Heritage Woods - Winston-Salem, NC

My Encounter With the Community

I had a tour with the community and they were not impressive at all. The upkeep is not what I would have wanted. They were not suitable for my mom.

[Removed] was very good. He was very thorough. Asked us questions about what we were looking for. Gave a great tour. Definite contender if we can just convince my dad.

Everyone there is amazing!!

My mother's experience since her move has been excellent, we could not be more pleased. The people that work there, no matter what they are doing, from cleaning the floor to the directors, are amazing. We do not have one negative thing to say about them. They have activities for all of the people there. I also like the availability of me signing mom up for assisted living if she needs to. She is going on as independent living which worked out very well so she can stay in the same building and not have to go through that huge transition in another place she is not familiar with. The meals she really very rarely does not like what she had. Overall, I am very pleased with everything.

Nice place!!

I have no complaints about how things went for my mother and I during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them. I would defiantly recommend them to anyone it was just not the place for my mom.

Felt like a nursing home..

The tour guide at Heritage woods was very nice and helpful. When I toured, the room that my mother would have been in would have been downstairs and seemed like a hospital/nursing home more than an assisted living. There was nothing wrong with the place, but it was not what I was looking for.

Mom Loves It Here !

My mother is doing great since her move to this community. She really loves it ! This is a wonderful community, and I'am very pleased with all they have done for my family. I know she is safe, and in good hands at this facility. They have a wonderful staff at this community. They help make to the move, and transition very smooth for us. She is doing very well at this community, and I would recommend it. It is a great community.

Good people good place!

This place was really good with my dad I felt. They just were unable to give him the care that he needed. They did good with getting him transitioned. He was enjoying the meals and getting to know some of the residents.

Independent living + a few home health services < AL costs

I have been thoroughly happy with Heritage Woods for my mom. The meals are excellent and the staff have helped us with anything she needs. My mom is in an independent living apartment, but they have home health people who come in to help her bathe twice a week at a very affordable rate. So much more affordable than AL, and AL services are there when she needs them!

She enjoys the activities and had only one day of that she felt lonely in a month. Lots of music events in the building with some talented folks leading them. Excellent facility!

Valued Opinion

We removed our parents from this facility because they felt as if management was simply treating them, as well as most of their employees as morons. Upper management had their picks as to which residents they acknowledged, comforted, or even showed concern to. Most of the time you could find Director [Removed] along with Dining Service Director [Removed] out back smoking and running down any employee and selected paying resident. My mother informed me of what she'd overheard while exercising around the building. They had also informed me of the rate at which the Afro-American staff is terminated. I found it alarming. It seems to me that Corporate would noticed the high turnover rate and stepped in. But, no such luck. The month of August alone three of my parents friends and previous neighbors moved out too. They have loyal employees leaving and transferring to other properties. Residents with years in Heritage Woods, whom loved to call it home, leaving. Dedicated employees with more than 15 years tenure released without probable cause. Dedicated newly hired staff fired as well. What may work for some, most definitely didn't hold well with my parents.

Heritage Woods

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about you and your parent’s experience at our community. Your input and the feedback from all of our residents, their families, and our associates is vitally important to us as we strive to create a warm, secure and friendly environment for everyone in our community. I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail. Please contact me directly at [removed] Ext. 111, or by email at [removed].

Sincerely,
Tammy Martin
Executive Director
Heritage Woods

Great Care

My father is doing very well here. I really like the fact that the staff was friendly and was able to meet all the requested we needed. This community is very well known in the community. We found the community to be very clean and taken care of. The meals are excellent. My brother is offered alot of various activities. My family recommends this for a great value and great care for loved ones.

Good group of people!

This is a good place. I really enjoy them. The reason why I wanted my loved ones to go here is because when I first walked in this community the staff was great. I am a good judge in character. They offer a lot of activities for the residents as well. The only reason why we had to move was because my loved one needed more care.

Very old....not well kept.

Happy at Heritage Woods

Felt at home here from the first day. So did our cat, who explored the apartment, found her special spots, and moved right in. Very convenient location, close to doctors, hospitals, and shopping. We find plenty to do (love the drama club), the staff are endlessly patient and wonderfully caring people, and the food is both wholesome and tempting. The flexible meal plans are very convenient. The 24-hour front desk attendant makes us feel safe and secure. Assisted living is conveniently located in the building for future needs. We love it. 5 stars from us.

I would recommend Heritage Woods!!

Mom is slowly getting accustomed to living at this community. The staff is friendly and mom likes them. They only issue mom has is that one of the nurses discusses personal information in front of the other residents. She is enjoying most of the food. She is not yet participating in any of the activities offered. The community is clean and they offer places to sit outside to enjoy the grounds.

Good future choice

We loved it, but it was farther away for me from where I wanted to look. If he were able to go to more independent living I would look into this, I was really impressed with it. It was very upscale, a lot of things to do there and with independent living I think he could have gotten out a little more and the kind of people there were not as debilitated.