LAKES, THE - Banning, CA has yet not published prices.

My father is well taken care of and happy

My father and his wife were in assisted living for several years and have now been in the Memory Care Unit for about 3 years. We have been very happy to have him there. The difference that set this facility apart from other facilities is that there is adequate staff who are not under pressure to move onto the next resident. My father has Parkinson's and his pace is very slow. The staff did not rush him and did not seem tense because they needed to be somewhere else.

The staff in the Memory Care unit have been wonderful. They are responsive to our questions. When I call to follow up on something, they have already taken care of it. My dad is not an easy patient, but they still treat him as an individual and respect his feelings.

All About Money, Not Care

It's supposed to be good but it was just too big. My mother-in-law was getting lost in the halls - I got lost in the halls there! My mother-in-law kept saying it was all about money there. It's not so much care but how much they can get for their rooms there. Supposedly they're switching it to all assisted living but the rooms that are independent living aren't set up for assited living.