Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem - Winston-Salem, NC

Loved this place, [name removed] very nice, larger facility, plenty of activity rooms and pet friendly. May the community fee is free can be negotiated after it seemed like. Care costs vary on level, $810 a month to dispense insulin and other meds, does not accept Medicaid.

Has Had Some UPs and Downs

Mom is overall doing well since moving here. She is doing some of the activities and going to events. Along with that, she is receiving some physical therapy. The staff here overall are very nice and doing the best they can I feel the community could use more staffing to lessen the burden of the ones that are there now. The food is the good mom has never been one to be a picky eater. The community is kept very clean and well light and the temperature is always just right.

Nice Tour!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where very professional throughout our visit and I did not feel pressured. They where also informative on everything they had to offer as well as answer any questions we had for them in detail. It just came down the location and availability in the end decision and this was not the right fit.

Staff Is Friendly

We toured this community and it seemed really nice. The staff was friendly and very welcoming. The appearance of the community was very good clean and well-maintained The sales department was very helpful providing us with pricing and availability information.

Helpful Staff!!

I recently had taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things went. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available for all of the residents. I liked that the staff did not pressure us into anything and was able to answer of our questions that we had for them in detail. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

[Removed], I went on the Wed. tour. The place is great and facilities are very efficient. All in all I would consider this for my sister. Keep it on the list for sure. I am going to see Brookdale 6-28th. Then we will talk and compare. Thank you so much for your help.
LaVonda

Did not workout...

My mother was at Brighton Gardens for 24 hours before leaving. There were a certain series of events that happened that made it not work out, but I feel that I would still recommend them to anyone looking because of they were good to us.

Usually very pleased

Normally things are good when I visit.During my visit today however, there was no toilet paper in my mother's bathroom and her room smelled of urine due to the dirty laundry that hadn't been washed. The aide working today immediately resolved the issue when I brought it to her attention. They usually do very well but I was little disappointed during my visit today.

Facility had smells throughout. Carpet was dirty. Model that we were shown needed cleaning and deodorizing. Residents seemed to just go through daily routine without outward signs of being satisfied with care.

Very nice!

My tour of the Brighton Gardens of Winston- Salem went very well. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. We really liked the place but the reason we did not choose it was because of location. My parents wanted to be closer to my sister.

This place is really nice and we enjoy it. The people have been very accommodating. They answered all questions that we had. We liked the community and all that it had to offer. This is just a better fit for dad since they offer the things that he needs.

Wonderful Staff!!

My father's stay at this community has been very enjoyable. The Staff are very attentive and keep him safe. The meals prepared for him are very balanced and delicious i tried them myself during my tour. I was very impressed with the cleanliness at this place. I would defiantly recommend them to a friend!

Poor Communication!!

My mother's stay at this community was good but could have been better. The lack of communication from the staff was the overall worse part of our experience with the Brington Gardens of Winston-Salem. The nurses were friendly and kind to my mother while she was there. One thing that really bothered my family and i was that the patients would roam around the building and sometimes go into my mother's room. I wish the facility was divided better between the patients who needed constant attention vs the ones who need it less.

Sunrise Senior Living

Very friendly...very interested in learning about my mother. Very helpful with onboarding and details of transfer from rehab.

Mrs. [Removed]

