The Fountains At Lake Pointe Woods - Sarasota, FL

The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods offers entrance fee retirement living in a gracious lakeside setting. Situated in the beautiful, upscale community of Sarasota, we're ideally located on Florida's Gulf Coast and convenient to all the area has to offer. Cap off a shopping expedition with a concert or dinner theater performance. Take a day trip to one of our city's many cultural attractions, such as the Asolo Theater, Van Wezel Performing Arts Center or the Ringling Museum of Art. Whatever you delight in, whether it's playing 18 holes on a sun-dappled golf course or hiking in natural splendor, The Fountains makes it possible.

Whether you enjoy the freedom of personal independence or the comfort of feeling catered to, the levels of care at The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods can be tailored to meet your needs and desires. Services are expertly performed by dedicated, well-trained professionals who care about residents, not just for them.

Join neighbors each evening in our dining room, where each course is attentively served by courteous wait staff. The wonderful aroma and flavors of the variety of entrées tastefully complement the striking courtyard views. With our meticulous housekeeping and responsive maintenance, you'll never have to lift a finger to ensure a well-kept home. And our transportation service is ideal, offering a variety of planned excursions to local points of interest and scheduled trips to shopping centers and medical complexes throughout the area.

My brother's care

I am very happy that my brother is happy with the care at this community. He likes the meals and the variety. My brother does like to be able to get around and do some of the activites. I like that there is a docor that is available if needed. We would be happy to recommend this community for the care and value of a loved one.

We know the Fountains very well as my Mom was there for 11 years. It is nice but older construction and always seem to turnover staff. Is a property that we might consider. The villas are new but quite expensive and all residences require a buy-in in the independent living buildings. Two bedrooms and Villas take 5-8 year wait.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for choosing The Fountains; I’m glad your Mother had 11 happy years here. I appreciate your review and the opportunity to address and clarify. Most of our associates have been here long term. The serving staff turns over, because they are students but otherwise we have a great retention rate. We are a membership buy in community, but our monthly rates are much lower than similar rentals because of the initial membership fee. We’re happy to walk you through a comparison if you’d like. We do have waiting lists for our popular Villas and two bedroom residences, but we have had some come available in the past six months and there will definitely not be a 5 year wait. Thank you for your review and the opportunity to respond! Please feel free to call us any time for coffee or questions. Sincerely, Peggy Beasley, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Peggy Beasley.

The Fountains was a beautiful property, but the buy-in was out of our range.

highly recommended

After searching for a place for my DAD in Sarasota, we decided on The Fountains, it has been almost 3 years now that my Dad has lived here, my family could not be happier with this place. Frances who is in charge of the Dining Room could not go out of his way more to please not only my family but my father, he is absolutely the best. Sylvia is another one of the staff that is just wonderful, she always is thinking of creative ideas for the residents, my Dad just adores her. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great home away from home. The grounds are also absolutely beautiful. I give this place a 5 star. Thanks to this place we can rest easy at night knowing our Dad is safe.

When you enter the community you are greeted by a very friendly smiling concierge. While moving throughout the community staff are always asking if you need assistance. Residents are smiling and friendly. Administration and Nursing staff are very caring and responsive to the needs of the residents. There is compassion, caring, and warmth that you feel within this community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you! I will share this comment with our caring, friendly team and thank them for the difference they make every day. We love what we do and I’m so glad it shows. Sincerely, Peggy Beasley, Executive Director

Father is Well Here

All is well for my father with his move to this community. I know he is safe, and receiving great care. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. This is a nice community with kind people. Everything is working out well for us at this community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. We value your opinion and we’re so glad you are satisfied with the experience. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your father is thriving. Sincerely, Peggy Beasley, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Peggy Beasley.

This seems to be a lovely place, and would be a good fit.

This seems to be a lovely place, and would be a good fit. It's a little bigger than what I would like. But so far this is the way we are leaning if and when we decide to make a move.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for our community. Keep joining us for classes, events and programs while you get ready to make the move. Sincerely, Peggy Beasley, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Peggy Beasley.

The Fountains is the place to go

Our dad lived in the assisted living residences at The Fountains for the last year of his life. He was 89 years old when he moved in.
We cannot say enough about the quality of his experience at The Inn. The staff is superb. The restaurant is wonderful and managed by Francis, who could not have been nicer
or more accomodating. The nurses are so caring and responsive. They are extremely positive and work with you to find the best solutions.
The administration is wonderful, too, and all about solutions. Paige [removed] is competent, caring and available.
Most importantly, the caregivers, housekeeping and restaurant staff who have the most frequent contact with the residents are the BEST! They made our dad feel welcomed and loved. We would not hesitate to make the same decision again. Best in Sarasota, best in Florida!

Review of The Fountains At Lake Pointe Woods-Sarasota, Fl

The location and grounds are lovely. The dining room was inviting. Wasn’t so pleased with the apartments. Would like to sample a meal.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks very much for providing a review of our community. Please do visit for a meal and at that time, we’d love to show you a few more residences to see if we have something more your style. With 13 different floor plans, there’s something that nearly everyone will like. Although you can always call to schedule a visit to dine, we have Discovery Lunch options coming up February 25th and March 31st. Please give us a call to RSVP as these fill quickly. I look forward to meeting you. Sincerely, Peggy Beasley, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Peggy Beasley

Best Decision Ever!

