Everyone is so caring and helpful. Do not know what I would do without these people. Thank you!

Satisfied With this Community

My parents are doing very well here at this community. It is still a transitional period for them, but overall I know they are in good hands. My parents have made little improvements since moving here. The staff is good, and they have been helpful and kind. There are activities offered for them when they are ready to participate. I know they are being cared for very well. Everything has worked out well for us, and I would recommend this community.

So much to do!

Everything has been going terrific here. My loved one is doing as many activities as she can do. They have so much going on here. The food is good, but it could be better with the variety. The community is always kept clean and neat. I would recommend them.

Very satisfied

Dogwood Forest has been a life saver for me. I was trying to take care of my elderly cousin when her husband died. I visited several facilities in the Cumming area and decided on Dogwood. I got a warm friendly feeling from the staff when I did a tour. The next time I stopped by they remembered my name as well as my 94 year old cousins. She is treated so well and I don't have to worry about her anymore. She is happy and is in really good hands there.

Lisa the activities Director gave us a tour.She was very professional and seemed to really love her job and enjoy the residents. Lots of volunteers from Lanier tech, residents were busy, out and interacting with others. Property is very nice, clean and maintained well. The Former Director had been here for many years and is going to open a new Facility for Company in Canton this Fall.

Kia Crawford

We are very happy you enjoyed your tour with us! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Review of Dogwood Forest - Cumming in Cumming, GA

This is the perfect community for my father since it feels like home rather than an institution. All staff and residents know each other personally and my dad loves that everyone knows his name. He is loved and cared for beyond measure and he repeatedly says what a wonderful place it is to live. Thank you Dogwood for loving and involving my dad.

Kia Crawford

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy when our residents and their families are happy. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Review of Dogwood Forest - Cumming in Cumming, GA

Love love love this place. My mom has been so happy and loved there. The staff is amazing. I would highly recommend it!!!

Kia Crawford

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy that you are satisfied with the services received! Please know that our door is always open if you should need anything. :)

poor management

High turnover rate with staffing. Staff is friendly but hard to develop relationship with anyone due to the turnover rate. Management is horrible. Not friendly caring or respectful to the families of the residents or to the staff. Staff complains on a regular basis about the unfriendly management. Told by staff that this is a main reason for high turnover rate. Good management=happy staff=good assisted living community!

Great looking community!

This is one of the communities I toured when I was looking into care options for my loved one. This didn't end up being the place that I selected but I was still impressed by what I saw here. It looked like they had quality care and a nice variety of activities. It's a nice clean facility, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I looked at quite a few options in the area and I was very impressed with all of them.

Very nice facility but look...

Very nice facility but looking at facilities that are closer to specific family members. This was a bit of a distance.

This place is wonderful!

I'd give them a 10 out of 5 in every category if I could! It's a beautiful, clean facility, and the staff have been amazingly friendly and caring. The staff are very hands on, and like to get to know the residents on a personal level, get to know their histories, likes and dislikes, etc. The activities director in particular really goes the extra mile! She talks with the families and finds out the sorts of activities their loved one might like, and she is great about encouraging the more shy and reluctant members of the community to participate. The building maintenance man, Eric, is also very cheerful and friendly with all of the residents. I'd recommend this place to anyone!

Not the right license level

That was very small, but it was nice. I believe it had a fixed price strucutre but it was more expensive. One of the good things we discovered was that there are two types of licenses for these facilities in the state of Georgia and asissted living/memory care is the highest license. I forget the exact term they use but this did not have the right kind of license when we looked.

I really like this place. Its relati...

I really like this place. Its relatively new, bright, spacious common areas, friendly w/o being juvenile. Price is ok, too. All inclusive except phone and cable. Location is ok altho its right next door to the hospice where Dad died. Don't think mom will remember that. Do have memory care and it was nice, spacious.

like alot

like alot

Good facility

Good facility

Our newest community, Dogwood Forest of Cumming is located in Cumming, Ga., not too far from Ga. 400. Dogwood Forest of Cumming offers superior care in a well-designed living environment consistent with what Dogwood Forest communities are known for. Our living environments have all of the details that have been clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in the health and lives of seniors. Our community’s understated elegance, enhanced by touches of Southern sophistication, provides the comfort and warmth you would want in an assisted living community. Best yet, our care service options are extensive and our dedicated staff provides personalized care to fit any individual need. While some of our residents are independent, others may need a little extra help. But rest assured – our assisted living neighborhood is perfect for providing the additional care you are looking for. And for residents who are in various stages of Alzheimer’s or dementia, we have our stress-free Memory Care neighborhood that offers special comprehensive programs and approaches needed to care for those with memory impairments. We also offer temporary stays for those caregivers who may need a little break. Regardless of your need, our compassionate staff is here to help as we are completely passionate about our residents!
The services, amenities, care wellness and life-enrichment programs truly set us apart. We intentionally create living environments that are clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in seniors. Our mission is simple: we want to improve the lives of those we serve. Come experience the Dogwood Difference at Dogwood of Cumming.