Lee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center - Des Plaines, IL

Top Notch!

Clean, warm, welcoming, attentive and definitely on top of things.

After being admitted to five other nursing homes I know that I would never allow to be put in any other! None have been any where near as great as this place.

I've always said I'd never put my mom in a place like a nursing home, that is until I found Lee Manor.

My mom was surprised when I called her and told her I felt like I was home with family taking care of me. She said it made her happy to know I finally found a good place to heal where I didn't feel like just another body added to their care.

Top Notch, quality, beyond any expectations I've ever imagined or hoped for.

Lee Manor, thank you not just tending to my physical well being, but for doing what it takes to fill the emotional needs required to keep us going.

Great Place

My uncle was at home in hospice. As his health declined we were desperately searching for a nursing home. Our hospice team informed us they were having trouble finding someplace to take him due to a benefit issue. Then we got the call that Lee Manor accepted him.

I called Michelle in admissions to make an appointment. She made herself available the next day so they could quickly admit him. At our meeting she spoke to us like family instead of a paycheck. She walked us through the process and was extremely compassionate.

Although his time there was short, everyone we had the pleasure of working with was exceptionally courteous and remarkably caring.

If ever needed, I would choose Lee Manor for my own health care needs.

Didn't Feel Positive

It was in the middle of renovations when I saw it so it was kind of a mess. I didn't like the way the supervisor treated one of the employees. I just didn't like her attitude towards her. I didn't feel like it was a positive place, didn't feel a positive vibe when I went in there.

Samantha Frigo

We certainly apologize for any inconvenience experienced during our renovations. Our goal is to continually provide the finest quality of care in modern, pleasant surroundings; we strive to minimize the impact of such renovations and are always open to suggestions of how we might better address individual needs. Our expectation is that all staff will treat others, including co-workers, with the utmost of respect; we have many staff members who have great longevity, including one nurse who has worked at the facility since it opened in 1979; that kind of employee retention can only be accomplished through a generally positive work environment. Our customer satisfaction survey results of greater than 90% would indicate that we are generally successful in meeting our service goals.

Clean. Nice hardwood floors. Friendly...

Clean. Nice hardwood floors. Friendly. No urine smell. Gave me Public Aid requirement info.

Samantha Frigo

We appreciate the positive comments on the cleanliness of our facility. We are fortunate to have a dedicated team of housekeepers; the consistency of that staffing, with a turnover rate of less than 5%, enables us to provide a quality environment for our patients.
William McNiff, Administrator

Possibility

Possibility

OK, seemed a bit disorganized. people...

OK, seemed a bit disorganized. people milling around all over. just ok.

Samantha Frigo

We would agree that we have a building with a lot of activity. Our residents are free to visit any of our five floors to be able to choose from a wide array of activity programming throughout our facility. You will also find Restorative Nursing staff walking patients in the corridors to maintain strength and independence. Visitors are quite welcome to assist patients in maintaining their social interests and community connections. On the flip side, we also offer multiple lounge areas where patients may enjoy moments of solitude or a quiet visit with family or friends, a space to utilize computers with free internet access or to play a piano. We also have a large library of books, videos, and DVDs that patients may enjoy in the comfort of their individual rooms.
William McNiff, Administrator

Nice place--he is on a waiting list...

Nice place--he is on a waiting list...

Lee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation is a family-owned and operated facility and has been caring for the community since 1979. We are committed to our physicians and the families they represent to meet today’s ever changing healthcare needs. The Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce recently honored LEE MANOR with the “Community Enhancement Recognition Award” for providing a positive living environment while promoting good health to its residents. This award is for the newly completed renovation focusing on the expansion of the Rehabilitation Department, designed to emulate activities of daily living such as grocery shopping and the ability to get in and out of a vehicle with ease, and the addition of the Hemodialysis Center, where our residents are dialyzed surrounded by a familiar staff and setting within a safe environment. LEE MANOR is Medicare/Medicaid Certified, offer Hospice Services and Respite Stays as well as an Alzheimer’s/Dementia care unit. Some of the unique amenities we offer include an ice cream parlor that leads to an enclosed outdoor patio, barber and beautician services and numerous family rooms throughout the entire facility. At LEE MANOR, we take pride in the services and amenities that have earned us the reputation for superior care.