The Clairmont - Austin, TX

The physical building may be old but the staff and residents are what make The Clairmont special.

Noticed stale/ stuffy odor approaching porch (cushions?) and inside facility (carpet?) First impressions are everything. This would not be my first choice.

[Name removed] was very friendly and easy to work with. She answered all my questions and was not pushing me to make a decision.

Not Very Homey

I saw The Clairmont while looking at places for my loved one, and I thought it was a little better than some places we’d looked at, but I thought it just didn’t have that homey feel. We were looking for something homey.

Allowed To Smoke

This community is a perfect fit for my mom.She really likes living here. Most units have little patios which are a good thing for my mom because she can step out of her unit and smoke. She is slowly starting to get involved in some of the activities and social events. She is liking the food here. The price was a little less expensive than other communities we looked at.

Father's Care and Comfort

The care for my father in this community is outstanding. The menu is very good and he is pleased the variety of the menu. The staff is attentive and they make an attempt to get my father to participate in the activities with the other residents. We would recommend this community to others wanting good care and a nice value for the care of a loved one

We Had A Good Tour Of This Retirement Community

I toured this community for my friend, and his needs. Our tour went well, this is a nice facility. Everyone was kind to my friend, and I. The community looked nice from what we saw. The staff we met was helpful, friendly. It was a nice experience, and our tour was a good one.

Just Gave Off The Right Feel

Mom is doing very well since moving here. She seems to have settled into a routine now. She has joined a few activities and make some new friends since being there. Her apartment is a good size she is very comfortable. She is enjoying the food when she makes it down to the dining area. The staff has been wonderful very friendly and helpful. The whole atmosphere just made you feel welcomed

My parents lived at the Clairmont for over 5 years. We were very pleased with the attention they received. They enjoyed participating in many of the activities and made many friends. We appreciate [Removed], the director and all of the staff for making them feel at home.

Great price, great place!

The Clairmont has been great! The grounds are kept very well maintained and the staff are great at helping my father! Though he does not participate in activities too much, plenty are offered to him. This facility was also very budget friendly, as we were pleased with the cost of the facility.

A place to call home

I like the care at this nice community. The staff is always helpful. It is clean and it is a nice environment. They do have social events that residents can participate. I would recommend this community to other families.

A tour for care

We toured this community for the care of my father. We liked that staff and they seemed friendly and caring. We liked that this community was clean and maintained. The list of the activities would have been helpful for my father. The menu was appealing. We would recommend families tour this community for care of a loved one

Good Community, Tour was Pleasant

My family, and I had a good tour of this community. Everything went well. The community was well-kept, everything looked nice. The staff was kind, and friendly. The experience was good one. Everyone was very kind to my family, and myself. We found another community that had the vibe my mother wanted, but our tour of this community was a good one.

Enjoying Her Time

My grandmother is doing quite well since her move to this community. I do feel she is safe, and in a good place. A place for mom was great the referral to this community. She is enjoying her time at this community. All is well for us so far at this community,

The Clairmont is Awesome!

We moved my mother in law into the Clairmont in October and we have been amazed with everything offered here. First off, it truly feels like a family type atmosphere when you walk in. The staff and management all know the residents by name and they make them and their family feel welcome. Second, it is a smaller community and we felt more comfortable than other places we toured. It is all one story, so it feels like she has more of a "home" feel than an apartment. And no elevators to wait on! They have nice little patios out back of each unit and the landscaping is very nice. She feels very comfortable here. She likes the food, and the mid afternoon snacks she can find in the activities room. And one of the best things we like is that we can order extra services a la carte. For instance, they have folks there that will come in and help the residents bathe, or do lanudry for them along with many other services, but you only order them as needed. And the prices are very reasonable. Housekeeping comes once a week and her place is always clean and neat. They also have an in house doctor and PT which is super convient. Also they are remodeling the rooms as people leave, so her place has brand new everything....carpet, paint, cabinets, countertops, fridge, etc... we seriously could not be any happier. We would recommend this place to anyone! Thanks Clairmont!

