Need More Variety of Food

Listening to my mother and father say the food needs improvement more variety . But everything else is good needs met and satisfied with the facility.

Overall they did a pretty good job.

Overall they did a pretty good job. The cleanliness is the one thing that could have been improved. The housekeeping could have been a little more thorough. I got more than I thought for my money. I know they tried but they could have offered a few more activities. Dinner wasn't so good. They told me that they were going to have the Therapy center ready and it didn't happen within the time frame. Justin, that does the admissions is very personable, and really connected with my father, and that was one of the reasons we chose them.

It's too soon to judge the services a...

It's too soon to judge the services and activities for our brother-in-law. His room is attractive and the staff is friendly. Food apparently not great but that is supposed to change.

Justin Isabell

Greetings from the Executive Director! I wanted to personally thank you for moving your brother-in-law to our welcoming community! As of August 21, 2014, we have began our own food service program, rather than contract with the neighboring nursing home. Since the change, the residents have done nothing but compliment us on the quality of the food, the cleanliness of the dining room, and the graciousness of the dietary staff. We hope your brother-in-law spends many years here and makes Lamplight his home.

Welcoming Director

After our tour, the director came out and talked to us about our experience in terms of the walk around. She was very welcoming, and to me, that should be the whole focus of her job. For the director to come and visit and talk to people shows that they really care. We didn't choose because of a chance comment that I heard about Emeritus as a corporation. Despite that, they were our third choice. I believe that it is the people in the buildings, rather than the corporation as a whole, that make the experience.

I'm not real happy.

I'm not real happy. The personal spaces need some work on the cleaning. They don't respond thereis nobody around hardly at all. If I needed someone I had to walk down long lengthy hallways to find someone. Even though I labled the clothes and bedding, yet somehow or another none of it managed to get to the appropriate room. Just going around and saying it's dinnertime is not good enough for a lot of these people. They didn't pay any attention to his health, they are supposed to alert us to what's going on and there was none of that. He didn't want to participate in activities so I can't really comment on that. I tried the food, the assisted living food was more paletable than the skilled. In the skilled facility it was totally obnoxious. The assisted living is acceptable but the skilled is terrible. I chose it because it was VA approved and could accommodate the type of room we were looking for. If you use their furniture they charge you for usage of it after 30 days. He couldn't make it to the dining room and nobody would come and get him or bring him food. The skilled area was terrible it was filthy.

It was lovely.

It was lovely. It was a little more luxurious. It was a little more expensive, and a little out of our price range.

She has Improved!!

The friendliness of the staff, and really everyone there, is outstanding. Steve, the event coordinator, is really good. My aunt is living there, and since she's been there she has actually improved. She is doing very well, and I have seen marked improvement in her memory. She goes and plays almost every game that they do. She loves the anagrams and the word games that they play, and she does a lot of puzzles.

Older but remodeled community

The community is an older community built around 1986. It has been remodeled and updated to be more modern. Their staff is friendly and helpful. We are very happy with them so far and would recommend them to anyone.

Driving towards the buildin...

Driving towards the building you can tell it is not well kept up. Depressing mold on the red tile roof. The receptionist was abrupt with me when I told her I didn't have an appointment; when she got over her dismay she told me she would find someone to assist me as soon as possible. The GM eventually came out and gave me a tour. I mentioned that all I wanted to see at this time was the 1-bedroom unit. He said they didn't have any 'real' 1 BR units, only 2 adjoining units with the door between them removed - cost for that 'unit' was twice the single unit cost. Commuinity fee is $1,000 unless you take the the 1 bedroom - then you had to pay $5,000. He showed me the entire facility before showing me the room. To make it worse, the furniture in the lobby was so sticky that my arm literally had to be peeled away (like leaning on a counter and finding it sticky). Cloth upholstered furnture should not be sticky. I recommend you send it up the line that this community is NOT offering a one BR unit and that the place is disgusting and smelly (like a badly kept nursing home.) None of the attendants greeted me, the GM was dressed in a short sleeve shirt with the tail out.

Jeff Yeager

Our building is clean and well maintained but is dated in décor and is the most affordable. To answer [removed]
Cleanliness – we did receive your report that you didn't like the fragrance of our cleaning products.

[removed] We know you indicated to the CRD that you doesn’t make appointments. Our receptionist asked if you had an appointment as she did not have his name as an expected appointment and to call the appropriate staff. The CRD was in tour; the executive director was in a contract signing and the Business Office came out and attended it as a normal part of A team response.

Sticky [removed] Our furniture is cleaned regularly – we received your recommendation on a cleaning service both for the building and the furniture. Concierge is in charge of checking furniture throughout day and attends to same.

1 bedroom [removed] We had no one bedroom apartments available. We do have a shared bath apartment which is usually a bedroom on both sides with adjoining doorway which is also available as a one bedroom but is considered two separate apartments – thus each side has a charge. Not unusual for companion living.

Community [removed] We have the same plans for choice on community fee as all Sarasota communities -- $1000, 3000 and 5000. Business office director offered the $5000 - $2500 for each side of the shared bath which would normally be 1-3-5 for each side.

Manner of [removed] Business Office Director had a Florida style shirt, dress pants.

We have also completed a retraining of all A Team this past week as continued quality assurance which included our concierge. Our building received the routine power washing recently. The color of the roof tile is black which has reddish paint to blend in with adjoining building. Roof needs a repaint but does not have mold.

In the CRD conversation, we appreciated all of your recommendations for companies to fix our building, furniture and cleaning products. We also understand we will not meet everyone’s needs. Thank you for the feedback and every perception is valuable to us in improving our services. Please advise if you have further recommendations for us.

Money gone then service.

I helped my friend move into the community. He is 93 years old. The community was really nice at first but the fibbed to us. Once they had our money everything changed. The community then told a couple of days in that he will have to move out in 2 weeks due to not having the proper doctor notes. Had to pay $5,000.00 to move. Then they charged $2,500.00 fee for breaking the contract and not staying and they also charged him a $3,500.00 fee for not giving a 30 day notice even though he didn’t even stay for more than 2 week. On top of all the fee one day when walking down the hall an air vent fell out of the roof and almost hit him.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Emeritus Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system