Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Review of Westminster House Surrey, BC

My experience with Westminster House was very positive. It is a very well-run and facility, with caring staff and top-notch care.

Review of Westminster House Surrey, BC

The people there are super nice for sure. The facility is clean and well kept. I have visited, but have not been there much, but overall it seems like a good place and my Dad seems happy there.

Review of Westminster House

Things are going well at Westminster House. We are starting to feel more comfortable here as time goes by. I would not hesitate to recommend to people.

Very Pleased

I am really pleased with Westminster House. The community is great, the location is great and my Dad seems to really like it.

Fair Experience

Things are going a little better now than they were. One complaint that my loved one has is that there is no fresh fruit. Other than that it has been a fair experience.

A very nice place

Westminster House is a very nice place, overall. The facility is beautiful, and it is in a great area. All of the care staff seem friendly and on top of things,they've got a great meal service, and my parents have settled in well. However, I do think the office staff could be a bit more organized. We negotiated a lower rate than what they initially quoted us, and it has been somewhat of an ordeal getting them to make good on it.

A few comments. Not a review

* I was only there for 3 weeks recovering from major surgery
* A very efficient establishment but little personal warmth
* Excellent staff at the care level
* in 3 weeks no member of management spoke to me, made any inquiry of me or wished me "good morning," . Far from their caring attitude when I met with them while choosing a residence.
* No other resident ever spoke to me or I to them.
* The food was dreadful with some meals inedible. A hard boiled egg and a banana is not an appetizing lunch. In 3 weeks I lost 10lb but some of his might have been due to the surgery
*Not being sure what to expect i booked for nursing care. In my case it was unnecessary and waste of money. Nursing was minimal and I did not need it

Excellent experience in my journey looking for a care facility for my parent.

Excellent experience starting with the initial contact from the senior advisor at A Place for Mom (even though it was for my dad) until getting my dad settled in Westminster House. I can't thank everyone enough that was involved in my journey to placing my dad here. Had a chance to meet the staff at the home ( I live out of province) and knew immediately that I made the correct choice for my dad.

Excellent so far.

It has only been a little over a week but so far, the care and food at Westminster House seems to be extraordinary, and my Mom is very happy.

It's great. They have been very good there.

It's great. They have been very good there. I have absolutely no complaints. I was told it was very expensive, but found out that was not the case. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The meals are good, and the make the effort time and again, no matter how many times the resident says they don't want to do it, they don't give up them. They have an educated, well trained staff. I have been very pleased.

I was impressed with this facility,knowledgable warm friendly staff. Clean building inside and out.Spacious rooms, lots of activities.I would highly recommend this place.

Review of Westminster House Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Surrey, BC

Westminster was nice with the multi levels of care, only concern is that if there is aggression with dementia, the resident is evicted, which we have no guarantee of what will happen with my mom. The interior of the rooms have some design flaws that they are trying to address, bathroom doors that bump into toilets, and stove top ranges that are not functioning, and take up the small counter room, but being a non-profit they are only able to budget a small amount, so not every suite is being fully reno'd as it becomes vacated. But the room is big enough for personal furniture. Nice directors and managers, and a delightful dog on premise. The front door is not coded so residents can go out, so a band alert is recommended.