Robin Run Village - Indianapolis, IN

Such a non-caring - unorganized place to be !

You have to be admitted to this facility to give a fair rating. You CANNOT give a rating as an outside person looking in. I was transferred to Robin Run from a hospital for rehab. My transfer was done at 10:30 am. My recruiter from Robin Run made me certain guarantees that were not kept - the main issue being my medications. Things were bad from the very beginning, and they never got better. I was put into a room - had my vitals taken - was told that my meds were being entered into the computer and I would receive them upon completion of that task - was told I would get my lunch at 12:30 - then left alone.....for HOURS ! 12:30 came and went - no lunch - no staff attention - no meds. 1:30 arrived - still no lunch - still no staff attention - still no meds. I put on the call light and waited....and waited....and waited - for 25 mins. Nobody came. So I called the front desk and asked who was over my area. Someone from administration was sent to my room and brought the nurse assigned to me. I expressed my opinion - asked for my noon meds - asked for some lunch. It's now 2 pm. The nurse said that she was still entering my meds into the computer (since 10:30 am), and that I would get them soon. The administrator went to get me some lunch - I finally ate at 2:30 pm. - then I was pretty much left alone for the remainder of the day - still no meds. Every call light was answered after an average of 20 mins or so, and there was always an excuse as to why I couldn't get my meds. The staff was totally rude in the evening hours. So - I laid in bed all night crying from the severe pain. The next morning, my initial nurse came back on duty, and I REALLY expressed my desperate opinion about not receiving my meds. She acted surprised and stated that she had left my pain meds out for the night nurse to give me and didn't know why it wasn't given to me. That made me furious ! She quickly ran and got my pain meds then told me the meds had just come in that morning right before she came to my room ! Now how could she have meds for me the night before if they had just come in that morning ?? I had been without meds for almost 24 hrs by this time !! After my having some words with various people concerning that mess - the rest of that day went very, very smooth where my getting my meds was concerned. Everything else was still the same - meals coming 1 1/2 - 2 hrs late - call lights being answered after 20 - 25 mins - no orientation - meetings being scheduled then cancelled - admin straggling into the room to introduce themselves but they never seemed interested in fixing my problems - and I didn't leave that room for 2 days !! But - I did see how they treated my room mate who had Alzheimer's - absolutely disgraceful. My 3rd day was much the same as the first two - seems like I was always having to beg for what I wanted or needed. I had my son bring my rollator from home so I could get out of the room and see where I was. I did have a little bit of rehab that day, but not much - mostly meet and greet. That night - around 10:15 pm or so - a man came into my room wanting some "hoochie koochie" - I couldn't believe it ! I'd heard him out in the hallway for about an hour going to different doors and stuff, but I never heard any staff telling him to go back where he belonged or anything. Of course I couldn't get any staff to answer my call light so I made him leave my room myself. That was the straw that broke the camel's back !! I sat up all night making sure no other men came into my room and called my son to pick me up the next morning. I got all packed up and just waited. The next morning when I told the nurse I was leaving - several people tried to talk me into staying - promising that things would change. I didn't believe them. I signed out and went home where I knew I would get my meds - eat on time - and be safe. I will find a way to rehab on my own. A synopsis of my stay at Robin Run is: The patient and their needs do not seem to hold priority status at Robin Run. The place is very unorganized and short staffed. A lot of the staff is lazy and rude with attitudes that are not positive. Administration seems to be out of the building more than they are in the building, and this may be the reason for a lot of the problems therein. They put on a good show in front of family and friends - but please take the time to look closer look at the inner workings before you leave your loved one alone at Robin Run. Thank you.

mom is not being taken care of properly, I think it is the new help. I am done and will be moving her soon.

This is a great community but it's not for Mom & Dad. It has a buy-in that makes it cost prohibitive.

Didn't receive a call back soon enough

We needed to find a place for our loved one pretty quickly. By the time Robin Run Village returned our call we had already found another community.

unprofessional care people.....untruthful.....

Had Terrible experience at Robin Run....did not take proper care of my Loved One...and did more [Removed] than Good! I would NOT recommend this Care Home..for anyone...

Beautiful Community!

It is a beautiful and clean community. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable regarding the questions we had during the tour. This community was our first runner up. The only reason we did not choose this community was due to the location.

