Lexington Medical Lodge - Farmersville, TX

Lexington Medical Lodge - Farmersville, TX has yet not published prices.

• Short Term Rehab
  • Recreational & Social Activities

incompetence

Do not put your loved one here unless they can do things for themselves. My mother was here after she fell and broke her hip, had surgery, came her for her rehab. Up on admission I explained to the director of admitting that she has chronic UTI's and would need to go to the restroom quite often. She said no problem they have a great staff. Well after several days here the wonderful staff would leave her on the bedside commode for 20 to 30 mins. at a time and would not return after calling them several times. one told her she was off duty so the next one that is coming on will help her. WHAT! seriously! so she had to wait again. She actually had one guy get in her face one night and told her he did not have time to come in and take her to the restroom all the time. When I would try to talk to the nurse in charge she said she would handle it but nothing was ever done. Then she started getting sick and both she and I told them she was getting a UTI. They contacted the Dr. about this but after a couple of days and nothing was happening I ask why they are not treating her. I was told the Dr. said to give water but do not treat. I was fuming! She was so sick she could not hold her head up. This all happened a few days before she was to discharge and stay within her 21 days that her Medicare would pay in full. I told them she could not stay past the 21 days, but when they realized she was not getting any better they decided to treat her with IV antibiotics for 7 additional days. So now they want to charge her for the 6 additional days she had to stay due to there incompetence. She should not have to pay anything.

Beware

I am a current resident at Lexington. It is a lovely facility. But the rooms are much too small. They have to use the Hoyer lift to get me in and out of bed. There is hardly any room to get it into my room and always bump my feet or legs on the closets. But the worst is a night aide named [name removed] who terrorizes me. She disables my use of the call light button. She puts it way above my head on the left side of my body. The nurse is intimidated by her and just makes excuses for her. I am paralyzed on my left side and have no way to reach the call button to call for help if I need it. And I do need help. I have requested that she stay out of my room to no avail.

I am afraid every night about what she might do next. They can put her in another hall but all she has to do is walk right back over here. Beware if you are thinking of putting your loved ones here.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

So far my loved one has liked about 90 percent of the meals that he's had.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

They tend to my husband's needs and he gets his therapy on time. He's told me that he does a lot of different things for his rehab. The food is good. They don't really inform me on what's going on with him.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

The food is very good. The nurses and aides are very fine people. My husband does like it there, but he is ready to go home. It is one of the better places in the county. Therapy is wonderful. The facility is very clean. The food is very good and I love the dining experience. My husband loves the food, he doesn't eat well at home but eats very well here.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

We recommend Lexington to everybody. We love it. The nurses and activity director are awesome. Everybody loves my mom. She's always doing activities. It's clean. They've kept my mom informed with her rehab and have always had open communication with us.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

It's been great. The staff is very helpful and attentive. The facility is clean. The meals are great. The dining room is nice. They do an excellent job of keeping me informed.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

They're very attentive to my mother. They seem like really nice people. It's nice and clean. The therapy facilities are very nice. I like their equipment. I think the nurses are great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's very clean. There's no trash. The meal I saw looked great. They keep me very informed.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

I think my dad could be in therapy a little longer, but he's managing really well. I think the nurses could respond quicker, especially at night. Also, the staff is not very responsive at night, just like the nurses. I just think they are understaffed. I think the bathrooms could be cleaner. I think the food is very nice and good for my dad.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

Everything I have seen of my dad's care so far has been fine.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

The food is top of the line! My husband just loves his meals!

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

The biggest problem is the medications. Different nurses on different shifts, it's been my experience that they may end up reading the computer wrong and it is not a 100 percent accurate. My loved one seems to be improving with the therapy they're giving her.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

The nursing staff is awesome. The facility is very well maintained. The meals are very nice.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

I'm impressed with the therapist. The staff is really friendly. Everybody is. My wife likes the meals. She eats everything every time. The only thing is that there isn't a whole lot of communication. It being our first time with something like this, we want to know what is going on. Other than that, things are good.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

The people in my father's wing are extra, super nice. The therapy people are great. For the most part, the nurses are very, very good. The aides are super. They've been very kind, helpful, and attentive. It's extra clean. I'm a person that asks a lot of questions, and I have a hard time getting answers.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

Most of the nurses are real good. The staff is really friendly. The cleanliness is way better than average. We have had a problem with meals, since my loved one needs some special accommodation, but they are getting it straightened out.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

I don't think they put enough effort in the rehab. Everything else is pretty good.

Review of Lexington Medical Lodge

I feel like they're understaffed. They don't have enough people to take care of the patients they've got. It takes them a while to get to my loved one's room when she calls. The first day she was there, by midnight, they were calling me because she got out of her bed and fell and had to go to the ER. She was probably there six hours before that happened. She said she buzzes for the nurse, and it takes them a long time to come in there, so she wets her pants. When I talk to them, they seem to blow me off. They'll pass the information on, and it's not very personal to me. The people in the business office are great. I've talked to them several times. The staff at the front are very friendly. The nurses' aides are not personable at all. They don't even speak to me. I think it's clean. The meals are great. There are things they were supposed to let me know that I haven't heard anything about.

Lexington Medical Lodge uses a patient-centered approach partnered with technology and skilled care to serve our guests. We are committed to enhancing the quality of life for our long-term guests and ensuring our short-term guests are able to return home as quickly and safely as possible. We care for each individual as if they are neighbors staying in our home. Rapid recovery is our primary goal.

Short-term rehabilitation care is transformed with our Rapid Recovery Program. We take into account each individual need to help each guest return home with the greatest independence possible. We use state-of-the-art modality equipment and offer physical, occupational and speech therapy.