La Casa Assisted Living - Annapolis, MD

Thanks for your care and compassion for our dad

We can't thank the staff of La Casa Assisted living home enough for the care they gave our father. He was a patient there for 16 months and the care and kindness they showed him was great. La Casa keeps the patients involved in life. They have parties for the different Holidays which include costumes and games. Families are always made to feel welcome when they visit and are able to get their questions answered. We knew as a family that our father was being well looked after and safe. Thank you from all of our family, we will me you all.

Thanks for caring and loving my sister

My sister was at La Casa for 5 years. She was diagnoses in 2003. After many unsatisfactory experiences she settled into La Casa in 2013. The staff at La Casa tended to her ever changing needs as she progressed to requiring total care. I visited daily and they were a tremendous support to our family as well. They helped us navigate through tremendous obstacles and were committed to allowing her age in place. The staff became extensions of our family throughout this difficult process. She lost her battle with Alzheimer's in the spring of 2018. The staff again was attentive to our needs as we said our final goodbyes.

Dangerous and unsatisfactory place for a loved one.

We used La Casa for respite care for my father-in-law in August of 2017 while my mother-in-law went on a vacation. Within three days of his arrival, the following things occurred: he pocketed his prescription bottle which had been handed over to staff and staff didn't realize it was missing until we returned it to them upon finding it ourselves; over our three visits in those three days, we saw absolutely no activities or attempts to engage residents - tvs were on throughout the home and residents were 'parked'; we arrived to find my father-in-law pinned in a corner by a table turned sideways so that he couldn't get up and wander (any type of restraint is illegal); we discovered two empty wheelchairs placed across a hallway to impede passage; and, finally, my father-in-law broke his hip. After his fall, which the staff witnessed, he was placed in a wheelchair and allowed to fall asleep. The family was not contacted for over 4 hours (and were given conflicting accounts) and no medical attention was sought before we were involved. Subsequently, the facility refused to return the remainder of the money paid for the rest of his scheduled stay in spite of their failure to provide a safe environment for him. The staff were friendly BUT that is simply not enough to place a loved one in this extremely unsafe and unstimulating home. My father-in-law, who entered fully ambulating, never walked again and required catheterization until his death four and a half months later. I am confident that his death was expedited as a result of his stay at La Casa. A complaint was filed with the Maryland Department of Health and as a result of their investigation, a Statement of Deficiencies was issued.

My mom's home

My mom lives here and she receives wonderful care. The staff is loving and kind. I love that they provide a clean, homelike environment. The staff will often sit and talk with mom, paint her nails and give her extra attention.

Great Facility

My mother recently passed in January of 2017. She spent 3.5 years at La Casa and our family could not have been more satisfied with the level of care and cleanliness of the facility. It should be noted that ownership changed about 2 years ago where the service and staff has been the absolute best. The owner, [Removed], runs a tight ship and the nurse, [Removed], is very hands on and knowledgeable. I would recommend this facility to anyone who has a parent or loved one with dementia/Alzheimers.

Actual exoerance

After my wife spent about 6 months there we weren't satisfied with the management. They charge $5000 non refundable entrance fee. So we transfered to Annapolitan Assisted living in Annapolis and were much more satisfied with her care. and no entry fee. She passed in December 2013

not a good experience for our family

clean facility , frequent family visits not welcome, activities not often enough, advertised services were misleading

Small community

We chose La Casa because it was a smaller community then others we looked at. With it being small it provides a more home like feeling with a more personal type of care. It does not provide the feeling of being in an institution. It is a very nice peaceful community with good staff and a very responsive owner. We are very pleased with the community and would recommend it to anyone.

As a Caregiver for over 15 years for my husband, Gene, who passed away from Alzheimer's Disease on March 13, 2005, I tried many different avenues to care for him. All failed! There had to be a better way, a better place, something, somewhere. I prayed every night that God would give me guidance and direction and, of course, strength to get through the next day-just the next day.

I was told my expectations of care for my husband were unrealistic. I disagreed. Out of complete frustration, I decided to open my own facility. I named it LaCasa - "the home". LaCasa is my answer and hope for others just like me.