Nice Surprise

I feel at peace knowing that my mother is being cared for so well. From the nursing staff to the housekeeping to the administration they are all wonderful and go out of the way to make sure the residents feel comfortable and respected.
They offer quite a few activities such as movie night and my mom got a chance to go out to lunch which she hasn't done in a long time which gave her much joy.
One major thing that impressed me was that the staff appears to actually like the company they work for and most of the staff has been there for about 10 years or so not a lot of overturning as far as staff goes.
Pricing isn't an issue, in fact, we got a nice surprise when we got the first bill my mom had been evaluated at a higher level of care but when the bill came the community had taken it upon themselves to adjust the bill down to the room rate which helped. I have since recommended this property to other people.

A Work In Progress

My parents are doing pretty well here at this community, but we do have some concerns. It was a ruff start at first with getting my parents adjusted to the community. I will say some staff members are better than other. The ones that are good have been very helpful and kind. Their responsive time could be better as well. The food needs improvement. At times in the evening they tend be under staffed. Overall it is still a work in progress for us here at this community.

This just felt a little too large.

We toured here when we were looking for options. This was a nice place, and everyone was friendly. This just felt a little too large.

Healthcare bad care

When my mom lived in the apartments we enjoyed most of the staff. The health care facility of years before were a much better experience than this past year. It's unfortunate that the care and attention to residents have gone down. The staff they are hiring have obviously never been told they are doing things wrong because every issue I and many others have brought up....still happens a year later. Management is never on staff at.night and that is part of the problem. Basics as showers, water, hygiene seem to be an ongoing issue that hasn't gotten better. Then the staff walks around with an attitude and complain and talk to the residents like they are dumb. It's insane! !!

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your experience. We have passed along your feedback to our regional operations team for review.

excellent

We bought a garden home at Robin Run Village and will be moving in there in about three weeks. The staff are all really excellent. They have even allowed us to stay in one of their apartments as we have gone back and forth getting everything set up. They have fed us when we have been there, and the food is above average for this kind of place, though not excellent. The only drawback that we have is that the place has a little age on it. They said it would look like a brand new home, but it looks like a refurbished house. Still nice and very clean and well kept, and they have listened to our feedback and have been very accommodating.

Happy with Robins Run

Very impressed with Robins Run. The staff treated the residents with dignity and friendliness. The residents were very friendly and spoke highly about the facility. Everyone was very informative and didn't hesitate to help us out.
My Mother will move in at summers end and after that, I can answer with better knowledge.

Friendly and informative staff!

So far our experience with Robin Run Village has been a good one! It is a clean, well kept facility, and the staff have all been very friendly and caring. They are very good about keeping the families informed and updated on the status of their loved ones. They offer a wide range of care levels and living styles, from independent living cottages to full assisted care.

Impressed with the warmth

Very warm atmosphere. Experience with residents and staff was very friendly. Looked at garden homes and met with the health care administrator. Homes were older, but updated. Administrator was excellent. I would not describe the atmosphere as "institutional". Far from it. On the top of our list!

Very institutional looking....

Very institutional looking. Very overpriced. Told within the first 5 minutes that I would not like or want to have my Mother there. Recommended Clair Bridge in Carmel. Part of the same company.

I visited the facility with...

I visited the facility with the marketing director for the independent living area, who introduced me to a lot of the staff in the memory care unit. It was modern a facility with excellent staff and residents were mostly in double rooms with furniture provided. Although the rooms were attractive, they were more institutional because of the uniform layouts and furniture. Doors are always kept open, even at night. The bathrooms did not have showers, they are bathed in a common shower facility. Most of the residents were sitting in a central area watching television, but I observed little interaction between them while I was there, although it was in the late afternoon. Residents can be taken to activities outside the memory facility with an attendant. It was more expensive than the other facilities that I have visited so far. Although many aspects were attractive, I was not sure the room sharing and institutional atmosphere would appeal to my mother.

Though we are still getting settled, ...

Though we are still getting settled, we have been really pleased so far. I've never lived any place where people are all so friendly. It is almost like I'm waiting for the bubble to burst.

Robin Run Village provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

At Robin Run Village, Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program, filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group a