Concerning smell...

The Clairmont's parking lot was uneven and the building outside was not appetizing, but they took good care of the inside. The rooms okay and the dining room was very nice. They had a lot of first-floor things and mother wouldn't want to be on the first floor. Also, they had long smelly halls connecting buildings, if my mother would have moved here, I would be concerned about the air quality.

My Aunt is Doing Great At This Community

Everything is going very well for my aunt with her move to this community. It is a lovely community, and I know she is in a good, safe community. She has gotten involved in the community a little bit, and getting use to the routine around the community. She has a lovely patio that has a great view. They do a great job with the cleanliness. This has been a good move for her. My father said he would even consider living there himself. It is a lovely community,and I would recommend it.

Very Satisfied

We couldn't be any more pleased with my friends move to this community. He is doing very well, and loves this community. They have an amazing staff here, and they have been very helpful, and accommodating. The meals are great. The community is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. This is a community I would highly recommend.

It is working out!!

For the price, The Clairmont was the best around. It is way cheaper than any of the other ones that we toured. When you walk in, its an older place but the people, in general, are all very down to earth. It is a positive atmosphere and the rooms were better than other places. In his apartment, he has a part which he really likes. The only thing my loved one does not like is the food. But other than that it has been a good experience.

Friendly Community

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. The tour went well, and they were very kind to my family and I. The community from what we saw appeared to be well maintained, and clean. The staff was friendly and nice.

The food is great!!

They keep the community and mom's apartment clean. They are very detail oriented. They have daily activities as well as outings for the residents. The entire staff are informative and know mom by name. They are always willing to help. The other residents are nice and mom has made friends.

Super Friendly Community

My mother is still getting adjusted to this community, but so far we are pleased with her move here. Everybody has been super friendly and accommodating. The community is very nice looking, they do a great job with the cleanliness. They have a very understanding staff, and they are very kind. I know she is safe and in good hands here. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out great for us here.

To clairmont staff,your kindness touched my heart thank you for the gifts and i enjoyed meeting [Removed]+[Removed] and fellow residence at meal time.God opened the door for me to make this change in my life without my lifetime-mate(64yrs)I was praying for a miracle and then my daughter found clairmont!my "Thank you" seems so small but it comes from my heart.
P.S.every staff members are beautiful and caring people.

Appearance is always one of the first things one takes note of when seeking a new home for a senior loved one. The Clairmont offers a very comfortable and inviting lobby area as you enter the facility. The apartments offer a variety of choices for nearly any living situation you may need or your loved one. One of the most apparent aspect in choosing The Clairmont is the staff. Meeting and visiting with the various staff members, you quickly see this is more than a job to the staff, it is an opportunity to provide the care for our senior citizens that they deserve. There are enough variety of activities and bus trips to cover just about any activity a senior might want to participate in. The meals provided far exceed anything we could have expected, with a wonderful variety of food to choose from. We had looked at other senior loving facilities and have been completely satisfied with our choice of Clairmont. The Clairmont says "Welcome Home".

The Clairmont community will always hold a special place in my head, heart and especially in my health. When I came to Clairmont community, I had physical problems in need of attention, however, more pronounced were mental, reasoning difficulties in which I had been floundering for years due to medical accident. With luck & guidance from God, I cam to the right place! The Clairmont.

During my first visit, the business and executive staff showed me a place of inclusion, family, warmth and safety; a place to heal. The executive chefs and the young service staff made certain that my diet was healthy and good though I may very well be their first encounter with a vegan vegetarian.

And a special service person, the young woman who cleaned my apartment has made me a better housekeeper for life. With assistance from the Clairmont staff and support from the community, I found medical care, faith and hope that began my return to life. Last week I was given a couple of days physical and mental testing and did very well on all. My physician called yesterday morning and told me I could go back to my home to live along with my 12 cats(my family).

My success in healing I owe to the Clairmont community management, staff and residents and I thank you all.

This letter is to inform you that after extensive testing my primary care physician has given me permission to move back to my home of thirty years.

