The Birches at Concord - Concord, NH

nice facility!

I toured the Birches facility and grounds this past week in addition to two other residential facilities that say they can care for patients with dementia. No comparison! Everything about The Birches is designed to help patients with dementia live as fully as possible. It is quite a bit more expensive than the other places I looked at but you get much more for your money. When the time is right, I will definitely look to The Birches as a residence for my husband who has Lewy Body dementia

Fitting In Very Well

My dad has adjusted very well being here. Although he wished he was home he has come to terms that this is the place he will stay and now he is fine with that. He has fitted in with the other residents perfect and he is enjoying meeting new people and going on the field trips they plan. He has said he has nothing to complain about so we are taking that the food is good and all the services and the staff are good. We have found the staff to be friendly and kind. The community is close to my dad's doctor and the hospital he uses and it is also close to the family which is a bonus.

Excellent memory care facility

My dad had excellence care while staying at the Birches for respite care for over 1 month. The employees really care about their clients. The food was amazing and appropriately served with 2 selections at each meal. The Birches is impeccably clean and also kept my dad looking his best every day. I would definitely recommend the Birches to anyone looking for respite or long term memory care for their loved one.

Caring Wonderful Community

This is a nice community with caring people. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing my mother with. She is safe and in good hands here a this community. The staff is wonderful, they are caring for her well. Overall I'am comfortable with her move to this community, and I would recommend it.

My tour!

This community was clean when we visited. The people I met were wonderful. The care this community offered was not the right fit for my in laws.

Be aware

Please understand that if family has not notified the birches of intent to vacate room within the 30 day contracted limit, and your family resident passes away, the family will be charged an additional 30 day cost for the room your family member occupied .

I would recommend The Birches!!!

We were not sure how my cousin was going to due during his 2 week respite care stay at The Birches. He enjoyed it so much that he asked if he would be able to come back again. The staff was wonderful every time I visited and I think they enjoyed having him stay there. The food was good and he also ran into some old friends during his stay. The community was well maintained.

I am glad I decided to take a look at The Birches as it was the right move for us!!!

My parents are getting great care and I could not ask for a better staff. They keep me updated on the day to day care of my parents and when asked by my mom one of the nurses even gave them a back rub. They are quick to resolve any issue no matter how small. The food is amazing and such a wide variety. The community is kept very clean & well maintained. I would definitely recommend it to family and friends.

I Liked It A Lot

I just visited the facility, so I'm not real familiar with it. When I met with the staff they were very friendly and very knowledgeable. I had no complaints, it was very well organized and well set-up for people to remember. I liked it a lot, it was just the price that was awfully expensive.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please contact us at [removed] if we can ever assist with anything.

Wonderful, but pricey.

My parents have been at The Birches for only three weeks, but so far we are very happy with everything. The daily schedule of activities has really helped "Mom". She is no longer depressed, doesn't sleep all day and is pleasant to be around. "Dad" really can't keep up with the activities, but he's moving around a lot more and not just sitting in front of the television. He says the food is not as good as at home but he is eating nonetheless and Mom has put on weight. We do supplement with homemade cookies for Dad.
The place is VERY clean. The staff are so sweet and caring. The ambiance in general is calm and positive. The Birches really caters to memory impaired clients. It is so nice to find people who understand how to talk to Alzheimer's patients. Everyone from the nurses to the Head of Maintenance have been helpful. Okay, the Head of Maintenance (not his real title) has been awesome helping with little detail stuff from making beds work, setting up commodes, hanging clocks and all. Really my main critique is the lack of parking. It has made the decision to place them in "The HOME" much less guilt ridden. We thought we were doing a good job but they are happier now (and so are we). It is, however, VERY expensive and we're worried about how long we can afford it. Going to the regular facilities after being here will be a big adjustment.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

It is very, very nice.

My loved one lived here for a while. It is very, very nice. They had a chef that made good food. The rooms were nice and big, and the facility itself was very nice as well. It's a more expensive place, but they have a lot of staff, and would be able to feed the residents that needed assistance one on one, and engage with them a little. They also would show my mother two plates of food, so that she would have a visual choice at every meal, rather than just a menu.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

We love to hear from our families. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with Team Benchmark. Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you and your family. ([removed])

Has done day care and respite care he...

Has done day care and respite care here

Went and checked out the birches on S...

Went and checked out the birches on Saturday, was very impressed.

Dad attends daycare here 2-3 days a w...

Dad attends daycare here 2-3 days a week.

visited, very nice. not affiliated wi...

visited, very nice. not affiliated with generations/elliott hosp. Mostly ALZ, could transition there

Very nice facility.

Very nice facility.

The Birches is Concord, New Hampshire's first assisted living community exclusively dedicated to those with dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of memory impairment.

Set in a peaceful hillside location, The Birches at Concord provides a familiar home-like environment designed to serve the needs of those with memory loss. Exceptional services are led by specially trained, experienced staff are the cornerstone of The Birches. We have a unique approach to problem solving with patience and understanding, and we respond to the needs of our residents and their families in a personal manner. It is our caring team of associates that make the difference at The Birches.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.

The unique design of the Harbor neighborhood helps to promote independence, with comfortable lighting and cues to help residents find their way.