Lakeland Hills Assisted Living - Dallas, TX

Unique Independent Living

Not all the senior living facilities are alike, and that's a really good thing. If you're looking at the grades I've given here, you'll see that I intentionally gave comparatively low marks for Care Services. Though Lakeland Hills has an on-site nurse, let me point out that the actual name on the sign is Lakeland Hills Independent Living. The word "Independent" is key here. Naturally, not everyone feels great all the time. What the idea here is, is that residents provide for their own care when special services are required. in addition to a number of on-site recreational opportunities, a community shuttle is provided for visits to restaurants, banks, shopping, Drs. appointments and general errands that need to be run, on an everyday, scheduled basis. By leaving Special Care Services to other organizations, Lakeland Hills can do what it does best --- provide a positive experience for Independent Living seniors. Residents who provide for their own transportation can come and go as they please from a securely gated facility. What's more, Lakeland Hills is unique in that it features sunny Cottages, separate from the main facilities building and its wings. Talk about independent! Full kitchens, front and back porches and patios; plenty of sidewalks for exercise, and covered parking is available too. As many of us have pointed out to our own children, life is what you make it. I've made my home here at Lakeland Hills for a year now and while nothing is perfect, it's hard to beat weekly maid service and three healthy meals provided each and every day. I know from experience that I could spend twice as much for much the same experience anywhere in the Dallas area. But if what I want and expect is "Independence" and without an included, and frankly, somewhat depressing Nursing Facility feature, then Lakeland Hills is in a class by itself. Naturally, this is strictly MY opinion based upon MY experience here. I think important decisions like finding appropriate senior living accommodations deserve thoughtful investigation. You deserve it.

"Nancy Nurse"/ Priscilla Allen, RN BSN

All the staff are friendly and try to do their best. In the dining room we are given the menu with choice of 2 entrees. Or for dinner we can call the desk for other available meals like chef salads ahead of time. We get weekly housekeeping, electricity paid. We are given an opportunity to sign up weekly to go to Walmart or Albertsons, on Tuesday and Thursday we are taken to M.D. appts. Weekly personal places, bank runs. We have many activities (but I don't go to Bingo ), monthly restaurants, etc. I have been in another independent living place that couldn't hold a candle to this place. Other places cost 2/3 times more. I am in a wheel chair or use a walker. I have been a RN for 45 years. I am
reated with respect and camaraderie by staff and residents. I go into " Nancy Nurse mode" constantly. Many residents have home care nurses. [Name removed], the LVN, works for a home care agency, BUT she will come to see any resident here that has a problem. She is here at least 4-5 days per week. The staff at the reception desk are great. I have lived here only 3-4 months.

This property looks like an older property, and it is in a high crime area.

Old facility but awesome director!

The director here was awesome. She was very honest and upfront with me and told us that they wouldn’t be able to take care of my Mother. The facility itself is old and it needed some renovations. However, they seemed to keep it very clean and looking nice. I really liked how even though we would not be able to bring my mom here, the director recommended other facilities that would work.

Dad is happy

I really like Lakeland Hills Senior Living community. My dad is really happy there. I have eaten there with him and the food is really good. The meals they provide have a lot of choices and variety. He really likes his room. I wanted him to have a bigger room but he is very comfortable in the room he has. They have an activity center for the residents. But what my dad really likes are all of the trips they take outside of the community. The residents are really friendly. The staff is very welcoming when family members come to visit. [Removed], the main contact person for the community is amazing. She helps me with any questions I have, she is very easy to talk to. I would highly recommend this community to others.

A good place

I am enjoying living at this community. The community is very nice and well cared for. The staff have been helpful and answered my questions. The food is good and they do offer some nice social activities. I would recommend this community.

It's working out great!

I am doing great since my move into Lakeland Hills Senior Living. I am in one of their 2 bedroom cottages. The people here are very friendly and it has been a good experience. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

A welcoming community

My friend loves the chef at this community. The food is good and they offer a variety of options including sometimes grilling outside. He has made friends. They offer daily activities as well as transportation to doctors and other places in the area. The entire staff is wonderful and they have a great vibe. The community is clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

The facility is very nice with lots of upgrades. They have additonal upgrades to other floors planned soon. The dining room was well appointed and the staff are very friendly. The manager is so personable and knowing that she lives there is certainly a plus. The neighborhood is getting better and their are planned improvements with many large grants that are in the works to make things even nicer. The only thing that didn't work out for my family member is that she needs a more intense exercise program. They have an exercise room and do some very low impact exercise each day but she needs more than that. The price for what you get is very reasonable so I would highly recommend that you consider checking this place out for your loved one.

It was okay...

By the time that we toured the Lakeland Hills Assisted Living, we had already chosen another community. This place was nice, but not as nice as the other place. The staff were all very nice and seemed very personable.

This close community of residents,features of the available studio and one bedroom, especially in the newly remodelled area were beautifully presented. Friendly and clean throughout and many scheduled activities. They also offer a suite available to rent for family visiting from afar. The neighborhood doesn't adequately reflect the jewel of this home.

A great place!!

My brother was very happy living at this community. He liked the food and they had good options. The community is clean and well taken care of. The people were friendly.

Hidden Gem!

Found this place through "A Place For Mom" for one of my in-laws, what a great community, so thankful we found the place! Recently renovated, entire facility is beautiful! My FIL raves about the food and staff, great common areas to visit with family members, very clean and well maintained. I don't think it's fully occupied thus activities seemed to lack a little bit, but trips to Walmart and doctor's office are always on time. Only drawback I would say is the neighborhood around the facility, BUT at this stage in life these residents would leave the facility unless going to doctor, casino, or Walmart so that was of little concern to us. Great place!

Review of Lakeland Hills Assisted Living - Dallas, TX

Staff was friendly as were the residents. The neighborhood is questionable and inside the carpets were well worn and lots of scuff on the walls.

A comfortable facility to call home

Lakeland Hills had been home to my Mom for 18 yrs., she lived in a cottage and truly loved the experience. She is also high lighted in the welcome video talking about her experience.
I am her daughter and moved next door to her for the last 2 yrs. of her life, to be able to spend more time with her.

Lakeland Hills, is under the leadership of a very hands on director, [name removed] and also employs many dedicated people. [name removed], is the activity director, and is always planning many fun outings.

The facility is under a remodel and as we all know, that does take time to complete. The assisted living was taken out so is being remodeled for all independent living.

For those looking for a well run facility and independent living this is in a good location for convenience.

Lakeland Hills, while not in the best...

Lakeland Hills, while not in the best or most convenient
Neighborhood, is clean and more than adequate.
Some of the amenities need work like the pool room
where the TV does not work, and fitness area is
old and tired. Food is adequate. Rooms are the best
sq. ft. For the money I have seen. Nice outdoor
porches. Good storage areas

The facility is undergoing ...

The facility is undergoing a renovation but needs additional upgrades not only to the common areas but also to the private apartments. Overall this facility needs to be upgraded significantly I. Order to compete (price wise) with it's surrounding neighbors.

Very nice independent living, lots of...

Very nice independent living, lots of activities and active people. Assisted living people looked very frail.Cheapest, not great neighborhood

Our beautifully appointed living spaces feature initimate socail areas, multi functional rooms for activities and entertainment programs and a quiet,serene and extensive library. Take advantage of our private dining area for personal celebrations or enjoy our Signature Dining Service with new friends and neighbors.