My wife and I moved into The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods three years ago and have never regretted that decision for a minute. Everything about the place suits us to a "T" - beautiful apartments of varying sizes and a 53 acre campus, excellent cuisine, experienced management, reasonable fees and a caring staff. But the biggest unexpected bonus for us was making so many new friends!
We feel that we have truly achieved peace of mind with this move.

Wonderful place to live!

My husband and I recently moved into the Independent living facility at The Fountains. We have a beautiful apartment and each day we comment to each other " We made the right decision." The food is excellent! Maybe too good as we have gained a little weight already. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
As it is independent living they do not provide any kind of health care. Just a nurse from the assisted living facility who comes once a week to check blood pressure if you desire to do so. They also provide Flu shots once a year. All of this is made clear before you move in.
We looked at many places before deciding on the Fountains. We liked the campus and the staff and the food.
We felt this this was a great value for our money. We hope to enjoy it for many years.

Beyond Friendly!

The Fountains at Lake Pointe woods was by fr the best place for the money that we looked at in Florida. The staff and people there were friendly and accommodating of my mother's needs and they really went above and beyond. The property is large, so keep in mind that transportation to some of the amenities on the other side of property is needed.

Better Values are available

Not a good value. A dear friend of mine moved into Independent Living and then moved out. They charge an upfront fee that does not go to any healthcare. After checking around many in the area myself, I found that most charge this fee but it is for a guarantee of care. The Fountains does not offer this. It is simply a privilege to live there. My friend moved out 8 years ago and is still waiting on a partial refund. The Director even phoned her to ask her to take less so they could resell this apartment, allthewhile this apartment has seen a price increase numerous times over that 8 years.

Do your homework and know what you are getting into. Many better value options in town. At 81, I try to stay young and active but this place was for "Old" people.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for the feedback on behalf of your friend. Our residents do especially appreciate the grounds, residences, dining, concierge and events here at The Fountains. As we speak with prospective residents about our fee structures we are very clear that our membership fee does not include healthcare services, which many residents cover with long term care insurance. While it is true that we have a few apartments that have not re-sold in several years, they are the exception. In these cases we may suggest a reduction in refund to stimulate a sale, but Watermark will match or even double the reduction. I’m very sorry to hear that your friend did not find her ideal home here at The Fountains and hope that she has found the community that’s just right for her. Best regards, Peggy Beasley, Executive Director, The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods.

Consumer beware

My father lived in the community for about 6 -7 yrs and really enjoyed the activities and the friendships he made. It is a very beautiful community and the food is very good. Beware though - you will not get the large entrance fee back if you or your loved one needs to move somewhere else for medical reasons. The contract states it will not be refunded until the apartment is occupied. This can take years - so far my father's apartment is empty 11 months after he left. My father's health declined suddenly last year and I had to move him closer to family. Most of his money was tied up in this community and it could be years until he get this chunk of money back - this is a huge problem for us! Six years ago the apartments were filling much faster than they are now and we did not foresee this issue.

The other concern is that many people assume they can use the skilled nursing located on the property if needed, but the facility turned my father down when he was being release from the hospital and needed skilled nursing.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback, I would be happy to discuss further if you could call me at your convenience. I want to assure you that when a resident moves out, we start marketing the apartment immediately to get your refund to you as quickly as possible. We will continue with the superior food and programming that your Dad enjoyed, and we have recently undergone an exterior renovation and painting to satisfy current residents and attract new ones as well. While it's impossible to predict the future, the Sarasota real estate market continues to improve and we are experiencing a very high level of interest. We have a strong sales team in place and we do expect success in filling vacancies. Again, please don’t hesitate to contact me if you’d like to discuss further.

Sincerely, Peggy Beasley
Executive Director

Fabulous customer service and a beaut...

Fabulous customer service and a beautiful community.

A Lot for the Money

The only thing I would say is that he pays a lot of money for his medical compared to other places; however, the base rent is very affordable, and you get a lot for your money! They have an Olympic size swimming pool, a 34 seat movie theater, a cafe for friends and family, villas for guest to stay in when they visit, and the place is just beautiful. And overall, he is happy. The thing is, he does have dementia, so he would be better off if he had one on one care. Given his age and issues it would be nice if someone was with him to encourage him to do things. He doesn't use the cafe, pool, or theater. I know they offer things, but with dementia, it is an individual question. He could use a job, because at 90 he really doesn't have any reason to get out of bed in the morning. For him, where his room is, is great, there are activities right outside his room.

Very Positive

We have been really very, very pleased with The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods. The facility is beautiful, the nursing staff is responsive, the apartments are a nice size. We really feel very positively about it. We had visited several communities before selecting The Fountains.

Best food we tried

My mom is not really getting involved in any activities, I have seen them there, but she doesn't do any of them. The food is excellent, what they provide is way better than the other places checked; I would put them as far superior. But you just get a continental breakfast in the morning and then a full dinner, so they don't get lunch and I just wish they would get a little more protein for breakfast.
My mom wanted high ceilings and there's probably 17 foot ceilings so it seems more spacious and she has a great water view and a view of several pools and some trees, it's very nice.

sounds like a nice place bu...

sounds like a nice place but have a minimum 90,000 life care contract