Lakeshore Estates - Waco, TX

I Enjoy Living Here

Overall, I'm enjoying living at Lakeshore Estates. There are a few things that I feel need improvement, but aside from those items, I think it's very nice here. The food here needs a lot of work. I feel that, even though they offer several options during mealtimes, everything is covered in sauce and just never seems very appetizing. The housekeeping staff was also working in the kitchen during the holidays, which caused the housekeeping duties to be [Removed], and it doesn't seem very sanitary to me. Aside from these things, the staff are wonderful, and really seem to care about our opinions, the residents are all nice, and there are a lot of activities going on. Overall, I really do enjoy living here.

Home Sweet Home

The staff here are very friendly and helpful. Just a couple of things I don't like. One is that they don't make my bed daily and they don't do my laundry. I enjoy the daily activities such as bingo, music and singers come, and we play bean bag baseball or basketball. The food isn't that great you have option #1 or #2 or sandwiches but there is fresh fruit all day long if I wanted a snack. I would recommend this community.

You're only paying for room, food, and activities.

The building was lovely and seemed really nice. This facility just didn't fit my idea of what I wanted. When I visited, some of the residents were playing a bean bag toss. The one thing I really noticed is there wasn't a comradery amongst staff and residents. The other thing I noticed is that you're really only paying for your room, activities, and food. The biggest reason why I did not join the community is that they don't offer continuing care. They don't provide any kind of nursing care. If you need anything, you have to pay for a home health care nurse to come in. And of course, that is going to add an extra bill on top of everything. I would not recommend this facility.

Average is about 15 years older than I am. Expecting wifi in apartments by the end of this year. These reasons are deal breakers for me right now. This make change by the time I am ready to move.

I really liked this option. The apartment was very roomy. I met some of the residents. There are plenty of activities and the outdoor spaces were really nice.

Attentive Staff!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far things have been going well for him. The staff have been attentive to his care plan and are always accommodating his needs to the best of there ability. I like that they make sure he is comfortable and safe in his new living environment. He has had no complaints about the meals and is enjoying his dinning experience with the other residents. So far we are happy and would recommend this place to anyone.

Care for my friend

We like that care from this good community. The staff is caring and we like that they are attentive. I like knowing that he is happy with the meals and the great variety. They offer him activities to participate with the others. He is very active and we like that he is doing well here. We would recommend this community for the care and the value for other families.

Everything Working Out Well for My Mother in This Community

My mother is doing good with her move to this community. She is safe, and in good hands. They have good, friendly staff at this community. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the the community. Her room, and the facility look nice, and clean when visit. I have already recommended this community to my friends.

Nice Place!!

I have a very pleasant tour of this community with my mom and have no complaints about how things went for her. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to give us lots of great information on everything they had to offer. The only problem that we ran into was there was no long term options with medicare that other facilities had offered us, it was all self pay

Older place...

The Lakeshore Estates was more dated. The people were all very nice while on the tour, but when we went to see it, my mother already had her heart set on another community. They were redoing a 2 bedroom apartment while we were there.

Pleased With My Move Here

I'am pleased with my move here to this community. This is truly a lovely community. Everybody has been very welcoming and friendly. The community is pretty well well maintained. At the moment they are a bit short on help with the cleaning, but that is to be expected with a community this size. The staff is great they have polite and respectful. There are many activities available. The meals are okay, they are well balanced. I'am enjoying my time here, and I would recommend it.

One of my complaint is the Food. The menu needs more variety . One of my complaints is the chicken. It is always dark meat. The last I had was 2 legs with only about 4 bites of meat. They bring coffee around several times.. The iced tea is not.

Really nice senior place

Lakeshore Estates was a really nice independent living facility. The staff are great! There's always something to do with the other residents. Unfortunately, it wasn't a perfect fit for my mom, but I would and have recommended it to others. The one thing that was surprising to me was the Community Fee, but it is at almost all senior facilities, so it is nothing bad. I was not particularly glad to see just one elevator, but there are also stairs for the active.

