Atria Manresa - Annapolis, MD

Settling in nicely

Mom seems to be happy and settling in nicely at Atria Manresa. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. The staff is very friendly and take good care of my mom's care needs. They have a curfew of when the residents must be back to the community so that they make sure all the residents are accounted for. Mom really likes the meals that they prepare. She participates in all of the activities the staff encourages the residents to engage in. Mom definitely has a lot to keep her busy, she really enjoys the physical therapy and all of this activity gives her a lot to talk about. I think as she gets more acclimated and makes more friends she will feel like this is home for her. We chose this community for the close proximity and the view is just beautiful. I would recommend this community to others.

I love it here

Atria Manresa is a lovely place and I love being here. The staff is so great they look out for you and are very attentive and friendly. My studio apt is just right and very nice. I enjoy being a part of the many activities and field trips they offer and going to the dining area to socialize during my meals and they have a great menu to choose from. I even have transportation to my doctor appointments.
I would definty recommend Atria Manresa.

A nice view

This community seemed clean when we visited. The people we met were nice. This community does offer a gorgeous view. The community seems dated and compartmentalized. The community did not feel very open and bright.

The view and location is what appealed to me. Studio apartments are small but common areas were nice. Van transportation will be important to my mother.

This is an excellent facility with a beautiful view. However, we have decided against this facility in favor of another location that is more suitable to our particular needs and finances.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Atria Manresa.[Removed], the Community Sales Director is incredibly knowledgeable about the facility and empathetic to the challenges of placing one's loved one into a different environment. She was a calming presence by listening, offering options from respite care to becoming a resident. Also to discuss in detail the options offered through activities, outings etc. even hospice care. It goes without saying the facility itself is beautifully [removed] I give [Removed] an A+

most wonderful, hope [Removed] can qualify, clean, beautiful grounds.They have maintance personal, laundry service optional $60,various groups, at activity (supervised) Transportation to activities - shopping, movies, local events, staff attentive, they have acres on the water views amazing, Genesis Ph and exercise rooms. Dining no set time resident goes during hours, wait staff to take food order(we were there during lunch hour and they offered lobster bisque), cloth table cloth, safty bars in bathroom and pull cord, medication monitoring (reading from their brochure and discussed with Lisa personal grooming assistance, escort to meals and activities (observed) transfer assistance, diet needs and allergy to foods noted, incontinence care. Addition fees for level of care i.e personal care by hours needed and med management of no of hour/times needed. Did not ask about moving out trying to move in, but if the level of care or financial picture changes may be required to move to a facility which is equipped to meet her needs. Guess you can tell we really like the facility and have not be even touched on everything. [Removed]

I was not pleased with this community!

The staff were not able to assist my husband with his care needs. They started to resent the fact that they had to spend more time with him and then they started getting mean with me. The food was good and they tried to encourage him to participate in the activities. They keep the community clean. I would recommend this community for more independent people.

Kate Vance

Thanks for the four star review! I'm sorry we weren't able to meet your husband's needs and I hope you were able to find a comfortable community. If you would like to tell me more about your experience, you can email me at [removed].

Lovely location, facility nice, the staff the we met were plesant. Concern with things being so spread out being a problem for an elderly person with a memory problem. We got turned around when touring the location.

It came to my attention that she really isn't getting the help she should such as housekeeping. Her sheets has not been changed since she has been there and she has been there a little over 6 weeks. No one ever explained what she was entitled to before she moved there.

Katy Miller

Thanks for your review, and for bringing this to my attention. Please reach out to me at [removed]. I’d like to learn more about your experience so I look into this immediately.

Nice clean facility and very friendly staff

It is working out and our Uncle is enjoying his stay there. He has not been there very long as we just found the place, but so far the process seems to be going well. Nice, clean facility and very friendly staff.

Excellent Facility

Located in a beautiful location overlooking the Severn River. Initially had a water problem with the selected room on the first day moving into the building. Atria management recognized this problem wasn't easily or quickly repaired and permanently moved my Mom to a larger, better room for no additional cost. The facility has a lot of activities that appeal to more active seniors and my Mom very much likes the meals Overall an excellent value and and a major step above its competitors.

Nice place, overall

We've had a good experience with Atria overall! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the location is beautiful. For the most part the staff have been friendly and helpful, and I think they take good care of the people who live here.

