Bridgeway of Bensenville - Bensenville, IL

Bridgeway Senior Living, LLC offers a full continuum of care, including independent and assisted living, as well as skilled nursing residences for seniors who have more complex care and assistance requirements. Skilled nursing is available for those in need of medical, rehabilitative and restorative care as well as those who require long-term care. Several distinct levels of nursing care are available and tailored to each individual’s requirements based on assessments and a personalized care plan. All Residents are treated with the utmost respect and dignity as we strive to help them function at the highest level possible while providing emotional, spiritual and physical support to enhance their well-being.

Really sad

This rating is for the nursing home not assisted living .My Mom was in this nursing home for 3 weeks last summer. She broke her collar bone and needed rehab. She was unable to get out of bed or a chair at the beginning because she couldn't use her arm. She had a button to press for help. Sometimes people would come sometimes not. Sometimes the orderly would leave it on the floor where she couldn't reach it.Twice she peed her pants after waiting for more than 1/2 hour, She was also on a special diet and couldn't eat fiber. Sometimes she couldn't eat what they served and she went hungry. Both my sister and I spoke to administrators about these issues but nothing ever changed. Want to speak with someone in the corporate office? They won't let you in the building. That summarizes their attitude. We want your money but don't bother us with issues concerning compassionate care.

Moving Within the Community

My mom is actually being moved into different area of the community. She is needing higher level of care. The staff was great and very good with my mom. She was involved with going to the dining room and that was good. We didn't have problems with the community.

Beware

Bad experience. Would not recommend to anyone.

Highly recommended.

We liked the tour of this community. The staff was nice and caring and we liked that the dining area was on the floor. The community is clean and maintained. We like the menu and the list of activities. This community works with Medicaid which we thought was wonderful. We would suggest that families tour this community for excellent care for a loved one.

Staff is Wonderful!

My parents are receiving very good care at Bridgeway of Bensenville a CCRC. The staff is very attentive to their care needs and keep me informed on their well-being. I take great comfort in how easy it is to talk with the staff and how they respond to any questions or concerns I have about my parents. The food is very good, I have dined with them and they offer a good variety of meals. They also offer many activities, Bingo, movie nights, and birthday celebrations. The rooms have balconies and patios for the residents to enjoy the fresh air. The grounds are very well-kept with lots of greenery and flowers. I would highly recommend Bridgeway to friends and family.

Can not recommend

My mother was not provided the proper assistance she required and was promised. Based on my opinion some of the employees do not tell the truth.

I visited Thursday 07/06 and the place was nice, but had no memory care rooms available. I was put on a waiting list and was told I'd be notified if any rooms open up.

Issues in The Beginning, but Overall a Nice Community

I had some issues with this community when my mother first moved in. There were some promises that were made during the interview process, and they did not follow through with. We have had some housekeeping issues, and it took three weeks for them to correct the situation. Other than those issues she is very happy here. The other staff members have been very helpful. Overall it is a community I would recommend, everything seems to be working in the right direction, but I'am keeping my eye on everything.

The tour at Bridgeway Independent/Assisted Living was the worst experience out of all the visits. The tour guide was unenthusiastic and unwelcoming. The Independent Living area is dreary, dark and uninviting. The hallways feel confining and like a maze to locate your room. The rooms are uninviting. The residents seem unhappy. They do not sound like they will work with me at all. The pricing structure is complicated. It makes your head spin. I felt like the entire plan would nickel and dime my parents. The nursing home is the only part of Bridgeway that accepts Medicaid. The Independent Living and Assisted Living do not accept Medicaid. To get Assisted Living services, it is an ale cart plan where help with every shower is $$$. They are not licensed to help with a colostomy bag. My dad may need help with his colostomy bag in the future. I would never encourage my parents to pursue Bridgeway.

A Good excrescence!!

I really do like the fact that my parents are seated with new people every night for dinner. At the end of the month, they have a lunch for new residents. Bridgeway had a Mother's Day lunch for the ladies. A calendar of events is posted and given to the residents in their personal mail slots. Now I am just hoping they will join in more activities.

Really good fit

The staff at this community are awesome and get the highest marks. My parents like the food. They offer a good variety of healthy choices. The community is clean. The residents are welcoming and friendly. I think they could use a little more organization when it comes to social functions. I am glad my parents made the move and I would recommend this community.

Bridgeway makes it easy for me to get help!

This is a fairly adequate facility. The staff do a great job, and they make it easy for me to get help here. The meals are delicious, and my husband and I also appreciate the availability that they have for us. I would recommend this facility!

Pleasant tour for us...

The staff at Bridgeway of Bensenville was very helpful and nice. We decided against them because we saw some bad reviews and they had some food issues.

Friendly staff!!

My mother has had a little bit of a tough time with the transition into this community but she has had no problems otherwise. The staff have been helpful and accommodating to her needs as best as they can. I do wish they would encourage her to get more involved in the different activities they have going on throughout the day. She has had no complaints about the food and has been receiving great nutrition.

A tour for care

I was not happy with the staff member from this community. I was informed that there was a waiting list to get in. The community needs to repair the carpet. The staff was not very welcoming. Most of the residents were sitting in the hallway. They rushed me on the tour. This was a very close location to me. I would recommend that other families try and tour this community for there loved one.

