Juniper Village at Louisville - Louisville, CO

Review of Juniper Village

Caregivers, Nurses, Directors, are all amazing. They show my mom such caring love.
Mom fell and broke her hip. I was in Calif at the time and couldnt get home till the next day. The nurse [name removed] called me right away and the director [name removed] stayed with my mom until 11:30pm. Her caregivers have visited mt mom in the hospital several times.

Juniper Communities

Thank you, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. We're so thankful that were have been able to make things a little easier for you, and truly enjoy caring for your mother. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Review of Juniper Village

My mother has been very well cared for by the wonderful staff at Juniper Village. She is far happier than we thought she would be in a memory care facility.

Juniper Communities

We are so pleased to hear of the positive difference we have made in your mother's life. Thank you for sharing your kind comments and recommending us to others. That means the world to us. Enjoy your day!

Review of Juniper Village

My husband has been at Juniper village since late [dates removed]. The care he has been given is top notch with very well trained care givers! The food service is excellent. Medical staff members are well trained+easy to communicate with when my husband needed to be transported to the ER the family was kept in the lopp, housekeeping is superb! Wonderful+upbeat music providers!

Juniper Communities

Hello and thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team. Your recommendation means the world to us. Thanks again, enjoy your day!

Very pricey

During our time to first tour the facility, we had the unfortunate timing because the alarm was going off because of some electrical issues. We liked the fact that it was a one level facility but the main turn off was the price. Had it not been for that, we may have considered moving forward and having my loved one here. The facility itself seemed pretty contained, however my loved one tends to wander and she may have found herself outdoors without anyone being aware of that. So we went ahead and gone somewhere that was a bit more secured. Overall the community itself was still very nice.

Juniper Communities

Hi, thank you so much for your high rating! It sounds like you had an usual visit with us. We feel that you may have not gotten an accurate representation of what we offer. The community is secure, as is the enclosed courtyard. So we do encourage residents to be out of doors if that is important to them. The community is purpose-built for those with memory impairment as evidenced by the small house design with the central town allowing residents the ability to walk around the community while remaining in a secure environment. If you'd like to learn more, please visit with Karan McGrath, our Executive Director again. She'd be happy to explain more about our culture and community in a less "alarming" environment.

Review of Juniper Village at Louisville - Louisville, CO

Great place. Very receptive to needs she is clean and happy here. Never a problem with communicating with help. Food is very good and they have excellent holiday fun. Lots of activities.

Juniper Communities

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Juniper Village at Louisville! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Besides having Alzheimer’s, our father has been a very difficult and challenging man. We were concerned that he would not work out in a care facility. The staff at Juniper Village have been truly amazing! They have successfully worked through several challenging situations with our father. They have genuine affection and caring for their residents and we see the affection goes both ways. Our father is finally adjusted and content at Juniper Village and we are so grateful.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Juniper Village at Louisville! We are thrilled to have made such a difference in your father's life and your family's lives as well. We provide extensive dementia care training to all our staff are so very proud of our fabulous team and their compassionate care giving. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Great facility layout for optimal engagement between staff and residents. Great staff – very caring, compassionate, helpful and knowledgeable; always present and helpful. Residents allowed to live their lives as independently as possible while in a safe, healthy and caring environment. If it were me, I would want to live at Juniper Village at Louisville, Co.

Juniper Communities

Hello, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

We find the staff to be loving and kind to our father. He is always treated with respect and in a professional manner. The activities are engaging and keep him stimulated. He is encouraged to help others and feel useful we always know that he is in a safe environment.

Juniper Communities

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Juniper Village at Louisville! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Mom's Care

his is a very nice community. The staff is friendly and very helpful. My mom is happy with the variety of food that is offered. Activities are offer for her to stay active with others. I would recommend this for care for a loved one.

Juniper Communities

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, We always love to receive great feedback.

Interesting village concept for residents so they don't feel locked in. Well-being of residents is first. 1-6 caregiver to resident ratio. Can age in place - should not have to leave facility to move to anywhere else.

Juniper Communities

Juniper Village At Louisville - Louisville, Co Visitor, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We always love to receive great feedback.

I like Juniper Village

Good folks. Really caring caregivers. Well prepared food. Responsive staff. Socially stimulating environment.

Juniper Communities

Thanks Cliff Martin, for leaving us this response. We always love to receive great feedback.

Not recommended for patients with high cognitive capabilities.

We have selected a two star rating for Juniper Village (Louisville, Colorado) Our experience was disappointing and saddening.The management demonstrated poor judgment, lack of empathy, and poor communication .Our experience's with the nurses and CNA's varied to both extremes. Some of the floor-staff were truly exceptional. Many employee's demonstrated skill, compassion, and a sense of awareness. The management is ill-equipped for the job and depends entirely on their staff.