I will be going home on 31/5/2016. I want to thank the staff as well as the residents of the Clairmont community for their assistance and friendship and for giving me a safe place to heal.I will miss all of you.

I moved my sister into the Clairmont Retirement in July 2016 and it has been one of the most wonderful experience. My sister has difficulty in walking long distances and because of this the community development director, Susan Kinney was able to show us an apartment close to dining and recreation areas. There are many jewels there from management and support staff, wait staff & maintenance. My two jewels are Joanne Green, Director & Susan Kinney. Joanee for her kindness, patience & tenderness towards my sister when she is disagreeable. Susan shared her experience with my sister to help her during her disagreebale periods. I am most grateful to them. I highly recommend the Clairmont. They respect the elders and the adjustment periods the go through

Exceptional in every way! Staff is great and always so helpful. My sister loves living here and that is a big deal. After living alone in her own home for 50 years.
On the very first day she has felt welcome. I love to come visit and take part in the activities. Best place in all of austin!

I am very pleased to be living here at the Clairmont. It has such a friendly, homey feeling. The staff is very nice and helpful, we are family here.

Carson & Joanee Green are the best managers ever. No matter what we needed, they were here to help. Clairmont has a great staff and friendly residents.

Lovely grounds, caring staff; skilled cooks & management; dedicated housekeeping staff; responsive to residents requests.This is the 4th retirement center in which I have lived and it excels. The manager is good, but executive director is purely outstanding.

That Monday, Labor Day, you made time (even when you may have been short of staff due to the holiday), to sit with Mom and try to comfort her until my sister Chris could get there. It made a world of difference both to mom and to chris and I. You were so kind to answer my questions about the stroke assessment and to try to reassure me. You are a huge part of what makes life at the Clairmont supportive and comfortable for mom and all the residents.We are deeply grateful for your kindness and compassion.

Dear Joanne,Your kindness means so much,Thank you.
On behalf of my family, I just want to thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty, to spend time with our mom when she was experiencing such distress with her sudden onset UTI. We know how busy you are, and how much you do for all the residents at the Clairmont.

My husband and I have lived at the Clairmont for 5 years and have felt at home here. Management and staff are excellent and always helpful. Our chef is superb and food is great. We all strive to help make it the friendliest community in Austin.

Where do I start. The Clairmont has made a great difference in my life. My son Jon and my daughter in law Tara found, The Clairmont for me. The very first thing they told me was how friendly everyone was. They brought me to see the Clairmont and it was exactly how they described it to me. All of the staff are gracious and kind and always there to help you in every way. Every day is a good day, I have made many friends here. They offer a wide variety of activities and also fun trips once a month. I know from personal experience that the Clairmont is warm and caring. You were truly feel at home in your new apartment. The Clairmont is the greatest!!

Recently a few months ago, I found myself living alone in 56 years of marriage. My precious love had to go into a long-term living facility (nursing home) for skilled care(Parkinsons Disease - muscle deterioration of muscles. many falls). I feel very safe and secure here at the Clairmont and have so many friends. The meals are so very improved. I see a diet on the horizon(for me that is).

I've been here nine months. I hope to make this my forever home and have many friends and a lovely apartment. Couldn't ask for more. The staff and management are amazing.

This is a lovely place for my sister. The people and staff are so good to her. She loves her studio apartment. She also loves the food and looks forward to mealtime everyday. I enjoy it occasionally too. So glad I found this place for her. Love the staff and management.

I've lived here at the Clairmont for 3 years & I call this place my Home. Hope to spend the rest of my day here with my beautiful yard & really great friends. Maintenance, housekeeping and management are always accommodating to our needs.

The Clairmont is a wonderful community. The managers and residents are all very happy & I truly enjoy the time I spend in this community.

Wonderful community, awesome personnel and beautiful rooms. Very friendly and inviting. I would move my family members to this community.

The Clairmont is a wonderful community for seniors. The management team sets, leads and provides an environment that promotes healthy and enjoyable living for seniors. I highly recommend the Clairmont for any family searching for an IL for a loved one. In addition, the food rate first-class.

