Hooverwood Jewish Home - Indianapolis, IN

Hooverwood Jewish Home - Indianapolis, IN has yet not published prices.

• Skilled Nursing

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The stay has been good. The staff care is good, they are friendly, and my loved one is happy with the meals.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

My loved one has been there before and it is a very nice place. The staff all provide good care. I would recommend it to anybody, it is a beautiful place.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The therapy is amazing and the nursing care is wonderful. My mom is making so much progress it really has been phenomenal. Everything has been fantastic aside from an issue I had regarding one of her medications. Their communication with her primary care doctor could have been better. Something else I want to mention for the facility, is that, everywhere you look there is a water cooler infused with fresh fruits. These coolers are there for the guests and anyone. It is just a really nice extra thing. They are everywhere in the building, at the nurse's station, when you come in the front door. Then they also have homemade cookies in a little case that you can buy and bring to your visit. I really like that.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The stay with Hooverwood has been good. My loved one is using the therapy services here and those have been fine. We are happy with the nursing care too so far. At this time I would recommend Hooverwood to a friend.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

My loved one's stay went very well here!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

They were great. I think the thing people first think of when they go into a facility like this, is how their loved one is treated. My mom was treated awesome. Also, it didn't have that smell, it was very clean.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Everything is great. The therapists are nice and the communication has been good!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Our stay has been good but we are having some issues with the meals. The foods seem to be high in salt. I was a little confused because I was under the impression my mother was going to be receiving pulmonary therapy and so far it has only been physical therapy for her here. I think she enjoys it and I am happy for her to be getting any therapy. It is better than what she is doing at home. Other than that it is a wonderful facility. I sure would recommend them to a friend.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Overall it's going well at Hooverwood. My mother likes to complain and the only complaint she has is the food.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

They are taking care of my loved one's needs but I would like them to let me know what's going on with her more.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

I have been going over there every night, so I am familiar with what they do over there. I had a meeting with the social worker, nursing director, and the dietitian and we had a good talk for maybe about an hour. That was good, I thought that was beneficial to my mother's care. I feel like the nursing staff is good about talking to me and listening to me. I think overall Hooverwood is a good place. It has been recommended to me by several people. From what I have been told, Hooverwood is one of the best nursing facilities in Indianapolis. I think they've done a pretty good job of addressing my concerns thus far.

Review of Hooverwood Nursing Home

Overall our experience has been very, very nice. The rehab services have been so nice! The therapists are so highly trained. They are careful to push the patients as much as they feel is appropriate to make progress without overdoing it. They just seem to be very sensitive to the patients' needs. I noticed this with my loved one as well as the other patients getting therapy. The response time can be long from using the call light. This happens throughout the day and the night. Occasionally they are there right away but usually, there is a wait. I really like the staff.

Review of Hooverwood Nursing Home

The friendliness, promptness, cleanliness, and level of the nurses, make this a great experience. I've been very satisfied with the physical and cognitive therapy. We've seen a lot of improvements! The only negative would be they're short-staffed sometimes. The quality of the care the techs and dietary provide makes the patient satisfied. The meals are very acceptable, but not outstanding. We like the sit-down communication when we checked my loved one in and the phone communication when we contacted. When we visit the staff talks with us.

Review of Hooverwood Nursing Home

As far as I can see my sister's therapy is strengthening her and the therapists are helping her. The team is very good and patient. The aides and the nurses are very, very caring and very good. The cleanliness seems to be very good and I haven't seen any dirt. She's not that thrilled with the meals, partly because she's on a medical diet. The people I've talked to, so far, explained everything. I like them very much.

Review of Hooverwood Nursing Home

The health care team is very qualified and very interested. They work hard to try to meet my loved one's needs. The physical therapist does a great job. It's very clean here and the rooms are very clean. They have strange combinations of food put together, and according to my father, they don't taste very good either. The social workers do well with communication.

Review of Hooverwood Nursing Home

There has been a lot of staff members that have been helpful along the way. The nurse practitioner is fantastic. This is our second time using the facility. I think the food is fine, however, my loved one has a number of restrictions and the aides do not seem to always pay attention to those restrictions. I feel as though family members are left to help their loved ones and this is a concern because we really should not be doing this in terms of safety for those patients. It is hard for residents to get what they need during meal times.