Really nice facility. Close to house. No memory care or keypad entry. The unit I was shown was a very odd shape and I couldn't picture mom in there. Affordable. Maybe other units will open up. Overall a very positive impression.

very nice place but is independent living with home health assistance. Not enough care for Mom. She needs more round the clock support.

Good Place for my Dad

My Dad has been at Lakeshore for 5 years. The staff is excellent, the food better than I had expected and there are plenty of activities. The facility bus service seems to meet most needs.

There are women from 2 service companies who are available for hire for assistance as needed for those edging toward Assisted Living, such as giving baths, assisting with dressing, checking to ensure they remember meals, etc.

I am very pleased with the place and am glad Dad is there.

We Are Satisfied

They have been very friendly and very helpful. At times there have been one or two little things that they have been slow to respond on, but that was maintenance issues. On the whole, we are satisfied and my loved one seems to be satisfied.

totally satisfied

We are totally satisfied with Lakeshore Estates. My dad loves it. They are great. The people are great. They are very genuine authentic people. We are just all satisfied. There is nothing they could improve on here. I am very pleased.

Lakeshore Estates was a very friendly, bright, clean and vibrant environment. From the moment I walked in I felt welcomed by staff and residents. I was surprised to find such a variety of ages and capabilities in the residents I saw. In addition all of the residents seemed happy and full of energy. Lakeshore Estates houses a cheerful, welcoming and active environment for retirees. Although I was looking for my aunt and uncle I wouldn't mind living there myself :-)

The people who work their, care very much about each person who loves there. Great atmosphere and lay out of the campus. Really beautiful outdoor area.

I don't have any complaints.

I think they have been accommodating as much as humanly possible. I don't have any complaints. It's kept very clean, and the staff is friendly. The food is good. We are pretty happy with it.

Very nice community

They really do a great job here! The food is good, the activities are good, and the staff are all very friendly! The facility itself is always clean and well kept, the only real complaint I have is that they could use another elevator, it can get backed up during busy times.

Friendly people and good value

It's a great place, they're really friendly. From what I've seen around everywhere the cost is fine, all they do is provide meals and clean their rooms but for that part they do well. Lunch is good, its the biggest one, its's all good, it could be a little healthier but the people living there probably wouldn't want that. They've always got something going on and they have a real nice activities director. We chose it for the value, the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff. She likes it, she likes the people and most of them are pretty friendly, nice people.

Charming and Elegant with Pretty Landscaping

My mom will be moving in on August 1st so we haven't had any experience with the care services yet but they seem to be what we need. It looked like they had quite a few activities like music and going on shopping trips, movie night, games, and crafts.

One thing we really like is that it has some outdoor space on the unit. My mom really wanted somewhere where she could sit and get some fresh air. There's pretty landscaping but not at all fake and a walkway around the whole facility. It's near Lake Waco.

It reminded us of an old fashioned hotel and she liked that feel. It's charming and elegant, maybe a little tattered around the edges but still very nice. We thought the price was reasonable for what they had to offer. The unit my mother chose was just over $2000 a month.

Elegant Living for Mom

I've been very impressed by the care and respect shown to my Mother. When searching for a place for her I had many reservations and fears- will she be treated kindly, will she be respected, will she be taken advantage of, will her surroundings be pleseant. At Lakeshore Estates all of my fears where relieved.
This is a very nice, clean, beautifully decorated community. The first thing I looked for when I entered was a bad smell- There was NONE! When I think of Lakeshore Estates Elegance comes to mind. A kind staff! Thoughtful managers ! I have been very pleased and thankful that my mother is in a safe, clean, nice, elegant and affordable environment.
If you are looking for a place for your loved one you've got to check this place out!

Located in the northwestern, rural area of Waco minutes away from the city’s central business district, we’re the home you’ve been looking for in the heart of Texas. You’ll appreciate being close to shopping, dining, and some of the best-ranked healthcare in the state.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind