Homeland Assisted Living Facility - Jemison, AL

Comparable to Hell

I do not recommend this place at all! The staff is very friendly but the woman who runs this place is not someone I would trust with a loved one. Luckily, my loved one is no longer here but her experience while here was degrading on so many levels. She had some of her items taken away from her without explanation, her privacy was violated many times, the food is terrible--frozen and canned everything, the owner was rude and did not allow her to take phone calls without explanation, and I could continue but I do not feel the need to do so. I am amazed that this place is still running to be honest!

Great Value

Homeland is a very good value for the money. The staff really make the facility. They have been very willing to try to accommodate and work through problems as they arise. They are very friendly and upbeat. I wish there were outings planned for the residents. Of course that would increase the price. Beca use we are not in the area, we have had to hire someone to transport Dad when he needs to go.

We were able to secure a home for Dad...

We were able to secure a home for Dad in the same vicinity he has lived for over 34 years. He was still able to maintain his support system. The owners of Homeland were extraordinarily helpful. The price was affordable. The rooms were clean. Dad was able to bring all his own furnishings which made it feel like home. If he didn't have any, the owners had furniture he could use. The staff couldn't be more warm and friendly. All of this made a hard situation much better. Thank you for the recommendation.

Not in price range but gave...

Not in price range but gave me some good suggestions.