We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
About Harbison Shores - Irmo, SC
Carolina Gardens at Harbison is a charming assisted living community nestled among the pine trees in Irmo, SC. While it's tempting to stay home and enjoy the amenities that Carolina Gardens at Harbison offers, there's plenty to do in Irmo and the surrounding area.
Irmo was founded in 1890 as a result of the emerging railroad line. The name Irmo is a combination of two influential townsfolk, Captain C.J. Iredell and Henry Moseley. Irmo, SC is located just off the shores of Lake Murray and only 10 miles from South Carolina's capital of Columbia. Find out why Irmo is one of the most sought-after places to live.
- Walkability Score: 36 out of 100. Residents will be dependent on cars or other transportation.
- Transportation: There is no public bus service route in Irmo, but there are several private and non-profit transportation services that cater to seniors. A few options include Harbison Area Wheels Transit, Senior Express Transportation Services and Irmo Chapin Recreation Commission. There are also ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft available.
- Average Weather: The average temperature in Irmo is 64 degrees Fahrenheit. Irmo has an average maximum of 87 degrees Fahrenheit and minimum of 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Average Age in Zip Code 29063: 37 years old
- Number of Senior Housing Facilities: There are 25 senior living communities in Irmo, SC
- Senior Center: Irmo Chapin Recreation Commission is a community organization dedicated to meeting the needs of seniors. In addition to the support services offered to seniors and their families, they have a 50& Better Program that offers a slew of social activities.
- Veteran's Facilities: The Columbia Vet Center is a 15-minute drive. It offers counseling services and support groups for local area veterans.
Shopping and Entertainment
Carolina Gardens at Harbison residents can enjoy a multitude of dining and entertainment options in the area.
- Clothing Stores: Right in town is the Irmo Station Shopping Center, and nearby shopping mall Columbiana Centre is only 2.5 miles away and has over 100 shopping and dining options.
- Grocery Stores: Large supermarket chain Kroger is a mile away and offers deli and bakery departments.
- Restaurants: Seniors can enjoy all their favorite chain and fast food restaurants, including Pizza Hut, Smashburger, Taco Bell, KFC and Arby's just to name a few. For those who want to splurge, nearby Bistro on the Boulevard offers Southern-inspired cuisine, and Sun Ming serves Chinese-American food under chandeliers.
- Hair Salons: Gore Salon was rated one of the top hair salons in the Columbia, SC area and is just 3 miles north of Carolina Gardens at Harbison.
- Movie Theaters: There are three movie theaters in a 4-mile radius. AMC Classic Harbison 14, Regal Cinemas Columbiana Grande and Spotlight Cinemas St. Andrews all offer the latest Hollywood hits.
- Bowling: Join a bowling league at nearby Anchor Lanes, just a three minute walk away.
- Libraries: Irmo Branch Library, part of the Lexington County Library System, offers fun activities for the entire community.
- Education: Continue learning at the Midlands Technical College Harbison campus with their Personal Enrichment program where residents can take non-degree courses in 16 subject areas ranging from art to woodworking.
The Great Outdoors
For residents who enjoy keeping active, there are a number of beautiful public parks to visit in the nearby vicinity.
- Irmo Town Park: The lovely, wheelchair-accessible Irmo Town Park is just .4 miles from Carolina Gardens at Harbison. Open from 7 am to 10 pm, residents can stroll among the heritage white oak trees or stop for a picnic lunch under the gazebo.
- Lake Murray Reservoir: Slightly further afield is Lake Murray reservoir where residents can partake in recreational fishing or boating activities along the 500 miles of shoreline.
- Harbison State Forest: Historic Harbison State Forest has over 2,000 acres of forest land ready for exploring.
- Golf: Golden Hills Golf & Country Club is a 20-minute drive away. Once a Southern plantation, this championship course has been voted one of the Top 5 Courses in South Carolina's Midlands.
- Tennis: Quail Valley Swim & Racquet Club is a private membership club that offers discount rates for seniors. Enjoy an Olympic sized swimming pool and tennis lessons from the resident tennis pro. Only five minutes away!
Health and Safety
Prospective Carolina Gardens at Harbison residents can rest assured that Irmo, SC offers health and safety provisions for the community.
- Hospital: Palmetto Health Baptist Parkridge is the nearest hospital and recognized as one of the top hospitals in the state for heart health.
- Pharmacy: CVS is conveniently located .3 miles away, perfect for stocking up on the essentials. There's also a Walgreens a mile away.
- Police: The Irmo Police Department is .4 miles from Carolina Gardens at Harbison. Irmo residents have a 1 in 177 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime.
- Fire Station: There are 4 fire stations in the area, Columbia Fire Dept. Station 16 is under two miles away and the Irmo HQ is 4 miles away.
For devout residents, there are many places to worship in Irmo, SC and nearby Columbia, SC.
Christian Religious Institutions in Irmo, SC:
- Baptist: There are 7 Baptist churches in Irmo, SC. First Baptist Church is a 5-minute drive from Carolina Gardens at Harbison.
- Catholic: Our Lady of the Hills Catholic Church
- Episcopal: The Episcopal Church of St. Simon & St. Jude
- Lutheran: Hope Lutheran Church
- Methodist: Union United Methodist Church
- Non-Denominational Christian: There are 7 non-denominational Christian churches in Irmo, SC. Fellowship Bible Church is an 8-minute drive.
- Presbyterian: There are two Presbyterian churches, Faith Presbyterian Church and Lake Murray Presbyterian Church
Non-Christian Religious Institutions in Columbia, SC:
- Buddhist Priory: Columbia Zen Buddhist Priory is a 10-minute drive.
- Hindu Temple: Hindu Temple & Cultural Center is an 8-minute drive.
- Islam Mosque: Islamic Center of Columbia is a 17-minute drive.
- Jewish Synagogue: Beth Shalom Synagogue in Columbia, SC is a 23-minute drive.
- Quaker Meeting House: Columbia Quaker Meeting House is a 19-minute drive.