HeartLands Assisted Living at Severna Park - Severna Park, MD

Wonderful Staff

The staff at HeartLands Assisted Living at Serverna Park has been wonderful. They are caring for my sister very well. They have been very accommodating, and communicate very well with me. There are activities available here and there, she likes the food, the community is clean. I would recommend them to anyone.

The Perfect Assisted Living Home

We are thrilled with everything about Heartlands. My mother-in-law moved in a little over a month ago and she is very happy. She says the food is "wonderful" and she is making friends. We have seen a big improvement in her -- she's more alert, getting stronger and able to do more. The staff at Heartlands is outstanding. They are always willing and available to answer questions or help out. On a day when my MIL had an early doctor appt and would have missed breakfast, they made her a box to go so she could eat in the car while I drove her. She has dialysis three times a week during the lunch hour, and the staff makes her a box lunch so she can eat when she gets back. Whatever she needs, they find a way to make it work out. We couldn't be happier and highly recommend Heartlands to anyone looking for assisted living. It doesn't get any better!

Comfortable atmosphere

This is a nice facility. They keep it clean and well organized and maintained. The staff is always helpful and very nice. The food is okay, but it could be better. I do like the comfortable atmosphere of the place.

Caring, friendly and attentive staff

The staff here is very caring, friendly and attentive. The building itself is clean and well maintained. The level of care is great and the nursing staff is excellent. The only improvement that needs to be made is the quality of the food. It could be better.

Great staff, loved the level of care given

Love the place, great people to care for your loved ones

Wonderful place!

I think they do a wonderful job at HeartLands Assisted Living. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff are all kind, caring, and extremely attentive. It really is a nice place, and I would recommend it to others looking into care in the area.

Nice place, overall!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Heartlands so far! The staff are very friendly, very pleasant and calming, and extremely helpful in whatever we've asked of them. They are worth a look, if you are looking into options in the area!

Other than that we are very happy.

They are very clean and friendly. They are pretty attentive and responsive, and they have plenty of activities. The only thing is that they hate the food. There have been various issues with service, the vegetables aren't cooked enough, and sometimes the fish is overcooked. Other than that we are very happy.

a long search ended at Heartlands

My first experiences are all about the search, review, visits, and meeting the staff (directors and caregivers.) Over a few months we reviewed many, visited a few, and concluded that The Heartlands of SP offered the best value. The Heartlands folks were best able to articulate and offer a plan for my 93 year old Mom's last years. They have relationships in place with other providers to accommodate her inevitable declines. My mother will require a lot of assistance in the future, and Heartlands seems more than able to deal with all her issues. We found a lovely corner room that offers great cross ventilation, and we're allowed to decorate to suit Mom. I can not yet offer review of their care services because she has not yet moved in. I do have high hopes and expectations based on interviews with all the key staff. Also, current residents of Heartlands I spoke with expressed satisfaction, comfort, and high praise for the facility. The residents are happy; this alone has to be good.

Very nice, Anne was very in...

Very nice, Anne was very informative, they seemed to be very active in the assisted living areas. But we didn't see a lot going on in the memory care area while we were there.

Concerned Daughter responds

Dear Anonymous,
I was shocked to see your note. Apparently you have not been around long. The Bridges unit, as you call it, is not a unit at all but home to my mom. The people who work there have become a part of our family. We like the size of the rooms because they are not overwelming, which someone with dementia or Alzheimers needs. You say the decor is boring, we find it very much like home and soothing to mom. Those with dementia need this type of decoration. In regards to people set around all day doing nothing......it seems you do not spend much time at the home. This is not a cruise ship, but a place where my mom can get her physical, social and spiritual needs met. I am surprised how many activities they do have with all the different types of dementia they deal with. Before you "not recommend" a place I would suggest you spend time in the home and pick up a book, maybe the "36 hour day" (this book helped me) to learn more about dementia.
I know it is hard to have a loved one need to leave us and go to a home, but you can rest (if you are a daughter or son) knowing you have picked one of the best places.

A concerned Daughter.

Heartlands at Severna Park Dementia area

My mother-in-law has lived at Heartladns for several years. The care in the dementia area is EXCELLENT!! They even send us pictures of their events- yesterday they had a tea party for the ladies and it was wonderful. The staff are caring and always there for me. One of the reasons I chose Heartlands is because it is small and intimate.

Not good for dementia

This facility is not good for dementia. The Bridges unit is horrible. They sit around all day and do nothing. It is small and the décor is horribly boring. I do not recommend this place for dementia.

Five Star Reviews

Heartlands at Severna Park has been a part of the Anne Arundel Community for 16 years. Our home has a proven track record with consistent family referrals in both our Assisted living and Dementia areas (Bridge to Rediscovery) . Our Bridge to Rediscovery area is purposely small so our loving staff are able to give the best and most individualized attention to each of our residents. We currently have a wait list of both current families and outside families who find real value in a small and intimate dementia area. The décor was part of a professional community renovation in 2009 and in line with the recommendations of The Alzheimer’s Association. Our unit is designed to meet the care and comfort needs of our residents. Activity programming takes place throughout the day and is sometimes difficult to see on a tour, but we would welcome you to come and witness our program in progress. And experience the many successes we have in bringing dignity and increased function to our resident through our Award Winning Bridge to Rediscover programming. Our activities range from individual, to group, live entertainment to lunch outings. We would welcome a return visit!

Love this place, but it's p...

Love this place, but it's probably too expensive.

Very impressed. Meets our needs.

Very impressed. Meets our needs.

Really liked this place. Spent 2 hour...

Really liked this place. Spent 2 hours there. Nice size rooms.

24-hour nursing staff; bridge, gourm...

24-hour nursing staff; bridge, gourmet and book clubs; doesn't take colostomy patients

Welcome to HeartLands, a Five Star Senior Living community! Our gracious, upscale community, only 15 minutes from historic Annapolis, is nestled in a wooded lot with an impeccably maintained building and grounds. We offer 24-hour nursing and staff, respectful caregivers, Assisted Living with additional levels of care, a secured dementia/Alzheimer’s unit, therapy programs and an on-site team of specialists, as well as group social events and much more. Our interior is tastefully appointed with a lobby reminiscent of a fine hotel. You will be captivated by the grand staircase, elegant dining room, library, sun porch, café, recreation areas and outdoor patios and gardens. For your enjoyment, we offer gourmet and book clubs, bridge, bingo and high tea, as well as live entertainment and outings to museums and area shopping. HeartLands at Severna Park has many lifestyle conveniences to make your experience comfortable and inviting!

Please call Anne today to schedule a tour!