Review of Hooverwood Nursing Home

It is going well, overall and they have a good staff. The physical therapists have been on top of things and they challenge my loved one. The staff was quick and efficient. The intake guy was really friendly and most are quite friendly.

Review of Hooverwood

One of the ladies in the daycare program is the most wonderful, amazing, caring woman. My mom would jump out of the car to get to her! I'm never worried about my mom with her there! My mom seemed to like the food but I think breakfast and lunch may go a little smoother! Lots of different people give me calls, and encourage me to email. They get right back to you!

Review of Hooverwood

The service is good and the care for the patients is good. They do not call me but I am usually reaching out to the nurses. They answer my questions and give me updates.

Review of Hooverwood

Everything is fine. The people who work there are very nice and my loved one likes it. She says they are doing well with the care and they are very friendly. It's very clean, no complaints on the meals and they call if they need me.

Review of Hooverwood

They are very efficient and knowledgeable, and they're on time with everything! The meals are not very appetizing.

Review of Hooverwood

I have never been treated so kindly and you feel like you are home with them. I love it here. The therapists are top in my book and I could not ask for better people. It is the neatest I have seen yet. I have not seen a place so clean. The meals are terrific with a nice place to eat. They update me in rehab but I would like more updates.

Review of Hooverwood

This was my first choice, I love the people and the cleanliness. The staff is very accommodating and helpful to my husband. I have not met anyone who has not been nice and helpful. To keep staff like that, who are friendly with a smile, is not easy to do. If we have a question, we ask and they give me printouts and that is good. They need a bigger rehab room and they are working on it. but otherwise, I have no complaints. I would recommend it.

Review of Hooverwood

They have done a really good job with my mom! They have done a pretty good job so far especially with keeping in contact with me.

Review of Hooverwood

I already have recommended the facility! There have been several staff members that have been especially helpful in taking care of my mom!

Review of Hooverwood

The staff are very caring and they are doing all the things they need to do for my loved one's care. It is very clean. The meals could use some variety. I don't see many vegetables or fruits and it doesn't look that healthy to me.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

They are fantastic and he could not be in a better place. It is like a five-star hotel and it is magnificent. They are good to him and he is getting the rehab and care he needs. He has nothing negative to say about anybody. You could eat off of the floors it is so clean! So far, the communication has been great!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Hooverwood is the best I've seen, in the whole city, and if I had to go somewhere, this is where I'd go. Everybody has a wonderful spirit and they're all very helpful! They are excellent, beautiful, outstanding and touch my heart. The rehab has been great and my loved one is now able to walk! The staff is gentle, loving and caring at heart. The nursing care is a 5 out of 5, an A! They're wonderful people. The cleanliness is the best I've seen. It is excellent, beautiful, and just outstanding. She said they give her good food and the communication has been wonderful!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

I would absolutely recommend the facility to a friend. The communication has been excellent. They have been very clear and also good about checking in with us and giving us information and updates. My loved one is not happy with the food and she wishes there were more meat options for dinner.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

They are doing a great job. My loved one frequently has her call light on and they are on it. It is clean and it never smells bad. They call me and they have left messages for me. She does not go to the dining room and she does not like the food but they try to give her alternate choices.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

I recommended my friends to Hooverwood. We have had no problems so far. The staff is very, very friendly and the nursing care is very professional! It is very clean and there is no odor! When they need to talk, they call us.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

