Sunrise of Severna Park - Severna Park, MD

Absolutely lovely. Can transition from assisted to hospice if necessary. Pets welcome! Like a nice hotel...

Tour care for mom

We like this community for the nice environment for care. The staff was helpful. The menu and the actions ware offered.We wanted a bigger community and my mom needed additional care. Families might want to consider that community for the care of a family member.

Take a look

This home was spotless when I toured it. The caregivers were friendly and helpful. The owner of this care home used to be a nurse and she owns several homes. This care home has more female residents and this would not work for us. I would recommend taking a look at this care home.

My tour

This looked like a clean community when I visited. Everyone I met was very friendly and helpful. This community did seem a little confusing when we toured it. They do offer some nice grounds and they seem to offer a lot of activities.

Sunrise Senior Living

Lovely place. Could be top of the list except for location too far from family. Loved the range of care, staff, amenities and everything else.

Staff was very nice and answered all of my questions. The location is good. Facility is clean and comfortable. The grounds are well maintained.

This is an excellent facility in a very convenient location with nice amenities. We have not made a final decision because we still have to sell properties in two other states.

To much money!

This community was very nice and it was really similar to the other Sunrise we went to. The staff was helpful and they answered all of our questions. The only thing that got us was that they were more expensive than the other Sunrise.

Great Choice for Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living is a wonderful assisted living facility. They provide wonderful care for their residents. The facility is very clean and organized and provides residents with all day activities to enjoy. The quality of food and variety of choices is excellent. I rest easy knowing that my brother is in a healthy and safe environment. They also have a wonderful live in golden retriever named Buddy. He greets everyone and is sweet, gentle, and loves people. The residents light up when they are around him.

Close and Convenient

My mother-in-law seems to adjusting and moving along well at this community. The meals are good but it is not always the best. The community is close to us and we have taken her out and spend time with her there. The staff are friendly and helpful. They have activities for the everyone. She seems to be fine with the room she has.

Well trained care takers

The Rem unit staff understands geriatric and memory challenges of the residents. The layout is well thought out so that the residents have a sense of community and do not feel alone. There is more staff than other homes that my mother has lived in and the staff is always with them or near by. My mother has adjusted to the facility well and is content. There are plenty of activities which are so crucial to memory loss individuals. Needed medical services are provided and I don't have to worry about her care every day. I highly recommend Sunrise.

Memory care unit is awful

Just got my grandma out of here. Bad experience. She was not clean, she was left sitting on a couch for 14 or 15 hrs a day. It was awful. It looks pretty and clean but all good things stop there.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Bad management

My grandmother was in the memory care unit. It looks nice but that's it. She was not clean, I found her slumped on a couch multiple times. The nurse is nasty. The staff is over-worked but seem to mean well. I think this facility could be nice but has very bad, disconnected management, at all levels. I got no resolution form any management person. They take a lot of notes but don't communicate with the staff and don't follow-up. I also noticed several fractures happening to residents while my grandmother was there, VERY concerning. I would NOT recommend this facility .

HELL ON EARTH !

If your parent needs dementia or Alzheimers care, RUN don't walk out of this facility. It is classic smoke and mirrors. The staff are decent , hardworking people. The management is a different story. [Removed], the head nurse claims to have thick skin, it's more like a stone cold heart. The director of the memory care is an event planner, nothing more. I thought the director of the facility , [Removed] was an honest , caring person. She proved herself otherwise. Her wanna be back-up, [Removed] is a salesperson, plain and simple. Now for the unit, expect to spend many, many nights in the ER as the nurses do not like to be bothered after 5 pm. 2 showers a week is the standard for you loved one, so plan on multiple UTI's, which lead to more confusion and weakness. And if you parent should happen to become comatose on the couch and they all just walk around and avoid them ,that's a learning opportunity, oh boy!

Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise of Severna Park is TOPS!