My mother in law moved to the Clairmont after living in her home in San Antonio for over 50 years. I have to say, she loves it! My wife and I are also very impressed. We are on first name basis with all the staff as well as many residents. We referred a friend and he moved his Dad into the Clairmont as well and he is a very happy 97 year old! Mary is a picky-eater but she loves the food. Kudos to the Clairmont, Carson & Joanee Green, managers.

I am a Marketing Representative for Edwards Home Health. I was at the Clairmont to present a wellness presentation. As I was getting my material out of my car, I accidentally locked my keep in my car while it was still running. The maintenance man, Don Hinojan jumped at the opportunity to be of great service to someone in need. All the while, helping me with a smile on his face. I am not sure what I would have done had he not stepped into help me. I tried multiple times to pay for his assitance but he refused and said, "Ma'am, it's my job to be of service". What a great example of a great employee

My parents downsized from their large home due to my Dads declining health. They have been at the Clairmont for two years and have been very happy, feel safe and taken good care of. The community is well maintained and has a happy loving staff and management.

My mother was really struggling with living alone and was no longer able to drive. We visited many places before deciding on the Clairmont. I cannot say enough about how her life has changed for the better since moving in. She really enjoys meals and the varied and interesting activities. Dian, the Activities Director and all the staff are friendly and loving. Carson & Joanee Green are wonderful onsite manager and Lisa, Concierge is a doll. The entire staff is wonderful they keep everything clean and bright. Our family always feels welcome, the price is reasonable for all that is included. We are as happy she made this move.

My mother lives at the Clairmont and loves it there. The grounds are well maintained and the accommodation are comfortable & appropriate. The staff makes the Clairmont stand out among the competition particularly the new managers. Carom & Joanne Green. They make each resident feel special & a part of a supportive community. They are the best! The food is exceptionally good. You owe it to our loved one to check the Clairmont out.

I visited the Clairmont and my visit was very pleasant, helpful and useful. Susan, the Sales manager was very accommodating in showing us around. The Community was very nice. The atmosphere was pleasant. The staff was very upbeat and nice. Our entire experience was quite good. If the opportunity came up, I would definitely recommend it to other people.

My mother has lived at the Clairmont for a year and a half. I cannot say enough good things about the management and the facility over all. My mom's health is failing and the management team at the Clairmont went above & beyond their call of duty to help her and prolong her independence for as ong as humanly possible. Carom and Joanne Green, managers have made a lot of improvements and renovations over the past 6 months and they continue to improve the facility. Their tireless work and positive attitude has been a blessing. I highly recommend the Clairmont.

I have lived at the Clairmont for 10 years. I have seen many managers come and go and for the most part they have been good in their own way. The food has been up and down, but overall edible and healthy. Carom & Joanee Green, Current managers are well disciplined and have the philosophy that is needed for the Clarimont plus they are very friendly to us all. They have made quite a few changes which have been for the better overall. Treat staff and friendly.

We moved my parents to the Clairmont Retirement Community over a year ago after looking at numerous facilities and have known from the beginning this was HOME! The warm & welcoming feeling from the staff, residents and management is such a blessing. As with any community there have been management changes but we love the new managers Carom & Joanee! Since their arrival the have had the residents best interest at heart. You can tell when managers love their residents and these two do! There are no words to express my appreciation to them both as well as the entire staff for running such a clean, safe and organized facility. The residents feel safe, loved and have lots of choices to fill their days with fun and friendship. Thank you Carom & Joane for taking such good care of my parents. I highly recommend the Clairmont if your are looking for a place to call HOME!.

I liked the Clairmont. I thought everything looked great and clean. The residents and staff were absolutely friendly and attentive.Apartments were nice size. Dining room was clean, bright and well appointed. What stood out to me was the location and all the apartments are on ground level. No elevators! Plus it was very close to me.

