Brightondale Senior Campus - New Brighton, MN

Smooth transition to apartment living.

My parents have been at Meadowood Shores nearly 4 months and are really enjoying living there. It took them a little while to settle in, but they're having regular dinners now and participating in activities with the community. They're also getting to know their fellow residents. Recently, while discussing the activities she'd participated in during the last week (Halloween dinner, a birthday party, bingo and an upcoming celebration of the veterans at Meadowood Shores), my mother said "yeah, this is a really nice place :)". The transition from their home of 45 years has been amazingly smooth and a good part of that can be attributed to the friendliness of Meadowood Shores community.

Just lovely
Good for mom and dad
Close to my home

Just lovely
Good for mom and dad
Close to my home
2000$ less per month

For the tour, [name removed] was very nice and explained things thoroughly. The medical services are provided through another company and you are charged "a la carte" and this is why another review said 'they nickle and dime you'. A disadvantage to this is that it would be harder to budget your money. The building was clean and I noticed no smells. It does seem a bit tired and a little run down. I went around 10 am and there were few residents about. The staff knew each resident and seemed to have rapport there. Another disadvantage of this place is that it is all private pay. If you or your loved one's money runs out there may have to be another move.

Good care

My wife used to live at this facility and it was the best one she has lived at out of 3 different places. This community has assisted living and a memory unit. They were newer when my wife moved in but they were good at working out most of the kinks. The care was really good for what I was paying. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Moving in soon!

After looking at another community, I decided to tour this one and will be moving in very soon. The facility is clean and efficient and it looks really good. I have a very big room, but I don't like that the hallways are so long because it takes a bit to get to the elevators. The staff is okay, they were nice and friendly and the food is pretty good too.

Good Tour Of This Community

I toured this community for my father, and his needs. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The community looked nice, and the staff was friendly. The experience was a nice one. I did find another community that suited our needs better, but my tour went well of this community.

Needs Light!

The community was very nice and clean. I had actually already been here before because I lived by here. I did not like that the building was dark and not open. Also the way that they charged you for every bit of care mom would receive.

Over The Top Staff!!

The community is a very well maintained and a clean place. The meals are prepared correctly and very delicious. I Would defiantly recommend Brightondale Senior Campus ton a friend or relative. The complex offers a mixture of great activities that my mother partakes in and loves.

I would recommend this community to family and friends.!

My dad is doing well at this community. He is in independent living and the staff are friendly. He eats a few meals a month and they are good. The community is well taken care of and clean.

This is a private pay only facility. While my mother has enough funding for a few years depending on what happens, she will eventually run out of money. This place was nice but once her money is gone she must leave. I don't want to be moving my mother from facility to facility. She will need memory care and moving her would be disruptive. Ideally I would like to keep her in the same place as long as possible.

Great Community

This is truly a wonderful community and my aunt and uncle are doing very well. It is a very nice facility and everything looks great and smells good. The staff has been welcoming and helpful. They are attentive and very responsive to my aunt and uncle. The food is okay, they do sever a well balanced meal for a senior. They do offer good activities through out the week for the residents. They are caring for my aunt and uncle well. So I would recommend this community.

They seemed to have good activity going on, and a really great staff.

We toured here when we were looking for options for my loved one. The quality was on par with pretty much all of the places we looked at. They seemed to have good activities going on, and a really great staff. They didn't have the room type availability for what we needed.

I have a mixed reaction.

I felt like everyone is very caring, it's clean and small, which is really nice. I don't think they made an effort to give an orientation. She got a folder but didn't really get shown around or where things were, so it hasn't been a very smooth transition. It's taken some time to get some maintenance work orders done. It's a beautiful place, and they have nice activities.

Comfortable and welcoming

My brother is happy at Brightondale Senior Campus. He is adjusting well to moving there. He has made several friends since being there. The staff genuinly cares for the residents and are very helpful. The facility feels very comfortable and he feels welcome there, not like a burden at all. He is a private guy for the most part but he does really enjoy being there. I feel the process of finding Brightondale and moving my brother in there went well.

Good Decision

My mom has lived in the Senior apartments for a month now, it's the best decision we made, she's so happy. Doesn't have the stress that comes with owning a home. Everyone is very friendly & she has made new friends! We're both happy with the environment!

Lives Up To Their Word

I guess Brightondale Senior Campus lives up to their word. The staff is very nice and the location is fine also. For me though, it could be closer to the dialysis clinic, because it is kind of a drive to get there.

Not impressed with this facility -- it is crammed behind a retail shopping area. Very, very, small common areas indoors and only one small common area outside overlooking the parking lot. Would have liked more dining options/availability. Nice variety of activities. Shannon wrote our appointment down wrong so Deb gave us the tour.

Review of Brightondale Senior Campus Alzheimer's / Memory Care in New Brighton, MN

This location offered nearly all of the pluses I had in mind, but I'm still figuring out whether or not I can afford it.