It is absolutely a very comfortable place and my loved one is happy there. It is one of the only places that is really rehabilitative. I like the fact they have a flexible schedule and I am satisfied with the therapy. The nurses are doing a good job. They take care of her wounds and bandages and give her baths. They are 100% so on top of their communication! It would be nice to have an outside area where they can see trees and birds and things rather than just cement and asphalt.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Hooverwood is a family oriented facility. My mother is there for rehab therapy and I would send her back there if needed. She is walking more steps every day and they are taking their time with her. The staff takes good care of her and they are very caring with their patients. Everybody is on their job with wonderful team members. All of her nurses and therapists provide good care of her. They are very friendly. Everybody speaks to us, smiles and they ask how we are doing. The nurses are wonderful and the food has been wonderful. The LPN is on her A game. She updates me and she took care of everything.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The staff is very friendly but my loved one is not able to get around by herself and they do not help her go to the activities so she is stuck in her room. I have not heard any information from them.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The people are superb and the therapy was wonderful. Everyone has been lovely and kind and the communication was fine. The nursing care was good but sometimes it was hard to get your pain medication when needed. The facility is very clean but the room cleaning could improve. We never saw anyone sweep or mop the floors. The meals were unappetizing.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The stay at Hooverwood has been excellent! If I had a friend that needed services I would definitely recommend Hooverwood. My sister in law says the rehab therapy services are good here and the nurses are good. They have all been very friendly. She does like the meals and the other day when I visited her during one of her meal times, the food looked delicious. Their communication is good!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Hooverwood is at the top of the list. So far we are very, very pleased.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

They seem to really enjoy having my uncle. Within some time the staff had him cooperating with everything. It is very clean! I really appreciated how if I ever had any questions, they were so good about either answering the question or directing me to the person that could.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The atmosphere is so good for my loved one and she is getting excellent physical therapy. Her needs are addressed immediately and the staff is all wonderful and friendly. I am there every day and whoever the CNA is for the day is, is good with updates.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Everybody greets you and acknowledges you. The food has improved a lot.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The communication is an area that could use some improvement. I am not sure if maybe I am just unfamiliar with the way the system works. When I ask, I get information, but I have not received any updates without asking first.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

It's been pretty good. He went there for the purpose of the rehab and they did an excellent job. There weren't enough activities, so there was nothing for him to do and I wish they had more for him. The cleanliness was very good.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

It went well but there is some room for improvement with the meals.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

My brother was so well cared for and that is why when he needed rehabilitation services again, he wanted to come right back here. All the staff was great with my brother. I can tell you that there was not one employee that did not deliver a high level of customer service. They are outstanding! The cleanliness was in pretty good shape! He is difficult with his meals. They delivered him breakfast and it looked good, smelled good, but I was ready for him to complain. I turned around and that meal was GONE. He ate the whole thing! The lady was great with the discharge. She was so helpful and provided me with all the information. They got us a plan and we are all set with everything. I would absolutely recommend Hooverwood!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Overall, it went well and there was a nursing assistant that my mom especially enjoyed.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

My loved one pushes the call button and they are right there! He says the meals are great!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

We would recommend this place to someone else. The rehabilitation services here are excellent. All of the staff has been really great and they all mean so well. You never see the staff members standing around or wasting any time. They did a good job with the cleanliness and we have been doing fine with the communication. The meals have actually been better but I truly believe the staff need more help.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Everything is so lovely and perfect there for my loved one. The staff is taking good care of her and making sure everything is okay. They always let me know what is going on and I can reach them right away. The meals are wonderful with just the right seasonings.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

I would recommend the facility! The staff have great personalities and I am very happy with the meals!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The staff was very attentive and informative and good at explaining the process about my mother being there. Everyone I needed to talk to from the admission were all really helpful. It was very clean, tidy, and neat and the atmosphere was beautiful. I do think that they need to have more variety from what they serve daily. Sometimes the nurses would take long to come when called.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Overall it's been very good. The staff and nurses take care of her.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

It went well for my loved one. The therapy was very good! The food could have been better!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The staff is all very nice and helpful. The nurses are pretty nice but he has to wait a while with his light on. They are not following his diet restrictions. The communication needs to be improved because I have not heard from anyone since the first week.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Overall it was good. The meals looked pretty good! The dining situation was a little bit unpleasant for they could have made it more cheerful or inviting.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The cleanliness was excellent. It was very clean. My loved one seemed to like his meals. They called me right away when anything happened.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Everyone has done a very, very good job for my loved one. They always seem to have everything very clean in there. She is always up and dressed. They keep me informed. The food could use some improvement.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

