Island View Place Care Inc. - Victoria, BC

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Nice location, looked like it could use some upgrades for the money residents pay to live there. Liked the organized meal plans and the sitting area looked nice. Was also concerned with the number of staff on site. Everything seemed to cost extra. One bath a week. Unless you pay more but more staff wasn't brought in to do so. Also I asked for references and they refused to give me one. That helped me make my final decision. I want to know where I'm sending my loved one and to have a reference shouldn't be a problem.

So glad my dad can live here

I would highly recommend Island View Place. My father was a wanderer with dementia we could not find anywhere in Victoria that could keep him. Then God provided this place and [Removed]was so welcoming and ready for the challenge. Now my dad has been living here for over 16 months and has been so well cared for by all the staff. The homemade meals , the housekeeping , the activity provider and all the nursing and care aid staff go above and beyond to provide excellent loving care.
When I voice any concerns the staff works on helping me right away. They communicate well. So thankful we have this place for my dad to live and be respected for who he is.

[Removed] was wonderful but the facility was lacking.

Hi [Removed], my husband and I were very impressed. I am going back on Monday to have lunch with my mom and her best friend. My only concern is how much interaction she will have with other residents and if she will have companionship. [Removed] is a angle and mom would be able to have a cat perhaps. I will advise once my mom has a chance to see it. [Removed]thank you for your help. [Removed]

wonderful place

The staff is very kind, helpful, and they try to foresee a person's needs. I like the calmness and friendly staff. As there are only 19 people getting care, they know the people that are in care much better than a huge place.

This small care community seems most definitely in tune with the needs of Alzheimer's patients. Bridgette, the very sweet warm German lady in charge gave me the feeling that her "gusts" are warmly cared for. The small number of guests at meal time was a definite plus. The bath facility gave me some concern however.