Love the Clairmont! My father moved to the clairmont six months ago after living in the same house in Horide for over 50 years. I visit the Clarimont 4.5 times a week to see my father and to visit the wonderful residents and staff. The onsite health services are a blessing, the food is perfect, staff is always available and pleasant to work with. It is a well maintained property. I love visiting the property, and it feels like the day is not complete when I am unable to step-in to Clairmont.

I left my home to move home, I was not a happy how their sympathy, & kindness, slowly became very content. Now I am happy to say "I love this place so much and this 91 year old lady hope to be here until I go to my heavenly home".

A Good Safe Community For My Mom

My mother is doing well here at this community. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. The staff is great, they have been helpful and friendly. There are activities offered for the residents. The meals are okay. They do a good job keeping the community neat and tidy. I know she is being cared well. This is a nice community and I would recommend.

Give me more!

The community is wonderful and just what my loved one was looking for. The only thing that me and my loved one would like to see is that the community offers more variety of activities. Also the dinner time does not work for my loved one. The community only offers one time to eat and it is to early. Would like to see a variety of times. I would recommend this community to my friends and my family.

This community is worth a look!!

The staff I met during my tour were nice. This is a clean older community that I think could use some updating. Everything was fine with this community. This community does allow pets.

Wonderful environment.

Fabulous staff and happy residents. Food is very good!

Of the Senior living facilities we visited, we liked this the best. Very good diversity of clientele and we love that it is all one story and a fenced in patio area for each apartment is available so our dog could go outside for a while. We like that it is close to stores and restaurants and a major north-south highway for good access to other parts of Austin, and that there is a nice single occupancy neighborhood next door.

Nice place

Our experience with The Clairmont has been a positive one, so far. We're very satisfied!

A Godsend

My mother has been living at the Clairmont for about 2 weeks now. The staff has been most accommodating. They respond quickly to requests for assistance and have all been very pleasant. The location of the facility is good as my mom is close to medical offices, retail, groceries, big box stores, etc. The Clairmont offers transportation to any appointments she has, which is included in the price. She has found that the dining room has its share of hits and misses with the food but she has no major complaints. I've eaten there as well and everything I've had has been fine. The best part is that the residents get three meals/ day with menu options. They also receive snacks, guests are welcome to dine, and there is some flexibility in the dining hours. The price for everything is very reasonable and her location in terms of proximity to me couldn't be better. I don't see how she could have received better value for the money going anywhere else.

Mom's New Home

We love it. Mom has made so many new friends.

Clairmont great place for money

The staff and the menu are excellent. All staff are upbeat and helpful. Food is wonderful. The inside could use some renovating like new carpet and scrape popcorn off ceilings and new lighting chandelier in foyer.

Going pretty good

Things are going pretty good. I would like to spend less money every month. I did this to appease someone in my family. I want something a little less expensive. I just hate to be paying this much when I could be at home.

Nice looking place!

great facility

The facility itself was great. I like the room size they have at the facility. Great common areas. Staff is great and overall, it was just a great fit for my mom. Great Place. Great facility.

Nice place, overall

Overall I've liked what I've seen any time I have visited The Clairmont! It's a clean, nice looking facilty, and the staff is friendly and professional. They've been around quite a while, and they've got a great reputation!

quality control inspection of an independent facility

The Clairmont is not a full pledge independent living place. It's like a stepping stone to assisted living. A small percentage of residents are independent. Sometimes the food is excellent. Sometimes the facility will run out of a food item. The parking lot is not cared for, poorly lit and area is not a safe neighborhood. Once this company has your money 💵 you are no longer special....just a revenue object. The building is out of code.. Needs a major roof/drainage system all throughout the property. The rooms are seriously quiet at night 🌃 a big plus for this lovely ole place. I would fire all the top mgmt. and start over.

Safety

Me knowing that my grandma is well taken care of and has friends and things to do here helps all of us know that she is great.

Wonderful

It is wonderful at The Clairmont. We just love it there.

they genuinely care

The staff at the The Clairmont really genuinely care. They have been very helpful and accomidating, answering all my questions and keeping me well informed on a regular basis. I am really happy with the experience and would certainly recommend them.

