|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ #,### - #,###
Get Pricing >
$ #,### - #,###
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
Just Not The Community For Dad
Since the search was for dad I let him have a lot of the input as to where he wanted to go. This community was nice we liked it a lot. The community appeared clean and well maintained. The staff was very nice and friendly very professional. The community just didn't give us the feeling that others had given us.
A perfect fit
The staff have been helpful and they encourage dad to participate in some of the daily activities. The food is good and they offer healthy options. The residents have been very welcoming. The community is nice inside and out. I would recommend this community.
Tour Went Well
My tour of this community went well. The community was in the process of being remolded. From what I saw the community could use some updating. The staff I met was friendly, and answered all my questions. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. I did find another community that suited our need better.
My Mother really likes it there. She loves the staff.
Was this review helpful?
Food A Little Dry, But This Is A Lovely Community
I have recently fall and broke my leg, but once I get better I will be returning to Caroline Gardens. This is a lovely community, I do enjoy living here. The staff is very kind and helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness, the grounds and community is well maintained. There are activities for me when I get back. The food could use some improvements, it is a little dry. Overall everything is well and I would recommend it.
Was this review helpful?
New Management and Owners....check out this place
The new Carolina Gardens team is wonderful. I love this place now that Agape is gone. New management and ownership is great and a totally new family atmosphere.
Was this review helpful?
I have not personally been to this facility but have heard horror stories from family members of residents at Agape'. Please consider other options before admitting your loved one to this facility. If you do decide to choose them, be prepared to pay significantly more than what you are initially told. They have some type of "care points" system that will result in substantial fees and the bill will be a total surprise to you and/or your loved one. Also, make sure to keep an eye on what medication is being given to your relative and ask questions. Keep in mind that side effects of many different medications can be worse in the elderly; for example, a medication that causes dizziness may result in a FALL if the elderly person is not supervised properly. Also, keep in mind that they are FOR PROFIT and that their bottom line is that dollar; not the people. They are paid to show sympathy and kindness in order to SELL a product to potential residents and their families. Once they've hooked you in, they will do or say whatever is necessary to keep your loved one there and charge whatever they want without seeking prior approval. Read the terrible reviews on Medicare.gov about Agape' in W. Columbia.
Was this review helpful? 3
From the Office
Carolina Gardens at Harbison is a charming assisted living community nestled among the pine trees in Irmo, SC. While it's tempting to stay home and enjoy the amenities that Carolina Gardens at Harbison offers, there's plenty to do in Irmo and the surrounding area.
Irmo was founded in 1890 as a result of the emerging railroad line. The name Irmo is a combination of two influential townsfolk, Captain C.J. Iredell and Henry Moseley. Irmo, SC is located just off the shores of Lake Murray and only 10 miles from South Carolina's capital of Columbia. Find out why Irmo is one of the most sought-after places to live.
- Walkability Score: 36 out of 100. Residents will be dependent on cars or other transportation.
- Transportation: There is no public bus service route in Irmo, but there are several private and non-profit transportation services that cater to seniors. A few options include Harbison Area Wheels Transit, Senior Express Transportation Services and Irmo Chapin Recreation Commission. There are also ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft available.
- Average Weather: The average temperature in Irmo is 64 degrees Fahrenheit. Irmo has an average maximum of 87 degrees Fahrenheit and minimum of 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Average Age in Zip Code 29063: 37 years old
- Number of Senior Housing Facilities: There are 25 senior living communities in Irmo, SC
- Senior Center: Irmo Chapin Recreation Commission is a community organization dedicated to meeting the needs of seniors. In addition to the support services offered to seniors and their families, they have a 50& Better Program that offers a slew of social activities.
- Veteran's Facilities: The Columbia Vet Center is a 15-minute drive. It offers counseling services and support groups for local area veterans.
Shopping and Entertainment
Carolina Gardens at Harbison residents can enjoy a multitude of dining and entertainment options in the area.
- Clothing Stores: Right in town is the Irmo Station Shopping Center, and nearby shopping mall Columbiana Centre is only 2.5 miles away and has over 100 shopping and dining options.
