Inn At Deerfield - Deerfield, NH

Good Fit for my Aunt

This is really sweet community, and my aunt will be making the move here soon. The community she is in at the moment isn't the right fit for her, and her needs. I know she is gonna be safe, and secure.

I found Zack to be friendly and helpful and the facility to be nice, if not a little run down. If not so far away from friends and family and easier to get to, I would definitely consider it.

Small friendly and caring assisted living community

Everyone is very friendly. It is a small community for assisted living/memory care, which I think is a good fit for my father. He's only been there for a couple of weeks. So far everyone seems efficient and caring.

EXCELLENT care!

When I first toured the Inn at Deerfield while on the hunt for a place for my Mom with Alzheimer's, I wasn't crazy about the facilities. Rooms were shared, bathrooms weren't private, furniture wasn't "fancy". When I told the director that I was concerned about my Mom not having her own room, she told me "That matters more to the families than to the resident. We're not fancy but we give excellent care." To be honest, the main reason that I chose the Inn was because of the price/value and the fact that it could have a medicaid bed available if my Mom should need it in the future, after several years of private pay.

A year and three months later, I am THRILLED with my decision! The staff is amazing. They REALLY care about the residents and treat them like family. They individualize care to meet the resident's needs. And they do this because the just seem to "know" what's needed ... it's not according to any rule book. My Mom was having a tough time no longer being able to drive ... driving was her "freedom". The staff quickly realized that when she got anxious and upset, if they put her in a car and took her for a drive, that would calm her down. They also recognized right away that she craves fresh air, and they let her come and go to the outdoor fenced in area on her own, and have often taken her for private walks outside. These are only a couple of the countless little things they did/do to make my Mom's life there as good as it can be.

I also like that the facility is small ... only 32 residents (I think), all on one floor. My Mom had been in a much larger facility for a few months before moving to Deerfield, and, in hindsight, I realize that it was just too big for her. It was overwhelming, and only exacerbated her confusion and anxiety. I like that it's in a rural setting too, since my Mom has always lived in the country.

Moving my independent and somewhat stubborn Mom into an assisted living facility was a difficult and trying experience, to say the least. The staff's support and understanding and explanations of what was going on in my Mom's brain (and reassurances that her behavior was "normal") were invaluable to me. They always have time to talk to me and never make me feel like I am bothering them. We exchange a lot of hugs. They aren't just taking care of my mother, they are taking care of me, too!

A place for mom was a big help

We searched many places for my mom to live, before deciding on The Inn at Deerfield in NH. A place for mom helped us until we found the perfect place. My mom made a comfortable transition to her new home and is doing very well. She is safe and cared for by people who are sensitive to her feelings and needs. We are very grateful.

Dad's transition

I first heard about A Place for Mom on the radio.I called the 800 # and was asked a few questions and then immediately connected to a Senior Living Advisor. SHE WAS WONDERFUL !!!!. She listened to my story, asked me questions and right away set me up for a tour at the INN four days later. She also suggested several other places in case the Inn didn't work out. My sister and I took Dad to tour the INN and fell in love with the staff and the facility. We went back again on Tuesday and met the administrator, filled out all the necessary paperwork and Dad was accepted and moved in on August 12th. He absolutely loves his new home. We have not seen any anger or anxiety from him since he moved it. He says he feels safe, is treated very well. Staff is friendly and caring. There are a lot of activities and Dad can participate or not. He enjoys all the little trips they go on and is very comfortable with his room and living arrangements. I know the process was very quick for us and not really the normal, but I do hope others will experience such positivity as we did.

Nice facility

Nice facility

A Licensed Supported Residential Care Home for Elders with Memory Disorders Located in a Country Setting in rural Deerfield, New Hampshire. The Inn at Deerfield was established to provide quality care to elders with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.

Accommodations

Construction of a new, one story facility was completed in late December of 2000. There are accommodations for 32 residents in 14 double and 4 single rooms decorated in soft, calming colors. There are six handicapped bathrooms. One is equipped with a tub and the other have showers. There are two living rooms, a therapy room as well as a small private dinning room that is also used for activities and family visits.