The hallways are extremely ...

The hallways are extremely long. They also seemed somewhat dark. My mom did like the lay-out of the units we saw but they were a few hundred dollars beyond the base price we'd originally been quoted. There seemed like a lot of activities but we only saw 9 residents at the monthly 'Happy Hour.' They have great bus service providing everything my mom would want. We both didn't think it felt like a very warm place to be - especially in comparison to Scandia Shores.

My mom visited this locatio...

My mom visited this location and really likes it.

Brightondale

The facility was very well kept and maintained. The staff were very professional, their interaction with each other and their conduct with the people who lived there we felt was excellent.

The only reason for moving our family was they did not except elderly waiver or medicaid, accepted only self pay.

What would help a great deal, is the ability to assess what the real cost is when comparing facilities. The ability to know before hand whether they are only self pay or can or would accept elderly waiver or medicaid if they run out of money.

The only way to really evaluate a facility is to visit it with your loved ones. Listen and watch how the staff interacts with the residents and each other. That will tell you more than any rating system regarding your confidence in the facilities ability to care for your loved ones and knowing that they will be safe.

Really liked this place. N...

Really liked this place. Not as 'new' feeling as Landmark, but still very clean and location is pretty cool. I like the neighborhood it is in and the staff and residents are all quite happy with each other, and interactive. This is independent with services avaialable, which I like a lot, it keeps the price down.

A great place for Dad

My dad just loves Meadowood Shores! Meadowood is the independent living side of the campus.

He didn't want to move from his house but he realized he needed a change, just too lonesome after mom passed a couple years ago.

We took a visit and he loved it. Staff and residents are wonderful! The apartments a large and clean, and the closet space is AMAZING.

Everyone is so warm and friendly, upbeat and enjoyable. The social life for him is the best part, Playing cards, visiting with coffee, going places.

No worries for us kids as they have taken care of everything and make moving in and living there a breeze.

He is kicking himself for not doing this sooner!

Positives: very nice facili...

Positives: very nice facilities, apartment very spacious. Negatives for our situation: complete independent living (only 8 meals/mth). We need a better balance of assisted living with independent living. Also the location was a little out of the desired area.

We toured the Meadowood sid...

We toured the Meadowood side and found it warm, inviting, friendly, clean and well maintained. We look at two different floor plans of and the apartments are spacious and the closet space is outstanding. Kathy and her staff were awesome.

I Can't Say Enough!

She is in independent living. Their staff is great, I can't say enough. Two meals a week are included, and you can buy additional meals whenever you want. There is a full kitchen in the apartment. They have exercise class tons of outings, bible study, cards, lots of stuff. That's just the stuff I know off the top of my head! After we saw Brightondale, my mom decided that she didn't need to view anymore because we liked it so much.

Gorgeous, but too large

It was beautiful, it was gorgeous, but the guy who was showing us around was new and he got lost in the hallways. My dad being 94 has his dog who is very important to him and he wouldn't have been able to walk those long hallways to take him outside.

Lots of units -immediate av...

Lots of units -immediate avail $1400 includes 8 dinners for both No private info required. Month by month - $1500 deposit. Transition to Assisted Living in sister unit next door. Care package or a la carte at that time. Assisted Living much more $

It was a bit far for us gir...

It was a bit far for us girls, but my dad may like the distance for work. There was also a place for him to smoke on the property. I didn't see a lot going on as far as residents playing cards or chatting. It will be in the list of definite possibilities.

MEADOWOOD SHORES ; Apt.refu...

MEADOWOOD SHORES ; Apt.refurb ; a bit far out ; long walk to center ; walk to central laundry ; OK for internet ; good vhf/uhf radio ; good meal arr. none in mrng; deck ; face WNW ; good view to park ; 4x4 storage locker on same floor; good kit/din/lvg arrangement ; OK storage ; good rent ;good 'feel' ; storage w/ car ; $30/mo elect ; hodge podge local biz

Past Experience

We chose Brightondale because we had previous experience with this community. We had a previous loved one here for more then 3 years and the entire experience was good, so it made it an easy choice when looking for a place for another loved one. We are very please with Brightondale and would recommend it to anyone.

$1393 1 br. +, very spacious. Nice. ...

$1393 1 br. +, very spacious. Nice. She didn't like the 8 meals req'd. a month included. timing of meals also not good. Mem facility has nurse staffed only 8 hrs.

Do not take EW

Do not take EW

This was a lovely place but a little ...

This was a lovely place but a little pricey.

The director is great! I enjoyed our...

The director is great! I enjoyed our tour. Lots of amenities. Nice room layouts, nice gathering rooms. I'll have to think about the total costs and the neighborhood; busy street, residential/shopping areas.

Brightondale Senior Campus has been serving the north east suburbs for over 20 years. We are well established in the community, and work with our local partners to bring value to the community.