Horizon Manor South - Montclair, NJ

This Community Has Worked Out Well

So far everything is going well for my mother, and I'am pretty satisfied with everything they have done for us. The ownership of this community is very nice. They do a very nice job of keeping the community and her room very nice and clean. The staff have been very positive. They do not offer many activities, but the residents get more one on one interaction with the staff. She is eating well. They are providing her with great care.

You can't do better!

This is a warm and lovely home. The owners are caring and meticulous peeople. They have done everything for my family member to see that he is comfortable and safe. Individual needs are catered to and the people who work at the home are competent and outgoing. There is always a big greeting followed by "what can I do for you".

The neighborhood is lovely and there are stores and restaurants within walking distance for those who are mobile.

There are some younger people who are more mobile and others who need more care. Ithink there are about 12 residents both men and women.

I like horizon south

This place treats you like family. They care about your family member and respect what you have to say. At sunrise it was run like a business not a caring facility. Everytime you turned around they were raising prices while here the price stays the same no matter if care goes up. It feels like a home. The owner carol is very nice to speak with and you always can reach her. She cares about the people in her facility . I know my father will be happy here.

Really excellent care!

So far we've been absolutely thrilled with the care here! The staff are extraordinarily attentive and cheerful, and really devoted to their jobs. Any staff member you approach, cleaning people all the way to the director, are willing to help with whatever problem or question you might have. I visit all the time and I really haven't seen anyone be anything less than cheerful!
It is a smaller community, and I really like all the individual attention he receives.. They really pay attention to everyone as an individual and learn their wants and needs, which helped ease the big transition he made moving across the country.
I can't say how happy I am with this place, or how fortunate I feel to have found this place. His health has really rebounded since he arrived here.
The one area I'd like to see them improve in is getting a bit more variety and more frequency with their activities, which I've spoke with them about and they are working on it with me.

I spoke with the owner. She says tha...

I spoke with the owner. She says that her homes are large Victorian looking homes with large rooms. She suggested the private room. She describes the facility as a small more intimate setting with about 20 residents. She has 2-3 caregivers besides herself there on days depending on care needs of the residents. There is one caregiver at night during the week and 2 caregivers on the weekend.