It is a good facility for my loved one. They are very good with how they communicate with you. The call me and let me know how he is doing. They are really good at bringing him more food when he asks for more. The aides are really good but when I talk with the nurses I would only talk with them for a short time without getting all the information I needed.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The facility is clean. The nurses I find are alright. Some are friendly and some are not. The communication needs to improve. I waited for a scheduled phone call for some hours and no one contacted me.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The therapy is very good. The nurses need to be quicker but they are good.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

From the very second we walked in, they were welcoming and attentive. My loved one is making more progress here than at the other place. The aides are wonderful and amazing. The cleanliness is perfect.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The therapist did a really good job, my loved one is back to normal activity and that is great. The aides were excellent and very friendly. They have excellent communication. It felt like it was clean. She enjoyed the meals.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The people there were pretty nice. The social worker gal was really nice. It seems like she was pretty on top of stuff. They are really good at keeping me informed. I live in another state, and they're doing a good job keeping me in the loop. My loved one didn't care for the meals. She was confused how the menu system works, but someone came in and explained it to her, so we hope that it gets better.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

My mother just wasn't getting the right care there. The nursing care has been fine. The communication has been good. Any time I have talked to the nurses, they have been very attentive. The nursing assistants have been the worst part, but we are addressing this with the staff. My mom doesn't care for the food.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

They were nice enough to let me come into her room at night, even though visiting hours were done. I was really appreciative of that. I just wanted to see with my own eyes that she was okay, so that was very nice. They were very nice to me. The one who let me in past visiting hours was very caring. They were all very nice. I didn't notice anything out of order. They let me know everything that was going well.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

It's great. She loves it and I like it as well. I think the therapy is effective. She has it daily and is gaining some strength. She is quite happy there and I see her and everyone is cordial and nice. The staff is very good, everyone is friendly and acknowledges you.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

They keep us very well informed of what is going on and people are actively looking for ways for a guy to get better. My loved one is making good progress in therapy. The staff and nurses are very, very good. I get regular updates and when we ask what is going on we get the information. Everything is well kept in all places. My loved one likes the meals and he is a fussy eater.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

I think the most important piece that I realized from Hooverwood, is that the quality of the people are superior to other places we've looked at. My dad has no complaints, he thinks everyone is helpful. So far everybody has been very good. They do a great job.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The staff, aides and nursing staff call me and there is open communication with them. I have observed them working with other residents there. Everyone is kind and warm. They greet me. It is very clean.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Most definitely five stars! All of the staff are very pleasant and caring. I call daily.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

We have been in a number of facilities and Hooverwood is the best one. It is clean, and the patient-to-staff ratios are good. The food is good. They have a lot of activities. They have a lot of young people helping, and the younger kids are volunteering from the school next door. The food looked well prepared and they have a lot of help with everyone in the dining room. I have had a number of phone calls. When my mom was there in the past we had regular phone calls.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

We're happy there. We're the least happy with the meals, but everything else is great.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Everybody is very friendly and they are taking good care of her. They treat her with respect and she can be difficult. They are very thorough.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

I like the personnel there and how they care for her. They do not hesitate to help with my concerns. I chose the place and two other people referred me to the place. I like the rehab and the way the therapists relate with the patients. I like the nurses' care. They call me with concerns and it is the greatest to me. There's no bad smell.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

We are really pleased with how the staff have attended to her needs and getting her dressed for the day and the meals. She has only been there a week and a half with no therapy yet. The rooms and hallways are very clean. The food seems to be good for my mother. She is enjoying the meals.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

I have high praise for the therapy services! The manager has been very receptive to feedback and the speech therapist has been wonderful. This facility does not have a smell. The night shift is taking a while to help. It was almost a week before she was showered. Also, the service in the dining room is not the best.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

I would recommend Hooverwood to anyone. They are good working with her well. A lot of times she doesn't get service when press the bell. The meals come at different times. They do a very good job with the cleanliness. Mom says they have delicious food. They call me and let me know about her appointments. They are very informative and right on.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

It has changed dramatically since the renovations. I walked in and said "Wow!" It's a lot better than it looked before. It's pretty good. She does not like the food and they seem like they are short staffed.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The only drawback was that his floor was pretty dirty. I had to ask someone to get it cleaned. The people were nice and it was clean everywhere else. The administrative assistant was excellent.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

It's been very good. The staff is always friendly and is all very attentive. It's all been great!. They've been very friendly. He said it's been good. When I have been there it has been very good. But when I when I haven't been there are some issue.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Hooverwood is great and amazing. My brother loves the rehab.