Today is probably not the right day to do this review because I am very very concerned & upset because my Mother fell in the bathroom at approximately 12::30 AM, then laid in the floor for 2 hours yelling for help and trying to find the cord to pull so a nurse could come & help her. Though I find all the staff very kind & acomadating, I see room for improvement. I don't understand why someone is not checking on the residences at least once every hour. My mother is 99% blind and she has a lot of health issues. I also don't like the fact that a nurse came into my mothers room and woke her up on two different occasions and proceeded to tell her to roll over and without any explanation just jerked her pants down and proceeded to clean her and change her pull ups. Mom is very good about washing every night before going to bed. She tried to tell the nurse this and was ignored. The nurse was ruff and told her it was the law & had to be done to watch for infection. I complained to management on both occasions. When that same nurse came in the thrid time my Mother told her to get out, don't touch me & don't come back. I don't blame her. She did not treat her with dignity or respect, Which is something you pride yourselves on.
Her roommate is not very commutative during the day but talks a lot at night. That's not so bad, but when the staff comes in to bathe her every morning this lady cries out in pain & moans continuously. Mom says they are ruff with her. This bothers and concerns me because if they have to bathe my Mom then are they going to be ruff with her too. Right now she's handling her own bathing or has been. Now that she's got a broken arm she's going to need more help. I'm there just about every day but when I go back to Oklahoma I don't want to have to worry continuously about Mom's care & happiness.
I was so proud of Brighten Gardens when we found it & even more pleased that there was a vaccancy. I think Mom's definitely in the right facility, we just need to tweak a few things to rreally make it home for her. I thank you in advance for your attention to these matters. Your staff is the nicest of any place I've ever been to me & to Mom as far as I can tell. I just want to know it's the same way when I'm not around. I want to believe it is because they genuinely seem to care about Mom.

Elated then Deflated

When first bringing my Mom to Brighton Gardens, I was sure that this would be her forever home. It is beautiful, no doubt. She loves her private suite. But as time as gone by, we have been told things by staff that have not been true repeatedly, which have directly affected my Mom's health and emotional well-being and have caused great distress and depression. Also, the cost is very much higher that we were first quoted, which was one of the reasons we wanted her here. Many disappointments, but the Care Managers are wonderful. Most times when a request for a nurse is needed and she is in the building and it is urgent, it is generally ignored. This has happened with MedTechs also. Often I have noticed no one out on the floor and have knocked on the Medication Room door to find it full of people laughing and having a good time. Is that where all our cost is going, untruths from Assisted Living staff stretching over almost four weeks now and CM's closed up in a room when needed elsewhere? Sorry to sound so harsh, but I have been personally hurt because of seeing my Mom treated the way she has been. Originally I would have given Brighton Garden 4 Stars and am being nice by giving it 3 and a half.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

We are pretty happy with them.

We are pretty happy with them. Every place is very expensive, and sometimes you aren't sure that they are getting everything. Nowhere is perfect. They have been friendly and helpful, and they make sure he is fed. We are overall pretty happy with them.

A home like community!!

This is a smaller community and it feels like you are at home. The staff are good with my mom and are trying to help her become more involved in some of the activities they offer. The food is average and I would recommend this community.

Sing A Longs

We are really happy with everything they have done for us here at Brighton Grandens. They have been wonderful with all the help they have been giving us and helping out with my mother the staff is great. Great activities for the residents my mother loves going down for the sing a longs. The food is outstanding my brother and wife has gone and had dinner with her and they loved the food. Everything looks amazing I would recommend this community.

Absolutely wonderful 4+ stars

The Brighton Gardens of Winston is absolutely wonderful 4+ stars! Everybody from the administration to the staff have been very caring and very personable nobody is off limits when it comes to helping everyone is always willing to help.

It's a very good place. I trust them with my father.

It's a very good place. I trust them with my father. I feel confident that he is well taken care of. The staff is very pleasant. Everybody there is happy. They are always smiling. Nobody seems upset. The communication with the staff has been good. I have eaten here before and the food is very good. I would recommend the Brighton Gardens of Winston to anyone looking for a friendly and good community.

Compassionate caring is not a high priority here at Brighton Gardens. Also, their response time to resident needs is hit or miss. The management is open to taking concerns, however, issues are not remediated and you have to constantly be "on them" to ensure that your relative receives the compassionate care that you expect (and that they promote in their advertising and when visiting). We are in the process of removing my relative from this place.

The staff seems attentive to the residents, with good attitudes, and genuine caring. It took a couple of days to get the weight monitoring going, but now I have confidence medical needs are being met. I would rate food good to very good. My Dad says his health has improved since being here, which says a lot. Some difficulty getting info needed for benefits, but ok now. I would definitely recommend.

Extremely Helpful

They were extremely helpful in making the process work. The staff worked well with me. My loved one is well taken care of and happy. The Brighton Gardens of Winston is great. I would recommend this place.

WOW!!!!!!

