Sunrise of Annapolis - Annapolis, MD

Sunrise of Annapolis is conveniently located on Bestgate Road in Annapolis, close to Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis Mall and scenic historic Annapolis. We pride ourselves in having a truly caring staff that has served our seniors for many years and have been awarded the “Best Assisted Living” in Annapolis in 2009 and 2010. Our community offers assisted living and memory care services. Please visit our community to see what makes Sunrise of Annapolis such a great place to live. Attached is the link to our community website that will give you a preliminary snapshot of our home.

I moved my mom from California to Maryland. The staff at Sunrise Annapolis were very helpful and supportive.

Everyone is friendly and caring

My mother's stay at Sunrise of Annapolis has been wonderful, she is enjoying taking part in the activities, like painting, sing-a-longs, and has been on a ride around with a staff member because she is in a wheel chair. She does use the dining area in the memory unit and she likes sitting there listening to all the conversations.
The staff is attentive and they make sure they address her needs very well. I would recommend them as the Staffing are very friendly and very caring.

The tour was nice

We had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well for the most part. From what I saw the community looked nice and clean, the staff was nice, and our questions were answered. It was a nice experience, but it wasn't the right fit for my mother and not close enough to my brother.

It was a nice tour

I had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well for the most part. From what I saw the community looked nice and clean, the staff was nice, and my questions were answered. It was a nice experience, but it wasn't the right fit for me.

A great home

The caregivers are excellent and are taking good care of my husband.The owner of the care home used to be a nurse. The food is great and he is eating well. The home is spotless and I have already recommended it.

An ok community.

I do not think the staff at this community were as attentive as the community dad is currently at. The staff were nice and the community was clean. The food was ok. This did not seem to be a very active community.

Be Cautious

My grandmother lived at this facility for over 5 years. She would have given this place good reviews. However, once she started going down hill towards the time of her death some unexpected things happened. Her purse went missing along with her checkbook (supposedly inside the purse). We were contacted that fraudulent checks were trying to be cashed/used in her name. After getting the police involved a staff member finally fessed up that her purse was locked up in her office. We were told by management that was NOT protocol. No word on the checkbook as it was not in the purse at the time of discovery. Her wedding ring was also missing and replaced with a cheap faux diamond ring. Very disturbing and heartbreaking to see our elderly love ones taken advantage of at such an vulnerable state.

Nice people!

This place has been excellent. My brother is getting good care. The staff is friendly and has been good to my brother. The community is clean and neat and we have not had any problems so far. The food is okay also it is close to us.

A very positive experience

Personal care for my mother reignighted the spark In her voice. She loves it there and therefore we are very pleased with all aspects of what they do at Sunrise.

Not the right price.

I never got the opportunity to tour this facility but they were very pleasant on the phone. Unfortunately, the rate was higher than my mother could afford.

To old!

We did like the community it was just a little bit older than
what we wanted. The people were really nice and helpful. We saw the residents out and doing things as well. Just did not work out.

A High Cost Community

When I went to tour the community we found they charged too much for everything. They said they would do a therapy in the room. They did not have an area to do the therapy like the other communities we saw.

The Tour I Had Here

We liked the community when we went to see it. It was a nice looking place and it appeared clean. The tour was nice and it was fine.

Best Care in Annapolis !!

I am overly satisfied with the services this community has provided for my loved one. They staff is outstanding, always happy, and attentive. The facility is always very clean and has a classy look to it. I would highly recommend this place to anyone in need with extra care for there loved one.

There have been good things and bad things.

There have been good things and bad things. There were some issues with the call buttons, the communications system, I think they have fixed that now. The best thing about them is their care staff. I think they are real high quality, caring, and kind. I have been real pleased with the way they respond to questions and complaints. My loved one hasn't really participated in the activities, so while they have them, I can't really comment on them. Billing has been smooth, no problems there. They were one of the more expensive places we saw.

Very nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another Sunrise community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one. All the Sunrise properties we saw were very nice looking places!

Looked like a nice place!

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, and the staff seemed friendly and professional. It was definitely our second choice, if things did not work out with the community we selected. Definitely worth a look!

Pleasant place, friendly staff

Things have gone well with Sunrise of Annapolis so far, I'd give them high marks across the board. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff have all been friendly and caring. Overall it's a very pleasant place, and somewhere I would recommend to others!

Review of Sunrise of Annapolis Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Annapolis, MD

I really liked the openness and active lifestyle all of the people I saw there were engaged in. Also loved the bright well lit hallways and the friendly staff. Loved the idea of pets being able to visit and the resident dog and cat

Sunrise is a great place for senior living

My grandmother has lived in her home independently for over 60 years. We moved her into Sunrise and the adjustment was a huge change for her. However, the staff and other residents have exceeded my expectations in making her feel welcomed and "one of the family". There are a ton of daily activities, the food is good, and yet she still has her independence.
The staff has been awesome at allowing her to still have her own independence when it comes to activities, and daily tasks. That was one thing I value is how they allow her to maintain a somewhat independant lifestyle while still having 24 hour care. It's not a hospital or "prison" as my grandmother was referring to assisted living before we chose Sunrise.
Sunrise staff are always friendly and take that extra step however they can to help you. I'm really happy we chose them for my grandmothers new home, but more importantly, she's happy we chose them as her new home.

A Good Decision and a Great Place

Although this was a difficult decision, it has been the best decision for my mother's well being, both physically and emotionally. She now has regular companionship and has made friends. She is enjoying more activities with time, but the best has been the opportunity to participate in weekly church services, right down the hall from her room.

If you are undecided, take the time to visit. It is a warm and caring place.

Good location and Secure co...

Good location and Secure community. I like the varied options and knowing my Mother will be safe there. Still looking since this is privat pay want to be sure we are ready for the costs.

It was ok. The price was in our budget.

It was ok. The price was in our budget.

Excellemt facility, clean and neat la...

Excellemt facility, clean and neat large rooms

great reputation.

great reputation.

Both of us have visited. So far this...

Both of us have visited. So far this is her favorite. Says it just feels like home when you enter the front door. She liked the fire in the fireplace and the fact that a group of women, playing cards, told her to move in so she could join them. Likes the idea that she can continue to handle her own medications, which allows her to maintain independence.

Visited 2/9. Really liked the place a...

Visited 2/9. Really liked the place and people. Will consider but expensive and no medicaid accepted. Problem for me. Not many middle age folks.