Dad's journey at Iris

Probably one of the hardest decisions my brother and I have ever had to make was putting our father in a facility where he would receive the care he needed. We, too, looked at various places and finally settled on Iris Memory Care because of the concern, not only shown for our father, but for us as well. Shortly after my dad's arrival, though, there were several changes that took place that caused us some concern. However, the new staff made every effort to put us at ease and with time has proven to us that the care of our father is still of the utmost importance. Because I live out of the country, they have had to make extra efforts in keeping me informed on the progress of my dad and have done so faithfully. In short, they have gained our trust. While the beautiful facilities were a drawing factor (we did not want a place that looked like a nursing home), the fact that Dad has improved since beginning his journey at Iris is the highest praise I can give them.

Jessie Motsinger

We really appreciate the continued trust you have placed in us, Carolyn. We sure do love having your Dad, and we sincerely the appreciate the opportunity to be a part of his life!

Iris for 97 year old mother-in-law with dementia

My mother-in-law, [name removed], moved into Iris in May from a rehabilitation center in Oklahoma City because of a broken hip. The staff was great with helping us to get her settled into her new home.

We chose Iris over other memory care centers because of the resident interaction we saw when visiting. [Name removed] has enjoyed being in the middle of the action and seems most content to be there. The staff all seem to have a real love for the elderly and Alzheimer’s patients.

Iris has planned activities and also bring in entertainment from outside that the residents really enjoy. We’ve been pleased with everything so far.

Jessie Motsinger

It's been a pleasure to get to know your family and your mother-in-law! We so appreciate the opportunity to care for her, and we love that she is comfortable in her new home.

Peaceful Place

My family looked at about 12 memory care facilities in the Edmond area and have been so thankful that we found Iris in the search! They have been wonderful with our mother! We love the staff, we love the smaller size of the facility and we are very impressed with the Executive Director! We finally have peace about mom’s living conditions and know that she is being taken care of in a way that we would if we could be with her everyday! Thanks IRIS!

Compassionate and High Quality Care

My whole family and I are so thankful to have found Iris. After struggling with dementia for many years, my father was no longer able to live at home and we finally made the difficult decision to move him to a memory care facility. The professionalism and the quality of care my father receives at Iris demonstrate daily that we made the right choice. In particular, we love the fact that the space doesn't feel like a traditional memory care facility. The staff has a range of personalities to deal with, but are patient and kind in each of their interactions with the different patients. Any issues are communicated quickly and we feel very confident that he is in good hands.

Exceptional Care, Best Decision I made

I looked at several memory care facilities about 6 mo ago when I needed Respite Care for my wife. As life goes, we had to transition from respite to full time. The staff at IRIS was very helpful, supportive and top-notch when there was a medical issue that required immediate treatment. I've been very impressed with the compassion and understanding of not only the management but the individual staff that provide the care for the residents. I have no experience with other facilities, but I am very pleased with the choice I made to go to IRIS and with all aspects of the care my wife is receiving.

Wonderful staff and communication

I moved my Dad to Iris Memory Care from another memory care facility in OKC. I live out of state and wanted a safe, caring community for him with great communication. Iris exceeded all my expectations. The staff knew my Dad, looked for ways to engage him, provide activities and field trips he enjoyed and their communication was excellent. They provided opportunities to FaceTime with him. When I visited the facility I felt included and welcomed. Daddy was well cared for, supported and loved at Iris. And I was too.

Its wonderful

I looked at quite a few places before selecting a community for my husband. The staff team’s methods of treatments is innovative, the facility smells nice, the food is good, the rooms there are large, it has a home environment, and the staff overall is just excellent. The main living space has recliners where residents can sit and watch TV and they also provide activities. My husband will say that this is a nice place. The staff is so good with him.

$6200 unfurnished. Community fee $2000. New in October 2016.[Removed] Motsinger (primary), [Removed]. My favorite of Wednesday visits. Very friendly scottish terrior dog stays in facility daily-a positive in my eyes. Have physician for residents if established. Podiatrist comes to facility monthly. Lab services available. 40 beds, 2 twin buildings, one close to street. Very small patio. 2/9 ratio. Transportion available. Meds bottles or packets. Fall risk okay. Provide diapers. Sauna. House chef. Overnite stays and meals with Holly okay. We furnish. Camera monitoring. Toileting 2 hours at night. Laundry DAILY. Shower 3X week or on special request. CMAs do hair and nails, but will have beautician later. Month to month 30 day notice. Chaplain for Church service. Lots of music activities. TV in room okay, but cable is extra. Very flexible, not rigid schedule. "Family feel" and common spaces. I visited activity and talked to two residents who were seemingly all there. 5-7 changes of clothes recommended. I had a very good feeling here! This is my top choice on Wednesday visits.