I think they are understaffed and don't have time to connect with the residents and give them adequate attention to their needs.

Jessie Motsinger

We are disappointed this has been your experience. We work diligently to connect with our residents and provide exceptional care with a staffing ratio that is higher than industry average. Thank you for your feedback, however. We will take it into consideration.

Review of Iris Memory Care

The staff is so very kind. It was stressful for me to find the right place for mom, and they worked me through every step. The facility is modern, well decorated, very clean and bright. It's a happy place to visit and mom seems content to be there.

Jessie Motsinger

We are so glad that we have been helpful to your family through this transition. Thank you for your kind words and support!

Review of Iris Memory Care

I toured several memory care facilities and settled on Iris. I was impressed with the small size and low resident to staff ratio. Everything is first class. Residents are engages in many structured activities and treated with frequent day time trip outings. The facility is always clean and the meals are great.

Jessie Motsinger

We are so glad that you have had a good experience at Iris! That means the world to us!

Wonderful community

Iris is the perfect small memory community! The staff is so helpful, caring and kind. The facility is clean. The nursing coordinator is very intuitive and really cares about the well being of the residents.

Jessie Motsinger

Thank you so much for your kind words!

MY WIFE'S NEW HOME

Iris has been a great help in taking my wife to her new home. The hardest thing I have ever had to do in our 52 years of marriage. They were very helpful in the move in, spent extra time with my wife to help her get comfortable. The staff is very accommodating when we visit or have questions. Our family is still getting adjusted to our new life with wife & mom being away from us but we are very glad of the place she is in. The management staff is very easy to deal with and available when needed. The facility is very, very nice and the small number of residents is a very big plus. I highly recommend Iris Memory Care!!!!

Jessie Motsinger

We are grateful for the opportunity to get to know your family and care for your beloved wife!

Dad's journey at Iris

Probably one of the hardest decisions my brother and I have ever had to make was putting our father in a facility where he would receive the care he needed. We, too, looked at various places and finally settled on Iris Memory Care because of the concern, not only shown for our father, but for us as well. Shortly after my dad's arrival, though, there were several changes that took place that caused us some concern. However, the new staff made every effort to put us at ease and with time has proven to us that the care of our father is still of the utmost importance. Because I live out of the country, they have had to make extra efforts in keeping me informed on the progress of my dad and have done so faithfully. In short, they have gained our trust. While the beautiful facilities were a drawing factor (we did not want a place that looked like a nursing home), the fact that Dad has improved since beginning his journey at Iris is the highest praise I can give them.

Jessie Motsinger

We really appreciate the continued trust you have placed in us, Carolyn. We sure do love having your Dad, and we sincerely the appreciate the opportunity to be a part of his life!

Iris for 97 year old mother-in-law with dementia

My mother-in-law, [name removed], moved into Iris in May from a rehabilitation center in Oklahoma City because of a broken hip. The staff was great with helping us to get her settled into her new home.

We chose Iris over other memory care centers because of the resident interaction we saw when visiting. [Name removed] has enjoyed being in the middle of the action and seems most content to be there. The staff all seem to have a real love for the elderly and Alzheimer’s patients.

Iris has planned activities and also bring in entertainment from outside that the residents really enjoy. We’ve been pleased with everything so far.

Jessie Motsinger

It's been a pleasure to get to know your family and your mother-in-law! We so appreciate the opportunity to care for her, and we love that she is comfortable in her new home.

Peaceful Place

My family looked at about 12 memory care facilities in the Edmond area and have been so thankful that we found Iris in the search! They have been wonderful with our mother! We love the staff, we love the smaller size of the facility and we are very impressed with the Executive Director! We finally have peace about mom’s living conditions and know that she is being taken care of in a way that we would if we could be with her everyday! Thanks IRIS!

Compassionate and High Quality Care

My whole family and I are so thankful to have found Iris. After struggling with dementia for many years, my father was no longer able to live at home and we finally made the difficult decision to move him to a memory care facility. The professionalism and the quality of care my father receives at Iris demonstrate daily that we made the right choice. In particular, we love the fact that the space doesn't feel like a traditional memory care facility. The staff has a range of personalities to deal with, but are patient and kind in each of their interactions with the different patients. Any issues are communicated quickly and we feel very confident that he is in good hands.

Exceptional Care, Best Decision I made

I looked at several memory care facilities about 6 mo ago when I needed Respite Care for my wife. As life goes, we had to transition from respite to full time. The staff at IRIS was very helpful, supportive and top-notch when there was a medical issue that required immediate treatment. I've been very impressed with the compassion and understanding of not only the management but the individual staff that provide the care for the residents. I have no experience with other facilities, but I am very pleased with the choice I made to go to IRIS and with all aspects of the care my wife is receiving.

