Visited community. Longevity of management is great. Friendly and residents were friendly. The general atmosphere is upbeat. You get a good feel just from walking in and seeing the interaction of the residents with the staff, all staff. It is clean and inviting. Dining rooms located near rooms, easy walking distance for residents. Residents seemed to be enjoying their meal. Menus look good. Breakfast is provided for residents in room. Very large community/activies room. Enough room for all residents to participate if they like. Many many activity options, more than any place visited from trips locally to exercise, crafts. Rooms are somewhat smaller that would like Bathrooms are large. They have some walkout showers with not step up. Would like to see more options in rooms there. Dr and podiatry visits on site and a few days a week will transport to drs, dentists visits using their van. Laundry service is outstanding. They actually hand clothes and take them to room. Believe me others dont take that type of care. We were impressed form the minute we walked in. Receptionist very close to entrance. Dont let the street view fool you. They have a lot of outdoor and indoor space. It is more of a home feel inside. One of our final picks for my mom.

Very Nice place. Very nice staff. Room that we looked at was very roomy.

Going Very Good

The family is happy and we are pretty happy with them. My wife is happy with the community and the community is all good for us.

Comfortably Independent

We are quite pleased with mom's move into Autumn House East. The food is much better than she expected. She said she is getting full balanced meals so she doesn't have to snack anymore. She must cancel meals if she is not going eat there, but then if her plans fall through she has to replace her canceled meal. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. The decor is traditionally tasteful. The staff is very accommodating to my mom's needs. She was able to have her dog stay with her. There are nice grassy and shady areas to walk around for exercise. They provide a nice list of activities trips to buffets, dinner theatres, and other excursions. One of the things that used to be difficult for my mom was shopping trips, now she goes far less often and it is easier for her to maneuver her shopping cart in and out of her apartment. She really appreciated the elevator and how conveniently located everything is. We would recommend this community to others.

Dad's care

The care at this community is really good. The staff is caring and friendly. The community is clean and maintained. The meals are very good with a nice variety. We do like that they have a lot of activates. We would recommend this community to other families for the care of a loved one.

Made the right decision

My mother has been living at Autumn House East for over a month now and she really is enjoying herself. Staff is very caring and helpful. It was a big change for her since she had her own apartment but was not able to be alone any longer. We have no complaints so far and glad we chose Autumn House.

DISAPPOINTED

I was surprise to see that my relative did not receive the
care that was agreed upon when they moved into Autumn
House. I think some of the problem is because they are
short staffed. The alarm pendant that was given at move
in was rarely responded to. Some time it was hours before anybody responded.
The nurses and aides could not or would not answer
simple questions when ask.
The Therapy is very good, which I understand is not from
in house.
If I would have known these things before hand, I may have
chosen a difference facility.

Autumn House East in York, PA is the perfect place to transition.

[Removed] from A Place for Mom was wonderful in directing me to Autumn House East.

My friend has been there since May 2, 2017 and is settling in nicely. I took her for a ride on Mother's Day but she was ready to return to AHE after 2 1/2 hours. Everyone there has been so helpful, caring and making her feel at home.

I could have never found a place so quickly and perfect for my friend. I can see her health improving daily with the care she is receiving at AHE.

[Removed] was great! The tour was wonderful. The staff all greeted me while I waited to go on the tour. Facility was clean and residents seemed happy.

Lack of communication!

The Autumn House East staff do not communicate with the family when needed in cases such as a fall or any bumps or bruises. When we visit no one seems to go in and check on her. They do offer many activities. My mom has no complaints about the food and eats well.

A Friendly Community

My brother has been doing very well since he moved into Autumn House. His health has improved so much that he is now able to return home. The community looks very clean and well-kept. The staff is great and helpful to my brother and anything he needs. He isn't a fan of the food because they made some changes to their meals. They do offer good activities like bingo and sing a longs. This is a very friendly community and we were very pleased with everything they did for my brother. I would highly recommend this community.

My Dad is at Autumn Care East , Everyone there is so friendly nice and helpful. It helps me so much to know that my Dad is being well taken care of when I cant be there. I had choose Autumn House for my Dad and then before being moved I was told he would have to go on Hospice I was so upset to think he wouldn't beable to go they still took My Dad help me get all the Hospice set up all of the Staff there are just a GREAT GROUP of people. I would recommend if you need a Great Place for a family member Autumn House is that place.