Brittany Scheidt

Thank you for your feedback!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

They are doing a wonderful job with my loved one. It's very clean.

Brittany Scheidt

Thank you for your feedback!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Everybody is so pleasant and they talk with me. The unit manager is great. The stay is going very well. They are very informative. Rehab is going okay. She does not want to participate every time. The staff are very pleasant. It is very clean.

Brittany Scheidt

Thanks so much for your feedback!

I'd recommend Hooverwood!

Thank you!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

The people and the help I have received and the services my loved one has received have been great. I think the room could be kept a little cleaner and the floor mopped. A spill was there for a couple of days.

Brittany Scheidt

Thank you so much for your feedback - this will be communicated with our Environmental Services manager. Please let us know if there are any further concerns by calling us at [removed].

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

We had a wonderful meeting with the case worker and all of the therapists. It was very encouraging and it was very professional. Rehab was very helpful. It is as good as it could be and a great location. My mother is very pleased with everything and they are working her hard. She is making great progress. She really likes the therapist. She is pleased with the nurses and aides. I go up and down the stairwell and I keep my eyes peeled to tell someone that the stairwell needs washing. She commented on a dinner she did not care for and so they brought something else so she was happy with that.

Brittany Scheidt

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

I have been there a couple of times but the staff is attentive and the atmosphere is pleasant and cheery. There are smiles and a higher level of engagement with the patients. It looks clean. He has been eating the meals. At the beginning the communication was not very good because they did not know to contact me, now they do and it has been excellent.

Brittany Scheidt

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Everything has been great. However, my loved one has complained a little bit about the food. He says the meals are often cold. I'm not sure if this is where he is located in the building. We have mentioned this to the facility.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

It has been wonderful. Most importantly, is my husband and he says he is very satisfied. The therapist is a good trainer and a good everything. The staff are very friendly. When I come in everything is clean, even the bathroom is clean. My husband enjoys the food.

Brittany Scheidt

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

Rehab is good. The staff communicate well. It started out shaky and it is getting better. We arrived at 5:30 pm and there was no wheelchair and no one was there to meet us. They had her mixed up with someone else. It smells great inside. My mom said the food is good except Friday night it was cold.

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

It is a pretty nice facility but they do not prepare meals for a certain diet plan. I have no complaints other than that. When she got there I had to initiate a meeting with them about transferring her for the admitting. I like the activities coordinator, who is very good. I like the admissions coordinator and the social worker too. I should not be able to go where the ice is and someone should be assigned to put ice in the ice machine. The front desk needs to be more observant or have someone there observing who comes in the facility.

Brittany Scheidt

Thank you so much for the feedback - We strive to provide the highest quality of care to every resident and are working to resolve all issues stated. The ice machines are automatic, so we apologize if there was an issue. Please call us at your convenience to further discuss any concerns. It is important to us each concern is resolved. Please call us at [removed]

Review of Hooverwood Jewish Home

My loved one has improved since she has been there. The food gets to her cold and late. At first we had problems with the nurses talking bad. All has been resolved but the food. The nurses are slow but the staff are really nice. I go there every day and some days they do not sweep her room. Things spill on the floor and I have to ask them to clean it. Overall it is good.

Brittany Scheidt

Thank you so much for the feedback - We strive to provide the highest quality of care to every resident and are working to resolve all issues stated. Please call us at your convenience to further discuss any concerns. It is important to us each concern is resolved. Please call us at [removed].

Hooverwood Jewish Home provides person-centered care for the elderly in a warm and vibrant community.

Our services include skilled nursing care, memory care, short-term rehabilitation, and adult day services in Indianapolis. Since 1902, we have been the trusted not-for-profit health care center of Indianapolis, and are proudly a Music & Memory certified facility.

Our beautiful, 40-acre campus is complete with 131 luxurious private rooms, and a total of 155 beds.

Please reach out to our friendly admissions team today to find out more about our medical and rehabilitation services!