Wonderful staff and communication

I moved my Dad to Iris Memory Care from another memory care facility in OKC. I live out of state and wanted a safe, caring community for him with great communication. Iris exceeded all my expectations. The staff knew my Dad, looked for ways to engage him, provide activities and field trips he enjoyed and their communication was excellent. They provided opportunities to FaceTime with him. When I visited the facility I felt included and welcomed. Daddy was well cared for, supported and loved at Iris. And I was too.

Its wonderful

I looked at quite a few places before selecting a community for my husband. The staff team’s methods of treatments is innovative, the facility smells nice, the food is good, the rooms there are large, it has a home environment, and the staff overall is just excellent. The main living space has recliners where residents can sit and watch TV and they also provide activities. My husband will say that this is a nice place. The staff is so good with him.

$6200 unfurnished. Community fee $2000. New in October 2016.[Removed] Motsinger (primary), [Removed]. My favorite of Wednesday visits. Very friendly scottish terrior dog stays in facility daily-a positive in my eyes. Have physician for residents if established. Podiatrist comes to facility monthly. Lab services available. 40 beds, 2 twin buildings, one close to street. Very small patio. 2/9 ratio. Transportion available. Meds bottles or packets. Fall risk okay. Provide diapers. Sauna. House chef. Overnite stays and meals with Holly okay. We furnish. Camera monitoring. Toileting 2 hours at night. Laundry DAILY. Shower 3X week or on special request. CMAs do hair and nails, but will have beautician later. Month to month 30 day notice. Chaplain for Church service. Lots of music activities. TV in room okay, but cable is extra. Very flexible, not rigid schedule. "Family feel" and common spaces. I visited activity and talked to two residents who were seemingly all there. 5-7 changes of clothes recommended. I had a very good feeling here! This is my top choice on Wednesday visits.

At Iris Memory Care, we believe that our expertise and specialized knowledge of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia combined with our heartfelt compassion create the best quality of life for your loved one. From the moment you walk through our front door, you’ll feel like you’re in a single-family home complete with familiar sights, soothing sounds and homey aromas, providing an easier transition for your loved one. For Respite care, Short-term stays, or Long-term stays, Iris Memory Care welcomes you and your loved one with compassion, dignity, and all the comforts of home.

Amenities

Resident suites and community spaces at Iris Memory Care reflect an elegance that lends itself to both privacy and dignity. The striking beauty of hardwood-like floors make you feel at home while also providing durability and helping to eliminate fall risks. Private bathrooms are finished with granite, gorgeous tile showers, and custom wood cabinetry. Even the wall colors are specially chosen for their calming qualities.

Memory Care by Design

Iris Memory Care is THE residential alternative to traditional assisted living. Unlike other Memory Care communities which regularly have in excess of 40 residents in a building, Iris Memory Care has two separate buildings that are built for a maximum of 20 residents each. Advanced research has shown that those living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia thrive in a small, intimate environment, therefore our home-like model lends itself to maintaining each resident’s health, happiness, and freedom of movement.

An open floor plan in each building permits residents to easily navigate their way and allows staff to provide accessible care and supervision. Thanks to a higher staff to resident ratio compared to most Assisted Living communities, residents enjoy individualized attention and care every day at Iris Memory Care.

The kitchen and dining areas are designed to encourage community and social engagement. Meals are served from an open concept gourmet kitchen where you can see, smell, and hear the preparations and even have a chat with the chef. Families are encouraged to join their loved one any time for a home-cooked meal!

Innovative Activities

Iris Memory Care believes that the best way to maintain a residents' quality of life, to help prevent falls, and to manage potential behavioral issues is to keep residents engaged in stimulating, interesting, and engaging activities! Not only does Iris have a full time Life Enrichment Director on staff, all staff members are equipped with multiple tools to assist their efforts in providing activities based on current research and best practices.

Robust activities programming and regularly scheduled events engage the mind and stimulate the senses, giving a sense of purpose and daily successes. Iris Memory Care is the first senior living community in Oklahoma to incorporate Snoezelen® Therapy, a soothing, multi-sensory experience designed to stimulate the mind, increase awareness, and improve mood and cognition. Snoezelen® is one example of the many ways Iris is leading the way in compassionate Memory Care through the use of innovative and effective practices.

Keep Each Other Close

Located in Edmond, Oklahoma, Iris Memory Care is convenient to Edmond, NW Oklahoma City, The Village, and Nichols Hills via the recently expanded Lake Hefner Parkway and the Kilpatrick Turnpike. This great location is on the way to and from all of the area’s major destinations, making it easy for family and friends to stop in for visits. No fewer than five of the area’s top-rated medical facilities are within a 10-mile radius of Iris Memory Care, including Deaconess Hospital, INTEGRIS Health Edmond, Mercy Hospital, and OU Medical Center Edmond, making it equally convenient to accompany your loved one to important appointments.

Contact us to schedule your tour, and see how we manage to live well in every moment.