Sunshine

Our goal is to have a caring and dedicated Team who puts seniors and the outside community first. We are happy to hear you were able to experience this. We know there are many retirement communities, and we appreciate your recommendation.

Family atmosphere

Great value in a family environment. Each resident can change their backyard the way they would like it, from a fenced yard to birdbaths and plants. Sit down dining with the several options. The $4100 is for two bedrooms, two people and three meals a day seven days a week for both. It is the most expensive unit, and I believe they start at $2950.

Sunshine

Karen, we thank you for sharing your feelings on SeniorAdvisor.com and allowing others to see the value and advantages to choosing The Clairmont. Please let us know if we can provide you anymore information on our Austin retirement community.

Review of The Clairmont in Austin, Tx

This isn't the cruise ship. It isn't the four star hotel. But it's the best place for my 93-year-old father and, since I'm caring for him, for me. The food is plentiful and there are always extra choices. The staff makes the Clairmont have the ambiance of a family-run business. We can modify the yard area to our liking and even the inside of the apartment. There are many choices. It's affordable, and it isn't fancy. Folks who use walkers and wheelchairs are right at home. I'm glad we came. It's far more affordable than our other choices.

Sunshine

Thanks again Karen for your review. Your father is in good hands here at The Clairmont.

We are very impressed.

My loved one really has done very well there. It's very well kept and the staff is very friendly. The price includes meals and housekeeping and transportation if she needs it for doctors appointments. The food is as good as everything else. We are very impressed. The chef is very responsive to special orders. It reminds me very much of a cruise ship mentality. The managers are very personable, they make the folks that live there feel as if it is a family, and they honor your personality with as little or as much interaction as you want. They have those little alcoves to sit, everywhere, and people use them like an extension of their home. It's very well thought out. It's one story, and we looked at this first, and checked out a lot of them. They have new carpet and it's gorgeous inside. We are very happy with it.

Sunshine

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the SeniorAdvisor.com community. Your kind words validate our goal, to make seniors and their family happy with their decision to move into The Clarimont. Please know your loved one is being watched over and cared for by our dedicated staff and live-in managers. If we can do anything to exceed your expectations further, please let us know.

Sunshine

The Clairmont is the best kept secret in Austin.

The Clairmont was a very pleasant living experience for our loved one. The staff was courteous, professional and helpful at all times.

Sunshine

We are honored to be referred to as a "best kept secret." Thanks!

Nice patios

It’s not that it wasn’t clean, but it wasn’t updated – it’s just an older building. What I did like is that there was an outside storage area. Each resident had their own patio. My husband ate there a couple of times and it was very good.

Sunshine

The patios and outdoor areas are definitely a favorite among our residents. They provide privacy when desired, and also are a great place to entertain. We are happy to hear your husband experienced our food program, just one of our all-inclusive amenities. If you are interested in joining us for luck, and sampling our chef-prepared meals, please let us know!

Papa is 93 and this place i...

Papa is 93 and this place is perfect. We know the managers from our previous home, so this is a bonus. They really tried to negotiate the best rent, with a freeze in the best apartment for us. It may not have as many intellectual activities, but it's perfect at the perfect price.

Sunshine

We know how hard it is to find the "right" community for a loved one, and are happy to hear you have selected The Clairmont. Our residents and their well-being are our number one priority and you can be assured your father is cared for here.

Go for it!

Go for it! They only serve white bread and they don’t have a notary public on site. They have a very open and helpful management team! The staff is very friendly. They’re just a very lovely community. Compared to other communities I’ve had experience with, it’s a good value.

Sunshine

Thanks for taking the time to review our community. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

I visited this one on the 5...

I visited this one on the 5th. Older, but well kept location; farthest of the three from my home. Residents were very gregarious while having lunch. Very welcoming environment.

Sunshine

We are sorry to hear our location may have been a deterrent in your loved one joining our community, but thank you for sharing your experience with the SeniorAdvisor.com world. If you would like to join us again for lunch, and revisit The Clairmont, you're always welcome.

