Mallard Ridge - Clemmons, NC

I wasn't impressed. It was very big, noisy, and impersonal. The person I met with had to look up basic info, such as costs, which should have already been done, since I had a scheduled appointment. They don't have a current available room, anyway, but I wouldn't consider it if so due to its size and more remote location.

After the Tour

The community I saw is very nice and we would have gone with them but we got a better deal from a different community. It was a substantial difference. The tour I had was really nice.

She Is Eating Very Well

My mother is happy with this community and they are caring for her very well. The community is very well-kept, they keep everything nice and clean. The staff has been very welcoming and helpful. They do offer a lot of activities for the residents to choose from. She enjoys the activities very much. She loves the food, she is eating very well. We are pleased with this community and I would recommend it.

so glad I made the choice to have her here

I am very happy with Mallard Ridge. The only issue I've had is when I first moved her in I wanted the maintenance to help her hang her pictures and that never happened. Other than that she is active, she is getting three meals a day. I am really happy with the results. I am very pleased with this facility. I am so glad I made the choice to have her here.

I'm very pleased..

I'm very pleased with the Mallard Ridge. It's real close to my house, which is convenient. I had visited several facilities and the Mallard Ridge was the best. It was also the cleanest. They do their best to take care of their patients. I would recommend this facility to anyone. It has been a really good experience. My father seems happy and comfortable here. It was a good selection. We are really pleased.

I'm real pleased with the workers there.

I'm real pleased with the workers there. They pay a lot of attention to my husband. They know him by his name. He is real comfortable and he likes it. I wish there was some way he can get more exercise. I feel like he's not getting as much as he should. The only negative comment I have is that I would like more attention to his personal hygiene. They do a good job at shaving his face but I would like it if they could remind him to brush his teeth.

Would not recommend

Our experience with Mallard Ridge was not a good one. We had multiple instances of them losing our loved one's possessions, including things like a pair of shoes as well as his hearing aid. Based on our experience I would not recommend them to other families.

Good Choice

My father was at the facility for only a few months before he needed skilled nursing care but everyone there was always friendly and attentive to his needs. I looked at more than a dozen facilities before choosing Mallard Ridge. I appreciate the care they gave my dad.

Mallard Ridge Clemmons Is Great

Mallard Ridge is a first class facility. The staff go out of their way to make everything about the assisted living experience easy for the residents and their families.

My mother is receiving wonderful care from people who
are interested in her well being. The staff interacts constantly with the residents as people, who deserve care and respect.

The most notable things about Mallard Ridge are the smiles : RESIDENTS AND STAFF!

MY mother is happier, healthier and safer than she was at
home.

Recent transition

Mom has been here for a month and I have no complaints. She is clean, she is able to wander through the halls at her leisure. Staff have been friendly and supportive.

Really helpful, good staff

Everything can't be perfect, we know that, but it's good. As far as I know the staff has been a 5 to me, everything I talk about they've taken care of. My mother, she don't get involved in the activities as much as I'd like for her to, I think maybe later she'll get accustomed to them. They contact her everytime they have some type of activity, she loves bingo, but sometimes she'll play and sometimes she don't.
This was the most convinient and the people were really helpful. As far as I know, unless something drastic happens today, everything is fine.

Good facility, clean and a ...

Good facility, clean and a flurry of activity. I saw more employees at this location than anywhere else I visited. Somewhat out of the way but I think this may be the best care facility. 1 CNA per 8 patients in the alzheimer's care unit.

Mallard Ridge Assisted Living is a wonderful independent living community to come home to. We are conveniently located in northern Davidson County of North Carolina and can easily be reached by way of Lexington and Winston-Salem. Our beautiful site offers a calm, serene setting, while also being near a number of activities in the community. Our staff works diligently to provide elderly care for various patients. We specialize in AlzheimerÆs, dementia, and even sponsor a Respite Care, or short stay, program. There is a trained nurse on site and staff able to meet the various needs of our residents. We make things easier with a 24-hour pharmacy service and home health services that offer assistance in any daily living activities. There is even a beauty salon and barber on site! While coming home is a pleasure, getting out should be fun as well. We are are located right next to the Boone Golf Course and the New River. A little further down is the Boone Heights Shopping Center and mall. We can ensure your loved ones will enjoy coming home afterward and will feel comfortable in our safe, secure environment. We fit anyone's lifestyle and will continue to succeed in providing an excellent level of care and comfort.