We are entirely committed to the well-being of our ailing family member. We strive for the best quality of life during this decline. Juniper Village is a place to perish, not to thrive. We have relocated and our loved one will be provided the high quality and deserved end-of-life experience.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for voicing your concerns. It is unfortunate that you have relocated your family member, but if additional end of life care was required due to increased medical needs, we understand and are happy to provide any assistance with a necessary transition to a higher level of care. Our goal is provide high quality, compassionate care through all stages of life while they are in our community and when they transition to hospice, skilled nursing or other levels of care.

Your review does point out the positive experiences that you had, as well as negative experiences. We would very much like to further understand and resolve your specific concerns. Juniper Village always maintains an open door policy and as such we invite you to discuss your concerns, in detail, with our executive director or the regional director of operations. We take great pride in the training of our associates, their consistent care of the residents and support for the families. Our state surveys reflect the quality of our care, as do the employee and customer satisfaction surveys in which 88% of our customers have rated us as "Excellent" or "Good". We have an annualized staff turnover rate of 20.4% and are happy to have such low staff turnover, with many long term employees. According to a study by the American Health Care Association, annual turnover rates among the long term care industry are approximately 70 percent. We have collected data related to the outcomes of our care and are happy to have rates of re-hospitalizations much lower than the national average. This is a result of our exemplary care and service that is individualized to each resident's specific needs and abilities; our nationally recognized dementia specific staff training; our use of electronic health records to coordinate care and provide health tracking mechanisms; our full implementation of INTERACT (Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers); and our intense focus on resident and care giver education and engagement. We stand by our long-standing reputation in the community and eagerly look forward to making improvements as necessary.

They have done well with letting me know when I need to on what's going on. Being responsive with questions we may have or any information we may need from them or they need from us. It seems to me that I've sometimes had to give the same information to separate offices and it felt like they weren't all disseminating it. Other than that it seems to be going extremely well now. It took a little while to adjust, but right now my mother seems to be in excellent condition.

Juniper Communities

We are so happy that you mother has adjusted. Transition is always hard, especially when dealing with dementia. We are thankful that we have had the opportunity to help you all through this difficult time and appreciate your patience as well. Thank you for placing your faith in us in caring for your mother. We are grateful for your recommendation.

Seemed like a very nice place

Unfortunately my loved one was only here a short time, but I feel like overall Juniper Village gave us a good experience while she was there. It was a nice looking community, and the staff all seemed very friendly. They're worth a look if you are searching for senior care for a loved one.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your positive experience at Juniper Village at Louisville. It is our pleasure to care for our residents and we love to hear that others notice that as well. We truly appreciate your recommendation to others who may be searching for senior care.

The Best In Memory Care is at Juniper Village at Louisville

Juniper Village at Louisville is a comptetent, caring, and stimulating environment for memory care residents. After a terrible year at Sunrise of Boulder, which was traumatic for both my mother and my family, this has been a breath of fresh air. They are on top of all aspects of her care, have reduced the medication that she was receiving (which has improved her cognition) are and always positive about her. My previous experience with memory care at Sunrise, where I was treated as if they were doing me a favor for caring for my mother (at great expense) was so different than this. At Juniper Village they treat families and residents with repect, and let you know that they are honored to take care of your loved one. I cannot recommend this facility highly enough.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for submitting such helpful feedback. It is unfortunate when our elders and their families have a negative experience in senior living. We are thankful that Juniper Village at Louisville was able to turn your experience with memory care into a positive one. We are so proud of the team at Juniper Village, they are extremely dedicated, well-trained, compassionate and energetic. It is our honor to care for your mother and provide support for your entire family. If you care to, please recommend us to anyone who is in need of memory care. We appreciate your positive remarks.

Positive on Costs, staff and facility so far...

It has only been two months that my dad has been here, but the staff has been incredible to work with. Sometime the communications is delayed, but overall the experience has been great (given the circumstances). My dad seems to be adjusting well and has even said he wants to work there. This is a huge change considering the resistance to being palced in a memory care facility. He tells me that he is very happy in the facility.

So far we are pleased with the cost and we have not been nickled and dimed to death. I give the facility and staff a solid A so far.

Juniper Communities

We appreciate your assessment of Juniper Village at Louisville. Your comments about the exceptional staff are well-received. We heartily agree! Transitions to a new living situation can be stressful, we are happy that the well-trained staff has been able to help lift the burden and provide support where needed. Please feel free to recommend us to others who may need memory care.

Great Community

We have been totally pleased with Juniper Village. Everything they offer has met our expectations. They are just a wonderful community and we would recommend Juniper Village to anyone.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for your recommendation. We truly appreciate it.

Juniper Village at Louisville is a wonderful caring community designed specifically for elders with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. We are a secure, memory care building that provides a safe environment for wandering at will. The residence includes four separate houses that open onto a town square community area. This allows each resident the freedom to move from private personal space to family space to activity space. A wonderful feature is that we are built on over two and one/half acres allowing for ample walking paths and gardens. We also provide a range of care services across all activities of daily life including bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, and others.

A very special aspect of our community is the incredible level of quality care we provide. This is supported by our recent perfect state health department survey. We were found to be entirely deficiency free is all areas reviewed.