned they were going to tie additional string to the cord but never did it. My daughter finally did it last week. Overall I think they genuinely care about the patients but may be a bit understaffed. The staff we have worked with are very nice and seem caring. It is a new facility so it is nice and clean. I think now that Hospice is in visiting my mom her care has improved considerably. I like the visiting physician a lot. The food is not great for someone like my mom on a soft diet. My mom asked me to show them how to make mashed potatoes which is her main diet.

My Mother Is Doing Well

This is a new facility, so they are still working some things out. It is a nice looking facility, they do a good job keeping everything nice and clean. The staff has been pleasant, they have been helpful and responsive to my concerns. There are nice activities offered for the residents. She is satisfied with the food. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her. So far everything is working out well.

I would recommend Lino Lakes!!!

My friend is doing quite well since moving into this community. The staff take good care of the residents but I think they should be more talkative and smiley. The food is good and they seem to offer a good variety of healthy choices. Lino Lakes is clean community. They offer a wide variety of activities as well.

This is a good location for my uncle and I really liked the home. I love the idea that he has the option of staying there for all levels of care and that the cost includes everything in a package rate. I also like that it is all on ground level so he can easily see what's going on outside. If my uncle decides to move to this area, I am highly recommending this home to him. My rating is only for what I saw during my tour, not from someones personal experience.