Brighton Gardens of West Orange - West Orange, NJ

I toured the facility with [name removed]. She was very nice and I was very impressed. This is the first place that I have visited.

Liked the facility. Pet friendly is a plus. We currently looking for independent living with balcony.

Good Tour, But Not The Right For Us

I had a good tour of this community. I toured it for my uncle, and his needs. The tour went well, everyone was nice. From what I saw the community looked nice. It was a nice experience, but I did not feel this was the right match for my uncle, and his needs.

Great Rehab Therapy!!

My mother has recently been staying at this community for a short respite stay while she recovers from surgery. The staff have been doing an excellent job taking care of her and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. She has been making lots of progress and will returning back to home shortly. I am very thankful for this place and I would recommend it to anyone.

My visit

This looked like a nice community when we visited. The people we met were nice and they do offer daily activities. My loved one seemed to like the community we chose a little better than this cone.

To far away!

It was fine here. Nothing to really go on about. The people were very nice and very helpful as much as they could be. The community was clean and nice. The only problem that I had was that it was to far from me.

Visually there is no complaints!!

During my tour the staff was wonderful at taking time to give us a very detailed and informative tour. The property was very spacious with beautiful bed and bathrooms. The staff seemed very involved with all of the residents and keeping them busy throughout the day. Visually I saw no issues and the community seemed great.

Nice Tour, But The Community For My Mother

We had a good tour of this community, but it wasn't the one for my mother. It is a nice and clean community. The staff was kind and friendly. From what we saw everything appeared to be well maintained. There were many factors that played into our choice where to place here. Unfortunately this wasn't the one for her, but this is a nice community.

A Very Easy Move-In

I was helping my friend find a community. He is using the community for a respite stay. From what my friend says, he is eating good. I do not live near him, I just made the arrangements. Overall, this community made it easy for my friend live here for awhile.

Great Community

Brighton Gardens of West Orange is a really nice community. They really care for their residence and make it an easy transition. The community is very clean, the food is delicious and the staff is amazing. We had a crisis and had to move my father in as soon as possible. Brighton Gardens made sure to expedite the process so dad could get in sooner. We would definitely recommend this community to another family searching.

The truth about Sunrise and Brighton Gardens...

Within a week of moving my parents into BG on Firday August 4th, we were advised by more than 2 health care professionals that Sunrise is the McDonald's of Senior Assisted Living, and my entire family agrees. The care that we were expecting Mom to receive is sub-par. The menu is limited, and the staff is undermanned, under paid and just not trained well. This is reflected in their performance. My parents are DEFINITELY NOT receiving their money's worth. At the very first meal my parents, sister and I had at BG, 2 different residents whispered to my mom "if you have any valuables here, get them out!!!" Sure enough, within the first 24 hours of my parents being residents, my moms cigarette case went missing, it was filled with jewelry. My parents haven't even been in the facility for 2 weeks, and already they have my sister and I looking for a new place for them to live. When my mom pulls the cord for assistance to use the bathroom, a staff member comes running to reset the cord, like they're being timed, but then they immediate leave, saying that they are working with other patients and will be back shortly as then run out the door, not to return for 20-30 minutes. This is unacceptable and it happens every time my mom needs to use the bathroom!! She is in a wheelchair and is going to soil herself one of these days because the staff is undermanned. They not only perform these duties, but they also are the food servers, so during meal times they get called to assist seniors in their rooms, leaving the dining room short on help, which is unfair to everyone and the help can be very rude at times. The facility itself is very nice, and the Supervisors are good so this is not a knock on them, but for the $9000+ per month my parents are being charged, the care doesn't come close to justifying the cost.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

They think they do a sufficient job there. Their very attentive with their residents and they have it well under control. I think they are doing a great job here.

I think they are a great community for memory care.

We moved my loved one here. I think they are a great community for memory care. We toured lots of places, and a lot of them were depressing. We are happy here with Brighton Gardens.

The facilities and programs were clos...

The facilities and programs were close to top notch, but so was the price and the hard sell from a difficult to deal with sales staff.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email [removed] with more info and we will follow up. Thanks, Sunrise Team.

Well run community with a friendly staff

Overall our experience with Brighton Gardens has been a good one, I'd give them high marks across the board. I just think it's a well run community with a very friendly and competent staff. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they provide a good amount of care and activities for their residents.

Very nice place

They do a wonderful job here! As soon as my loved one moved in they learned everyone in the families names, and just did a great job overall of connecting with us. The people that work were are very caring, and very friendly!

Life at Brighton Gardens

I've only been here two weeks, but, so far everything has been glorious ..........friendly staff and residents; good food; varied and interesting activities .

The rooms could be a bit larger, but I'll adjust.

Very nice looking community

I toured this community when I was looking into options for my loved one. I was very impressed with what I saw here, and the final choice ended up being between this community and another. The woman who gave the tour did a very good job, she was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. This place just had a great feel. Based on input from other family members we ended up going with the other option, but I'm sure they would have done a great job here.

An excellent Sunrise community

We toured several different Sunrise communities when we were looking for options for Mom, and they were all very nice places, across the board. We settled on Sunrise of Basking Ridge, but we were pleased with what we saw at this community.

Nettie really liked this place best. ...

Nettie really liked this place best. If we can swing it financially, we will seriously consider it.

Facility is very nice. Staff very fri...

Facility is very nice. Staff very friendly. More folks in wheelchairs and walkers than the others. Director very in tuned with the residents. Rooms are small.

I liked the level of service that is ...

I liked the level of service that is delivered to the residents. All staff were very accommodating. The calendar of activities is impressive. The rooms are lovely. Opportunity to reduce cost by having a roommate.

Brighton Gardens of West Orange is located in a beautiful suburban setting only 20 minutes from New York City amenities. We are nestled between a premier golf course and the historic South Mountain Reservation, which includes acres of protected land with parks, walkways and trails. We partner with professional services in the area to offer our residents a wide range of activities. In addition to our excellent programming we also offer a specialized neighborhood for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of memory loss. Come find out why many of our team members and residents have called Brighton Gardens of West Orange “home” the past ten years!