Kingsdale Chateau - Kingston, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Rough Adjustment, But Everything Is Working Out Well Now

It was a tough transition for my mother in law, and her move to this community. However after being here for a while, she is doing good now. We do feel comfortable with her move to this community. She is safe, and in good hands. They have a lovely staff, and they have been helpful when needed. The community, and her room are nice, and clean when we visit. We have not heard any complaints about the meals. She just gets upset because she can't eat everything like the other residents due to her diet restrictions. There are plenty of activities offered for the residents. The experience is going well for us in this facility, and it is one would we recommend to our friends.

Everything is good

The wait staff, housekeeping and management are all great. They are always there to help in anyway they can. The food is good and they offer healthy choices. They keep the community very clean. They offer daily social activities. I would recommend this community.

Wonderful

I am very pleased with what I saw when I visited my friend at this community. The staff were greeting her by name. There is an ambassador that has made her feel comfortable and came to get her for lunch. She likes that her Pharmacist is around the corner. The community is very clean and the grounds are beautiful. The residents all had smiles on their faces and I would recommend this community.

Not so great

Sorry to say that the Kingsdale Chateau has really gone downhill over the past year. My parents have lived there for over three years but are now thinking of moving out. Housekeeping standards are poor - their bathroom is not thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis, very little vacuuming done in their apartment. The cooking staff seems to be changing all the time. I went for a sunday dinner, which was supposed to be a roast beef dinner. I was shocked to receive a plate of mashed potatoes, two pieces of carrots and chipped beef with gravy - not a slice of beef and definitely not "roast beef." The meat was chopped up and covered in a tasteless gravy. It looked like the food I feed my cat. This organization needs to pay more attention to the dining room and housekeeping standards instead of changing the furniture and pictures. Think twice before signing your contract to live here.

Our experience looking for a Senior's Residence

We were pleased to find a nice apartment at Kingsdale and found the staff very caring and helpful. It will be great to downsize and move into something which suits our age group and will be easier to take care of rather than our house. We are looking forward to getting moved in since our house is up for sale at the moment. Looking forward to all the activities and side trips as well.
Our family are pleased that their parents will be well looked after too. Looking forward to it very soon.

Parents doing Alright

Everything is working out pretty since my parents move to this community. They are doing pretty well depending on the day. I'am comfortable with their move to this community. It is a nice, safe community. Overall everything is working out pretty well, and I would recommend this community.

New Home for Mom

Coming to the Kingsdale has been such a positive experience for our mother. The staff at Kingsdale are so friendly and helpful and assisted us in making the move for mom as stress free as possible. Mom's room is beautiful, clean and bright. I have not seen my mom this happy in a long time. She is now making new friends, and now experiencing all the amenities available to her. She is having such fun. Her life now has a purpose. Dining at the Kingsdale is like being at a five star restaurant. The food is great with such a variety of choices and the staff are very friendly and patient when waiting on tables in the dining area. My sisters and I are so happy in knowing that we made the correct decision in choosing the Kingsdale as mom's new home.

My mother and I met with Nicky Craig today who took us on a tour of their facility. Nicky was very informative and provided us with all the information for the Kingsdale Chateau. Mom absolutely loved it. If provided almost all of mom's needs. I think seeing the garden in the backyard was the deciding factor as mom was an avid gardener. We always had a garden when growing up. Thank you Nicky. We will certainly be in touch soon.

It's very clean. They are pretty friendly.

It's very clean. They are pretty friendly. I think communication could be improved between the staff and the office. There has been a little bit of a lack of outings in the last few weeks. They can't seem to keep a chef there, and the dining hasn't been consistent. Meals sometimes come late. I think we she is getting her money's worth. My mom is the one who picked this, she liked the location, and the shuttle buses.

We had a very enjoyable stay. It wasn't like they were trying to sell us a package, we were treated the same as everyone else. It would be a very good choice for us to move there.

Set on 10 acres in the beautiful Cataraqui Regional Conservation Area, Kingsdale Chateau began serving Kingston families in 1999 – and we continue to offer a simplified, stress-free lifestyle that allows seniors more time to do what they love. With an enchanting, creek-side setting, you’ll enjoy the serenity of rural living, with a convenient location only minutes from shopping, dining and cultural centres. Visit the many parks that surround our community, or take a short trip to Thousand Island for a sunset cruise on Lake Ontario. Just do what makes you happy – we’ll do the rest.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.