Senior living

Staff helpful and friendly

Overall A Work In Progress For Us Here

So far we are having an okay experience here at this community. My package I got my husband and I, is one that allows us to live together. He is getting his assisted living care and I'am able to remain independent. He isn't getting all the AL attention he needs, and I'am paying for it. I have spoken to the director, and he is working to get my issues resolved. I do like the fact we able to bring our cats along with us. There are activities, and we get three meals a day. Overall It is still a work in progress for us here.

Lets all read

The staff here has been great and caring with my loved ones. They are affordable and have a beautiful community that is always kept clean and neat. The maintenance guy is super helpful when my loved ones need something. The meals are good and nutritious. They also have book club that my loved one loves to go to.

Above And Beyond!!

I really don't have any negative things to say about this community they communicate very well. My mother likes the meals that they offer, the meals are nutritious and tasty. The whole community is kept clean and up-kept. One thing i would like for the staff to do is to try to encourage my mother to interact in activities in a level of comfort for her.

Bridgeway is Home

Mom loves it at Bridgeway. The residents are very friendly and welcoming. Feels like home to her already after just a month.
The staff is friendly and attentive as well.

A+

I currently work and Bridgeway of Bensenville and I am very impressed with the level of care the team provides to all of the residents. Everyone knows each other by name and it feels like home. They offer so many activities and choices with meals that and it is a good feeling to know that the residents feel well taken care of.

Could Have More Activities

I just wish there were a few more activities going on at Bridgeway of Bensonville. I checked out a couple of other different places and I think they all had more activities, but that is my only complaint.

My Mother Enjoys It

My mother enjoys the food and that is a good thing. Everyone is friendly and also checking to see if she needs anything. Mom feels that she is in her own home.So she is comfortable there and happy, so that makes me happy.

very pleased

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

We are among diverse people, each unique and from varying backgrounds. There is an atmosphere of caring and respect among us. Programs are offered to enhance the residents' lives and promote physical health. Medical intervention is adequately available.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

As a whole, this community is a pleasant place to live. Changes are always difficult, especially for seniors; but Bridgeway residents have made it easier.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

I moved to Bridgeway 3 months ago without hesitation. My spacious 2 bedroom apt. is larger in size than my former home, where I resided for 53 years. I am involved in most activities, the residents are most cordial & friendly and are happy to be in a very caring and secure environment. All my physical and emotional needs are being met very adequately.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

The facility is wonderful. And I often wonder why there is not a waiting list of people who want to live here. Bridgeway is perhaps the "world's best kept secret"! You need to get the word out that everything here at Bridgeway (i.e. staff, programs, services, food, & residents) meets my sister Phyllis' every need. I am so happy that she chose this place over many others to live out her remaining years.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

Have lived here two years. The best thing that could happened to me.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

This has been the best move I ever did. I love my apt. The people are all very friendly & it feels like family. The food is good.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

There are not enough words to describe how pleased we are that our mother is at Bridgeway. The surroundings, the staff, the food, the activities, the community... it is absolutely amazing. It is a blessing to have the comfort of our mother living here. It allows us such peace of mind. We thank everyone for their contribution. We LOVE Bridgeway of Bensenville.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

I am very happy with the community I had an aunt and uncle who lived here and they were happy and lived here till they died.

I have no complaints.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville, in Bensenville, IL

I love living at Bridgeway. A very reasonable monthly fee.

Review of Brideway of Bensenville, in Bensenville, IL

I lived in Elmhurst. I like it here.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

The best decision I made in adult years as far as residence is concerned, is that I chose Bridgeway of Bensenville as my home. Great people, great friends, great neighbors.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

Everything at Bridgeway validates the value upon which community was established. Compassion, love: profound caring.

Excellent service

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

It is a great community! I am loved here, kept warm, fed well, and very safe! Great friends are made.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

This was the best decision I made in my adult years, as far as residence. I chose Bridgeway as my home. Great people, great friends, great neighbors.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

A good life is a life that you share with others. Your memories, your stories, your values. It happens every day at Bridgeway of Bensenville

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

Bridgeway is more than a senior community; it's a way of life that protects the people who live here.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

I wish every town in the world had a community like Bridgeway of Bensenville for Seniors. We live a fulfilled life & maintain our dignity.

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

Blessings to be here! I have been in maintenance 27 years - This is the best company I have worked for in my life!

Review of Bridgeway of Bensenville in Bensenville, IL

Initially I was reluctant in moving into any place, until I met with the people of Bridgeway of Bensenville. I love it here, I should have moved sooner.

The food, the staff, the activities, everything and everybody keep me happy at Bridgeway of Bensenville.

As a doctor, I enjoy the residents at Bridgeway of Bensenville. The community is clean, safe, friendly and full of professional's who care about the residents.

very satisfied

I am very satisfied with Bridgeway of Bensenville. I was no longer able to take mom around and give her the care that she needs, and at Bridgeway of Bensenville I am comfortable and at peace knowing she is getting the care she needs and is happy there as well.