I was very impressed with my moms facility, including all of the highly trained staff that have been unbelievably outstanding with her care. The nurses, staff and doctors were professional and actually made a lot of noticeable achievements in her care. Mom has been a resident to a few other places, and this by far is the greatest staff out of all the others.

Very nice place!

Overall things seem to be going well at Brighton Gardens. My loved one is in their Reminiscence ward, and I think they do a great job. The ward has great staff coverage during the day, and they are all extremely pleasant and respectful towards the residents. We have had to hire some supplementary care to come in at night, as they just do not have enough people to keep a close eye on my loved one at night.
The facility itself is clean, and the staff always respond promptly to any problems that come up. They also have an adorable Yorkie that lives on the floor, and he always brightens my day when I visit!

Confidence

My husband has been in the Reminiscence Wing for less than two months. He has a form of dementia, with zero short term memory as a result of a massive stroke over 4 years ago. He has also been a hospice patient since March.

I found that the choice of Brighton Gardens, which I had toured in February, was the logical choice for placement for my husband during this last period of his life.

The staff has been wonderful working with someone who has special needs. I am glad of the choice I made and would not hesitate to recommend them.

This was a very nice place.

This was a very nice place. I looked around, it was clean and the staff friendly. It was more independent and didn't really suit our needs. We were coming from a similar community, and were looking for more care. Very nice though.

Brighton Gardens - A Really Great Place

This is day 8 at Brighton Gardens and all the staff there have been fantastic to work with.

They do a great job.

They do a great job. The staff is friendly, and it's clean. The price is reasonable, the only charge I think is too much is medication management. They have a lot of activities. I would say the food is good, but the service needs to be improved, there are a lot mix up as far as who ordered what. If they could get the orders right they would be top notch! One of the main reasons I picked them is they offered O.T. and P.T. on site.

Generally pleased after 6 weeks

I moved my mom in early in 2014. Brighton Gardens is a more attractive facility than her previous home. The move-in process was very efficient. There have been a few minor problems with the care managers, but I am there every day to be sure everything is okay. Mom chooses to not participate in many of the activities, so I can't comment on those. There is currently a virus outbreak in the facility, and they seem to be taking the proper steps to control the problem.

I have had a hard time with communication

I have had a hard time with communication, the marketing side was always ready to take my call but getting in touch with a nurse is much more difficult. There are a lot of little hidden charges. They said they encourage the residents to come to meals, but fail to mention the encouragement is charging six dollars everytime to bring up a meal. They do an evaluation every thirty days of each resident and I can't get anyone to get back to me about this. All of the food is sodium free and low fat.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact us at [information] at [sunriseseniorliving] dot com so that we can learn more. - The Sunrise Team

Brighton Gardens in Winston-Salem, NC

The staff at Brighton Gardens has been professional and helpful from the very first day I visited the facility. My father and stepmother did not want to move from their home, but both are suffering with dementia. Both of them say everyone at Brighton Gardens is patient and kind. It has been a difficult move for my stepmother, but everyone has been supportive of her and our family.

LOVED IT

LOVED IT

very nice, expensive

very nice, expensive

Immaculate. Very nice. Very large. Fr...

Immaculate. Very nice. Very large. Friendly staff. Memory care available. It would be like living in a 5 star hotel.

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.

Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem is a gorgeous assisted living community nestled in the suburban community of Winston-Salem, NC. While it's tempting to stay home and enjoy the amenities that Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem offers, there's plenty to do in Winston-Salem and the surrounding area.

City Information

Winston-Salem was founded in 1913 when two neighboring cities of Winston and Salem decided to merge. Although the merger was not made official until 1913, the two historic cities were referred in tandem as far back as the 1880s. Today the city is considered the 5th largest city in North Carolina and notable for its fine arts and technological research programs. Find out why Winston-Salem was voted one of the top 10 places to retire.