Very accommodating

They've done a great job, they provide exceptional care here, I'd give them a 5 out 5. I really feel like they went out of their way to be accommodating, and I really can't think of anything else they could provide that they haven't already.

Sunshine

Thanks! This is music to our ears, and we thank you for sharing your experience.

A Wonderful Change

The residents and staff at the Clairmont are wonderful. It is wonderful the way they make sure Mom is included in the activities. She is very happy here.

Sunshine

We are happy to hear your mom is enjoying living at The Clairmont! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make her experience even better!

Staff makes the difference

After MUCH research while looking for a friendly, affordable living place for my 90 year old mother, I decided to call and visit Clairmont. I remembered them being recommended by several friends whose parents had stayed there.

It is the staff that makes the difference at Clairmont--they are informative, accessible, warm and helpful both to the residents and to the family. Hugs are free :) and there are lots of them. Mom is delighted with her apartment and patio, the staff, the food, and the friends she has made after only a few days--and so are we. She doesn't have time to work the daily puzzle with all her activities there.
Thanks, Clairmont

Sunshine

Barbara, your review made our week!! We are happy to hear you are happy with your decision to move your mother into The Clairmont. Our dedicated and caring live-in staff are available 24/7 and ready with hugs!

Wonderful staff make the Clairmont feel like home

My mom moved in a week ago and is already settling in well because of the wonderful staff who go out of their way to make sure she feels welcome and her needs are met. The staff definitely goes the extra mile in taking care of both physical and emotional needs. I've eaten there many times and have enjoyed the food. Mom has met many very friendly residents as well. I have true piece of mind that my mom is in a safe, reasonably priced place that she has already begun to call home.

Sunshine

We thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the SeniorAdvisor.com community. Let us know if we can do anything to make your experience even better.

If you're looking at The Clairmont, look elsewhere

My 83 year-old father resides at The Clairmont. We selected this facility as his home when he moved to TX in the summer of 2012. We were happy with the facility at first. My father was comfortable in his apartment and he really liked the assistant managers and housekeeping staff. Sadly, problems surfaced soon after he settled in. The biggest, most consistent problem has been with the food. Within weeks of moving in, my father started complaining of the food -- it didn't taste good, he didn't know what they were serving, it made him sick, etc. I complained on my dad's behalf but the manager failed to follow through as she promised. Eighteen months later, the food is worse; the only helpful employees (the attentive and kind assistant managers) were replaced by an assistant manager whose only real skill is to offend and upset people. The persistent problems in the kitchen, maintenance department and management give me no choice but to file a complaint with the county and state inspectors. If that does not correct the problems, I will strongly suggest to my father that we find another facility for him.

Although there are some lovely people living at this facility, I cannot recommend it to anyone until major changes are made!

Sunshine

Thank you for your review and feedback. On behalf of The Clairmont, I am very concerned as we have a wonderful food program and excellent staff. We always respond to any complaints and I will personally see to it that your father is well taken care of.

Please contact me directly via email at DickatSunshineRet.com with your phone number and the best time to reach you, and I will be in touch. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Dick Glaunert
Chief Community and Resident Advocate
Sunshine Retirement Living

Nice looking place, and very personable staff

This was the location we selected for my loved one, and we're pleased with it. It's a nice looking place, it is an older building but they obviously take very good care of it. I liked how it was a single floor, I didn't want my loved one to have to worry about stairs or elevators. The staff were very knowledgeable and knew just the right questions to ask to be able to provide more personal care. They were much more flexible in terms of their care philosophy than other communities we looked at.

Sunshine

We are so glad to hear our friendly staff was one of the many reasons you selected The Clairmont for your loved one. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to exceed expectations of you or your loved one.

The Clairmont has great staff!

From the first contact through A Place for Mom it was instant concern on their side and how they could help me. They reached out to make an appointment at any time and to come by with out one too. I met with one of the managers and she totally got it and was eager to help right away. Her emotional support made it easy for me as well. She showed me several apartments and understood our budget and was willing to work with me.