My mom has been a resident @ Sunrise of Severna Park for 4 weeks now. She has received excellent care! She loves the food and really enjoys the activities. All of the staff I have encountered on my visits have been most helpful and kind to us. I was able to join my mom for dinner in the dining room and also played along at Bingo. All the residents received a small prize, which I think was wonderful! She told me she has danced with the Naval Academy Midshipmen, a special treat since she has always loved to dance!
I shopped for a new home for mom for over 1 year, making many visits to multiple AL communities. Sunrise is equal to or superior to all of the others in every aspect!!!

The property is fabulous...sprawling and grand! It reminded me of a Tudor mansion. I loved the fact that one could age in place from independent living through to Reminiscence (Dementia Care). Shannon and the other staff were very kind and personable and offered a plethora of options for funding, etc. The facility appeared to be clean and tidy. The residents (especially the group of ladies playing cards) seemed happy and engaged. By all counts, this facility seemed top-notch! However I don't think it would be a good fit for my parents due to the size of the property and their particular needs.

Nice looking place, very pricey

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Sunrise of Severna Park was absolutely gorgeous, and the people seemed friendly. However, it was also very expensive, and not in the price range we were looking in at the time.

awesome

The day that my mother moved in to Sunrise of Severna Park was awesome. They had another tenet there to greet her by name. They sat there and talk and she told my mom everything about the place and really welcomed her in. They have really made it a smooth transition and helped my mother to feel right at home. I have no complaints.

The rooms are well-cared for, clean, with all new kitchen appliances (for those who will cook). There is full meal service, so those appliances may not get used much. Everyone is very friendly and the support staff very helpful with a variety of odd questions ("is there a consignment shop close by?") It is convenient to Annapolis for major purchases, but Severna Park has stores close by for every-day needs. There is a church, library, and fitness center within a block for soul, mind, and strength and lots of activities in the center for social interaction.

2 Months of Poor Care

My mother experienced approximately 2 months of very poor care at this facility. She lost weight, was required to sit at assigned seating where no one showed up and she was dining alone. How terribly depressing for my mother. Resident associates walked in early and told her she had 8 minutes to get dressed and be down at breakfast to socialize with herself? The director tries to intimidate the family and sales does sales only. Do not go back to them with any issues. At night, the med techs and resident associates are supposed to help the residents, but they are upstairs locked in the nursing office on the computer or gathered together chatting away while the residents are on their own. My mother spent twenty minutes waiting after she pushed her button to request help. She fell and had no way to get to a call button and crawled on the floor for over 30 minutes waiting for someone to come. This is not care. This could be wonderful facility, but management needs to change. Perhaps they need to come after hours to see what the employees are doing instead of asking the family for names of the employees who are not doing their job!

Berry was very nice and ver...

Berry was very nice and very informative. There was a lot going on in the assisted living areas, and some activity going on in the memory care as well, a little pricier than the others.

Berry is a very nice person...

Berry is a very nice person and the facility is awesome. But it was too large for my moms needs. I would recommend this facility for anyone looking for a larger facility. It was great

possible admit, will be revisiting ne...

possible admit, will be revisiting next week. brought dad to lunch but he was not responsive to a move. will keep on list.

Sounds interesting.

Sounds interesting.

Excellent facility. Very active group...

Excellent facility. Very active group in the dementia unit all seemed happy. Very personable staff. Subsidy is huge in helping with costs if accepted. No medicaide waiver though. My favorite so far.

Mom wanted to enroll herself immediat...

Mom wanted to enroll herself immediately!

Very Nice, friendly, really promote a...

Very Nice, friendly, really promote animals. Staff was super nice. Had alot of amenities.Pricey

In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace of mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized services. From assistance with activities of daily living (i.e.bathing, dressing) to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the help they need. Residents can maintain the same privacy and independence at Sunrise, as they enjoyed in their own homes. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to challenge themselves, while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings and to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity and is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.