Lack of care coordination

My elderly mother has been at Atria Manresa now since September. While the setting is beautiful, I've been frustrated by the apparent lack of coordination among caregivers. I've provided information to the caregiver on duty about my mom's needs and have found that it is not relayed to the caregiver on the next shift.

My mother had chest cold symptoms for a week, worrisome for a 90 year old. During this time, I was not contacted, and my mother continued to take her meals in the dinning room with other residents. On one of my visits, I happened to speak with one very dedicated caregiver, who told me she was concerned about my mother because she wasn't improving. She seemed to suggest that he had had some difficulty in getting her concerns across to other staff.

I should also say that we had trouble getting a doctor to see her in a timely way because of my delay in locating a local doctor following her move. Ultimately, Atria Manresa sent her to the emergency room, where she was diagnosed with pneumonia and very low blood oxygen. She was released to rehab after 4 days and spent a month in rehab receiving excellent care.

During the period prior to her hospitalization, I noticed increased confusion and asked her to be assessed, but the decision was that she didn't need increased care. When I asked how she was assessed, the nurse who had done the "assessment" told me she asked caregivers if they had gone into her room to help her during the month. Since they had not, she had decided that she didn't have any additional needs.

x

Kate Vance

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are so glad that we were able to meet with you and come to a mutual resolution to address your concerns. If we can be of further service to you and your family, please do not hesitate to reach out via [email protected], including “Atria Manresa” in your subject line so we may quickly connect. We are here to help.

My father has been a resident at Manr...

My father has been a resident at Manresa for about three months. He and i love the scenery and the friendly caregivers. I recently met the nursing director, Gwynn, who has been a God send! I have raised some concerns (minor, of course) to the Director who was completely dismissive of me. Today I was able to meet with the Nursing Director who was able to resolve my concerns in a matter of minutes. The Director should take a course on humanitarian skills from the nursing director. Kudos to all if the other staff who are compassionate and love their careers!

Does not provide adequate n...

Does not provide adequate nursing care for mom's current needs.

Kate Vance

I am so sorry to hear that your mom’s needs have exceeded the level of care we provide. We do our best to work with families while they consider their options and if we can be of further help to you and your mom, please contact us directly at [removed], including “Atria Manresa” in your subject line.

Million Dollar View

It is an older building but very well kept, it used to be a catholic retreat before Atria. The main reason we liked this place above the other is that it has an amazing view of the river. It is actually located on the waterfront. They had a 4 of July BBQ and we all went to spend it with our mom and they were cooking on the lawn which is about 50 yards from the water. We had a great view of the fireworks display. They say some views are worth a million dollars and the view you get of the river from this community is one of them. They have a lot of activities they do with their residents, they take them grocery shopping, they will take them to dinner sometimes, movies, theatre and to church. The best part of all these activities is that it is all included in the price there is no extra fee for it. They would take them to their doctor appointments in town if they have to. Josh and the entire staff are great. They are very friendly and really helpful. They also offer different levels of care as well. We like Atria very much and would recommend it to anyone.

Beautiful facility. It was clean and...

Beautiful facility. It was clean and neat but there were residents wandering around confused.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you found our community to be pleasant and I would like to address your concern about the residents you met while visiting us. Although those who live here are generally active and engaged, there are some who exhibit symptoms of mild dementia at times. We train our care managers on how to interact with them and redirect when necessary. We certainly encourage the independence of all our residents while making sure they receive the assistance they need. We hope you will consider visiting us again soon. We are happy to introduce you to our most active residents, and perhaps you can join us for one of our events. If we can be of any assistance to you at any time, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

24 hour LPN & CNA (trained wellness s...

24 hour LPN & CNA (trained wellness staff); beautiful facilities.

very nice

very nice

Beautiful setting, delightful people....

Beautiful setting, delightful people. Have not taken mother to visit. She seems uninterested due to her feelings after visiting a friend a number of years ago. Thinks the rooms are too small.

Atria Manresa is a friendly, welcoming community where you’ll take advantage of a diverse social calendar that builds new interests and maintains old ones. Visit with family and friends in one of the many luxurious rooms of this restored mansion. Or, take a stroll along the banks of the Severn River. Atria Manresa is conveniently located close to Highway 50, the Bay Bridge and the Eastern Shore.