The people that were living there also reached out and said welcome and all looked very happy to be where they were at.

The apartments was clean and had welcome gifts and ready to go early when we needed to move in ahead of schedule. Great location and excelent food also helped with the trasition.

Financially they were more concerned on getting my folks settled than the paper work side of it all and in fact moved them in prior to the final contract. That showed me that it was more important to settle them than "where is the deposit or bank acct. #"

We have since moved in and been there 2 weeks now and they all know my parents name and apt. # and have assisted in making sure they come to dinner and have what they need.

I can't say enough about the team there as they are in the right place to help others so God bless those who do!

Sunshine

Jana, we can't thank you enough for taking the time to review our community and for your kind words. We know the transition to a retirement community can be a tough process and are happy to hear our Management Team was there to help you! As you experienced, our residents and their families are our number 1 priority here at The Clairmont. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is something we can do to make your parents experience even better!

Excellence at The Clairmont

My sister-in-law who has special needs has lived at Clairmont for the past 2 months. She is happy, well fed, safe, she has friends and activities. She has the bus for long journeys. She is treated nicely and with respect. She is accepted by many and she feels like she has a community to which she belongs.

We are grateful to The Clairmont staff for all they do.

Margo,
We strive to maintain a friendly, safe and warm environment for all of our residents and are so happy your sister-in-law can call The Clairmont 'home'. Thank you for your kind words.

My mother has been living there for j...

My mother has been living there for just over a month. The price was very much a consideration for us, and the very friendly, engaging and family oriented atmosphere was a stand-out for us. The facility is very well-maintained.

My mother is getting three meals a day, even on the weekends and all her bills are included in the one price.

There is definitely a staff on hand for care services that's there for eight hours a day during business hours. The managers on-site are extremely capable and can make the appropriate phone calls to emergency services and to the families right way.

My mom hasn't taken part in any activities yet (she's shy) but there is a wide range of activities offered for both ability and interest.

Two bedroom. Live in manage...

Two bedroom. Live in managers who are in dining room daily getting to know people. Just drop in for lunch. 145 units. 900 square feet 2 bedroom with good floor plan.

Sunshine

We are happy to hear you stopped by and enjoyed lunch with us! You can always find our caring managers around the community, they love making each residents day better.

Tour completed. Facility undergoing ...

Tour completed. Facility undergoing facelift (carpeting and painting) as well as AC being worked on. Staff very friendly and open.

Seemed to have an older feel, like Gr...

Seemed to have an older feel, like Grandma's house. Not as bright. Less grounds available. Not much storage space in rooms or the outside storage. Small 'patio' for each room, just concrete slab and small, no fence.

Sunshine

While our community may not be as new as some of the others in the Austin area, we make up for it with our gourmet chef-prepared meals, wellness and fitness program and dedicated staff. We invite you to visit again, enjoy lunch and fully experience a day as a resident at The Clairmont.

excellent. full kitchenette. one stor...

excellent. full kitchenette. one story, rooms aadequate.management friendly and helpful.

Thanks for your review!

1-bedroom - $1,635 includes transport...

1-bedroom - $1,635 includes transportation, utilities, three meals.

The Clairmont is an affordable all-inclusive retirement community, conveniently located in North Austin and just minutes from shops, restaurants and hospitals. A Sunshine Retirement Living Community, we offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including 3 chef-prepared meals daily, fun daily activities, on-site beauty salon and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow!

In addition to its wonderful location and our gorgeous landscaping, The Clairmont residents enjoy the finest benefits in our affordable community, including: community, such as: *Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy three home-cooked daily meals prepared by our chef, served at your table in our dining room.

*Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including: games, exercise, Wii Bowling, Bingo, movies and much more!

*Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events!

*Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.

*Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our resident mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system.

We would love the opportunity to show you around our beautiful community. Please contact us to schedule a visit and join us for lunch! Find out even more on our Google page: https://goo.gl/vCQdcN