Highland Estates - Cedar Park, TX

Nice facility but not my parents style and not in their budget

Loved the place and the fact that we could keep our dog but the cost was prohibitive for what we need. The one bedroom/one bath was just too small and the 2/2 was out of our price range.

Things that might be important to you.

One of the cleaning staff was promoted to the activities director. They definitely need a professional in that position.
Beware, the transportation bus does not have a lift.

I toured this community

I toured this community and it was nice and clean. It was really close to my son. Everyone was fo friendly and answered all of my questions. But I had to go with another community because the budget just didn't meet up. I would recommend this to people.

Very nice place

Very nice place. My mom likes it and she can be a tough critic. The place is a reasonably priced as compared to other offerings, but is right on the edge of affordability for my mom.

We had a nice tour of this facility. Everything went well

Great Community for My Mother

My mother is doing great with her move to this community. So far everything is going well, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. The staff is fantastic. They have been good at helping her adjust to the routine around the community. The community is very well maintained, they do a good job with the cleanliness. My mother is able to keep her independence, and still have access to help if she needs it. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

This was a very friendly, clean and welcoming environment. It has great amenities and has a feel of a family community. I think my mother would be very comfortable living here.

Over the top staff!!

When I toured this community, I went back 2 times. The second time, the staff remembered me and even gave me a hug. They are amazing. The place is currently going through changes internally and it has made some if the residents uncomfortable. They serve 3 meals a day but have set times for them and that can be a little difficult at times. The people who run the place are great, though. The staff who clean and make the meals are amazing, I looked at a dozen communities and this one by far had the most amazing group of people. I even toured places out of my budget to see what money could buy and the staff doesn't compare to the ones here. I wish they had more activities for the residents that would be appealing, currently, they have bingo and board games.

Pleasant Tour, But To Far

I had a good experience during my tour of this community. Everyone was very kind and courteous. The community looked nice, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff was informative and answered my questions. Location was one of the main factors when considering where to move my mother in law too. This community was to far for the families to travel too, but it is a nice community.

Great retirement community for mom!

My mom moved to Highland Estates after touring the nice facilities and meeting the friendly management staff and residents who were so welcoming. It was hard for her to move out of her 3-bedroom house of 18 years, but Higjland did everything they could to make her apartment feel like home, including helping to paint the walls the color she liked and giving her the flooring preference she wanted. They were so accommodating and really went above and beyond to make us feel like this was going to be a great place to live. I live far away and it was important to me that she not be isolated, and now I know she's in good hands! The price is reasonable but I don't like how it's only locked in for one year. After that rent can increase so I'm a bit worried about that. So far so good, though!

Enjoying Their Time At This Community

My in laws is doing very well, we are satisfied with all they have done for us. The community is very well-kept, their room is always clean when we visit. They have a very good staff here. There are activities offered for them when they are ready. Overall it has been a good experience and I would recommend this facility.

I can't say enough about the level of care

My Father is a resident there and he just moved from another state. The manager has gone out of her way to help my father adjust. She has taken him under her wing and showed him around. I can't say enough about the level of care. The only thing that they can improve on is more housekeeping staff. It seems that they are short staffed. Everyone treats my father with courtesy and respect and they always say Hello. I noticed that everyone calls him by name and that to me is just another part of their caring.

We moved my mom into Highland Estates in June 2015. Everyone has been extremely friendly and helpful in getting her settled and acclimated. She is very impressed with the facility and staff overall. I can relax knowing she is being well taken care of.

If I was 70 or even 60 years old I'd want to live there!

We toured here at Highland Estates. It's really nice! If I was 70 or even 60 years old I'd want to live there!

Highland Estates - a nice senior independent living community

My mother-in-law moved into Highland Estates 5 weeks ago. So far, I think she's pretty happy with it. There have been a couple of meals that were pretty awful, but I think that could happen anywhere. Had it been me, I would have asked for something else to eat, just as I would do at a restaurant. I think Highland Estates should give the residents a few "meal tickets" per month for guests, especially since the dining room is rarely full, as some go out with relatives for meals, etc. I think there should be more than 1 elevator. I notice at meal times that the 1 elevator is always crowded, with people waiting for it with their motorized carts, walkers, etc. Also, I think there should be a separate laundry room for the staff who are washing the sheets and towels. The residents aren't able to use the washing machines and dryers Monday - Friday until AFTER 4 pm. The facility is nice and quiet, at least when I go visit, and it is very homey. I like all the little living areas scattered all over the facility. I think it would be nice to have snacks available for the residents. I like that the facility isn't SO huge, and that all the managers seem genuinely to care for everyone, and know everyone's names.

I like it here, A LOT

It's very clean, they're very friednly, they call you by your first name "mister doug" and they're very accomodating, as far as eating with ya or staying in your room or whatever, they let you do what you want to do, it's very nice.The activities are wonderful, you can participate if you want and if you don't want to you don't have to but I usually do, they have entertainment and bingo and things like that. I went to 5 other places before I found this one and I chose them because it was close to my daughter and the first impressions were out of this world that I got of the manager, Kevin took the time to show me around, he was very friednly, very helpful, it was a great induction. The service is phenomenal and the other people here are fantastic, its fun and I have a good time with them.

Beautiful community. Very s...

Beautiful community. Very safe feeling. Impeccably cared for. Even though we were looking for a place for my mom (and this was our choice), my husband asked (jokingly) when he could move in. We will consider it when the time comes for a retirement community for us!

Its a Holiday retirement place and I'...

Its a Holiday retirement place and I'm sure mom would like it...

$1900/mo

$1900/mo

Nice apartments. Food not worth writ...

Nice apartments. Food not worth writing home about. Staff very helpful. Price about right but ammenities are not inclusive of what we are looking for.

Highland Estates is situated in charming Cedar Park, a suburb of Austin just 17 miles from the heart of the capital city’s downtown area. Our location provides the best of both worlds with the relative peace and solitude of the suburbs and the vibrant state capital just minutes away. We’re located near shopping, dining, healthcare and wonderful regional attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind