Sherwood Village Assisted Living & Memory Care - Tucson, AZ

Bad experience

Do not put your loved ones in that place the caregivers and management care nothing for the residents or their well being management falsify proper and truthful information. This facility smells of urine upon entrance. The food is horrible !!!

This is NOT a good place! The caregivers and upper 'management' care nothing for the residents. This is SUPPOSED to be an ASSISTED LIVING facility, but they don't assist your loved one in a whole lot. When you ask for their help in the care or make any sort of complaint about ill care, eventually your loved one will be evicted. If you really care about your loved one, this is not the place for them.

Great Tour!

The Sherwood Village was a nice place, but it was just too far from my mother's doctors appointments and things like that. The tour guide was on time and prepared for us when we got there for our tour. It was a nice place but not what we were looking for.

A clean active community!

I liked that this community advised that they would accept medicaid if my loved one ever needs to use it. The staff and the residents look happy. They only things she was not happy with was that she only gets a shower twice a week and they do not allow pets. They do have some animals come in for emotional support. The administration was really positive. The food is good and you have to go to the dining room to enjoy it.

I toured this community and was not happy with the community. The staff was not helpful to the needs that were required. The community was nice, but not what we were wanting at this time. I suggest other families look into options for a loved one.

It was wonderful at first, until the new company took over.

In general it has to do with being bought by ensign. It was wonderful at first, with a full time LPN, with 15 people. The caregivers were wonderful. After the switch, they took away some of the cleaning staff, so the caregivers had to do a lot more of the cleaning, so the direct resident care suffered. They didn't keep the LPN or hire on a new one, and she was wonderful with working with the residents. The nursing staff was different after that. Getting medical staff to come to the memory care wing was difficult. A lot of things went down hill. The caregivers were quitting, due to management, and they were concerned for the residents as well. We chose it because it was very homey, we liked the LPN and the manager, neither of whom are there any more.

Everything is going really good at Hu...

Everything is going really good at Hundred Palms. I'm satisfied with the services. I'm satisfied also with the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, and care provided. I would absolutely recommend Hundred Palms to others.

Older facility. Assisted l...

Older facility. Assisted living and memory care. Slightly less expensive than other facilities, presumably because the buildings are dated and in need of some repair.

Helpful People - My Step Dad Like It There

They're friendly and very helpful. From what I've seen the care services and the activities seem pretty good. I've seen sing a longs and I know they have church services that my step dad attends.

They've been trying to work with us pretty well. We're waiting on getting financial assistance from the VA and Hundred Palms has been working with us to make sure we can afford to keep him there until we get some help. They're good with communication.

My step father seems very happy and comfortable there which is the most important thing. He's got his own room in what they call a companion suite. There is a walk in closet, a bathroom and a kitchenette and then two separate bedrooms that are a good size.

When we visited here we liked it very...

When we visited here we liked it very much.

At Sherwood Village Assisted Living & Memory Care, you will find a warm, dedicated staff committed to creating a community you will be delighted to call home. With no buy-in fees and a convenient month-to-month lease, our residents have flexibility and freedom should their needs change.Sherwood Village provides a great value with our apartments, including an abundance of amenities and a large range of customized services. We offer spacious apartment styles to choose from. The residents and staff are extremely friendly, too — the only thing missing is you!