- Grocery Stores: Large supermarket chain Kroger is a mile away and offers deli and bakery departments.
- Restaurants: Seniors can enjoy all their favorite chain and fast food restaurants, including Pizza Hut, Smashburger, Taco Bell, KFC and Arby's just to name a few. For those who want to splurge, nearby Bistro on the Boulevard offers Southern-inspired cuisine, and Sun Ming serves Chinese-American food under chandeliers.
- Hair Salons: Gore Salon was rated one of the top hair salons in the Columbia, SC area and is just 3 miles north of Carolina Gardens at Harbison.
- Movie Theaters: There are three movie theaters in a 4-mile radius. AMC Classic Harbison 14, Regal Cinemas Columbiana Grande and Spotlight Cinemas St. Andrews all offer the latest Hollywood hits.
- Bowling: Join a bowling league at nearby Anchor Lanes, just a three minute walk away.
- Libraries: Irmo Branch Library, part of the Lexington County Library System, offers fun activities for the entire community.
- Education: Continue learning at the Midlands Technical College Harbison campus with their Personal Enrichment program where residents can take non-degree courses in 16 subject areas ranging from art to woodworking.
The Great Outdoors
For residents who enjoy keeping active, there are a number of beautiful public parks to visit in the nearby vicinity.
- Irmo Town Park: The lovely, wheelchair-accessible Irmo Town Park is just .4 miles from Carolina Gardens at Harbison. Open from 7 am to 10 pm, residents can stroll among the heritage white oak trees or stop for a picnic lunch under the gazebo.
- Lake Murray Reservoir: Slightly further afield is Lake Murray reservoir where residents can partake in recreational fishing or boating activities along the 500 miles of shoreline.
- Harbison State Forest: Historic Harbison State Forest has over 2,000 acres of forest land ready for exploring.
- Golf: Golden Hills Golf & Country Club is a 20-minute drive away. Once a Southern plantation, this championship course has been voted one of the Top 5 Courses in South Carolina's Midlands.
- Tennis: Quail Valley Swim & Racquet Club is a private membership club that offers discount rates for seniors. Enjoy an Olympic sized swimming pool and tennis lessons from the resident tennis pro. Only five minutes away!
Health and Safety
Prospective Carolina Gardens at Harbison residents can rest assured that Irmo, SC offers health and safety provisions for the community.
- Hospital: Palmetto Health Baptist Parkridge is the nearest hospital and recognized as one of the top hospitals in the state for heart health.
- Pharmacy: CVS is conveniently located .3 miles away, perfect for stocking up on the essentials. There's also a Walgreens a mile away.
- Police: The Irmo Police Department is .4 miles from Carolina Gardens at Harbison. Irmo residents have a 1 in 177 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime.
- Fire Station: There are 4 fire stations in the area, Columbia Fire Dept. Station 16 is under two miles away and the Irmo HQ is 4 miles away.
For devout residents, there are many places to worship in Irmo, SC and nearby Columbia, SC.
Christian Religious Institutions in Irmo, SC:
- Baptist: There are 7 Baptist churches in Irmo, SC. First Baptist Church is a 5-minute drive from Carolina Gardens at Harbison.
- Catholic: Our Lady of the Hills Catholic Church
- Episcopal: The Episcopal Church of St. Simon & St. Jude
- Lutheran: Hope Lutheran Church
- Methodist: Union United Methodist Church
- Non-Denominational Christian: There are 7 non-denominational Christian churches in Irmo, SC. Fellowship Bible Church is an 8-minute drive.
- Presbyterian: There are two Presbyterian churches, Faith Presbyterian Church and Lake Murray Presbyterian Church
Non-Christian Religious Institutions in Columbia, SC:
- Buddhist Priory: Columbia Zen Buddhist Priory is a 10-minute drive.
- Hindu Temple: Hindu Temple & Cultural Center is an 8-minute drive.
- Islam Mosque: Islamic Center of Columbia is a 17-minute drive.
- Jewish Synagogue: Beth Shalom Synagogue in Columbia, SC is a 23-minute drive.
- Quaker Meeting House: Columbia Quaker Meeting House is a 19-minute drive.