- Walkability Score: 45 out of 100. Residents will be dependent on cars or other transportation

- Bike Score: 43. The city is somewhat bike-friendly with mostly flat, minimal bike lanes

- Average Weather: Winston-Salem has an average maximum of 78 degrees Fahrenheit in August and minimum of 42 degrees Fahrenheit in January

- Average Age in Zip Code 27106: 35 years old

- Number of Senior Housing Facilities: There are four senior living communities in Winston-Salem, NC

- Senior Center: There are five senior centers in Winston-Salem, NC. The closest one to Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem is Senior Services, Inc.The city also offers Piedmont Plus Senior Games and Silver Arts, which is a wellness and education program keeping seniors active and social

- Veteran's Facilities: The VA Winston-Salem Regional Benefit office is a 13-minute drive. In addition to the American Legion, it also offers special interest support groups for local area veterans

Transportation

There are many transportation options for seniors in Winston-Salem, NC without a car.

- Buses: The Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation (PART) is the regional bus service. It also offers a vanpool program.

- Senior Transportation: Forsyth County offers a publicly-funded, wheelchair accessible transportation service called Trans-AID which helps seniors and persons with disabilities. There is a $1 fee per ride for the service. For persons receiving Medicaid, they can utilize the Medicaid Transportation Unit.

- Public Ride Sharing Programs: Uber and Lyft are available.

Shopping and Entertainment

Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem residents can enjoy a multitude of dining and entertainment options in the area. They can even get shopping and dining discounts through the Black Phillips Smith Government Center which offers a discount card for seniors over 60.

- Clothing Stores: The Reynolda Manor Shopping Center offers all your favorite brands

- Grocery Stores: Nearby supermarket Lowes Foods is the perfect place to stock up

- Restaurants: Seniors can enjoy all their favorite chain and fast food restaurants just a half mile away, including Wendy's, Jimmy John's and KFC. For those who want to splurge, nearby Tequila Mexican Restaurant or Kotta Japanese Grill are good options

- Hair Salons: SuperCuts is just 0.6 miles from Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem

- Movie Theaters: The AMC Classic Winston-Salem 10 provides the latest Hollywood hits

- Bowling: Join a bowling league at nearby Northside Lanes, just an 8-minute drive

- Libraries: Reynolda Manor Branch Library, part of the Forsyth County Library System, offers fun activities for the entire community

- Legal Services: The Wake Forest University School of Law is down the street from Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem and has an Elder Law Clinic which provides free legal services to local low-income residents over 60

The Great Outdoors

For residents who enjoy keeping active, there are a number of beautiful public parks to visit in the nearby vicinity.

- Polo Park and Recreation Center: This is the nearest park to Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem and is open weekdays. Polo Park offers sports fields, a gym, a computer lab and even a kitchen and meeting rooms

- Bethabara Park: The Bethabara Greenway Trail offers three miles of exploration. This historic 1753 Moravian site has a reconstructed village and church

- Golf: Old Town Club is a private golf course just 7 minutes away. It was established in 1939 and designed by famous architect Perry Maxwell

- Tennis: Wake Forest Tennis Center has 13 outdoor courts and eight indoor courts

Health and Safety

Prospective Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem residents can rest assured that Winston-Salem, NC offers health and safety provisions for the community.

- Hospital: Wake Forest Baptist Health is the nearest hospital.

- Pharmacy: The Harris Teeter Pharmacy is the closest pharmacy to Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem.

- Police: The Winston-Salem Police Department is 4.5 miles from Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem. Winston-Salem residents have a 1 in 23 chance of becoming a victim of a crime

- Fire Station: Winston-Salem Fire Station 8 is .8 miles away and ready to serve

Religious Institutions

For devout residents, there are many places to worship in Winston-Salem, NC and the nearby area.

Christian Religious Institutions in Winston-Salem, NC:
- Baptist: College Park Baptist Church
- Catholic: St. Leo the Great Catholic Church
- Episcopal: St. Timothy's Episcopal Church
- Lutheran: Lutheran Church - The Ephiphany
- Methodist: Maple Springs United Methodist Church
- Non-Denominational Christian: Calvary Chapel of Fellowship Winston-Salem
- Presbyterian: El Buen Pastor Presbyterian Church

Non-Christian Religious Institutions in Winston-Salem, NC and neighboring areas:
- Buddhist Priory: Wat Lao American Buddhist Center in Archdale, NC.
- Hindu Temple: BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir Hindu Temple in Greensboro, NC