Heritage Green - Mechanicsville, VA

Heritage was one of the smaller of th care facilities that I visited but that was one of the reasons i liked it. Sometimes in a bigger facility, there's more of noise and hustle and bustle. It was about 15 minutes from my home. It has only 16-18 beds on memory care unit, i believe. Residents rooms can be shared where there are two people in the same room or they can have a single room. They have single rooms that come with or without a kitchenette area. The residents can bring their own TzV for their room. They have a large community area when they can play games or watch TV. They have skilled nurses available in the day and CNA and MED TECHS in the evening and night hours.

Review of Heritage Green

My mom has lived in this community for over a year. It's clean, the food is good and all of the staff is friendly and efficient! They are very attentive to the residents, keeping the residents busy with activities inside the facility as well as taking them on outings to shop, their favorite restaurants or just for ice cream! We have been pleased with our Mom's care. Thank you Heritage Green for all you do!

Review of Heritage Green

Friendly staff and a very clean environment

Excellent facility

From the moment my wife and I walked in the door, we knew Heritage Green would be the perfect place for my mom. She's been there 5 months now and we couldn't be happier. The staff is very caring and accommodating and the facilities are always clean and well maintained.
As in any business, the personality of the business starts at the top and Heritage Green has an excellent director who is always available to address any concerns we may have.

Most Understanding Staff

As a family, we love the place, however, mom is having a difficult time adjusting to the place, in fact, we are going to be moving her to the memory care side this week. Due to her mental status, my mom will say that the staff is being unkind to her not treating her well but when I call or question the staff when I am there and that is on a regular basis they will assure me that nothing had happened and she was fine.
Since mom won't get out of bed the staff brings her meals to her room. The location of the community is perfect it is in my hometown. The one thing that made me feel good about this place it is one story so in case there was some sort of emergency there shouldn't be a hold up of getting people out.

We fell in love with Heritage Green! We had a wonderful, informative tour and left feeling very confident that we have found the best place for my Mother-In-Law. We learned from [Removed] that there had been a re-model, and we saw what a wonderful transformation had occurred when we toured. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and the residents seemed genuinely at ease and happy. We feel we have found a place with a family atmosphere that is not far from our own home. We will be speaking with my mother-in-law this weekend to share what we have found. We are excited about the possibilities!

Very Happy with Decision

My mother has been a resident of Heritage Green Assisted Living for almost 2 weeks. So far everyone has been very friendly and welcoming. The meals she is being served are awesome. There has been entertainment just about everyday since she has been there, which has made this transition easier for her. Her bed is made and the bedroom, bathroom and facilities are very clean. The nursing staff has gone above and beyond to make her feel welcome and make sure her needs have been met. I am very happy with the decision we have made as a family to move her to Heritage Green.

Excellent place for your loved one!

My husband lived at Heritage Green for his final 2 years in the memory care unit. From the first day I visited I found the facilities clean and the staff friendly. I visited almost every day and the facilities continued to be clean and the staff friendly but also caring and compassionate. The staff, residents and their families became our family and support. With the help of hospice he was well cared for until his final hour. I would highly recommend Heritage Green to anyone looking for memory care in this area. Their newly renovated and added construction make it a beautiful place to live and visit.

The Staff is wonderful and caring here.

Love the staff.

Heritage Green is a wonderful home for your loved ones

The first experience that I had with Heritage Green was when my stepmom lived there due to Alzheimer's. The staff were all experienced with the treatment and care of someone with Alzheimer's. They truly treated her with dignity and always made her feel like a lady. The Alzheimer's unit was always clean, bright and cheerful. My father visited her daily and became very close with the staff. Knowing the extreme loss and sadness my father felt after her passing, Chris (the director) asked if he would like to volunteer a couple of days a week. Thanks Chris!!! Dad became a visual presence, greeter, visitor to the other clients there, but mostly he had purpose in life again and formed loving relationships with the whole staff.
A few years after the passing of Marian, Dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. My sister and I couldn't have had a better support system!! In a week he was now living at Heritage Green. Dad received EXCELLENT care by all. His room and bathroom were cleaned daily. His laundry done when needed. Someone would take him to his doctor appointments if my sister or I couldn't. He loved it there. He felt like he was home.
My sister and I were always kept up to date on everything that was going on with him. Every caregiver made sure that we were included with his care. Dad transitioned there surrounded by all of the people he loved. He always wanted to transition at home and he did!
If you are looking for a clean and loving home for your loved one where they will be treated with dignity, caring, love and eat great food, Heritage Green IS the place.
I can't thank them enough for what they did for my dad in his final months or how much they helped my family. I LOVE Heritage Green and ALL of the loving and caring people there. And yes, they became my family too!

Overview of Heritage Green at the 1 year move-in anniversary

Heritage Green Assisted Living Facility has been a blessing from God that has enabled my mother to transition to being a widow after the death of my father, whom she was married to for over 65 years. We have passed the 1 year anniversary move-in and now have a core understanding of how the facility works. The building is always clean, does not smell of urine or disinfectant either. It smells like any home would that is well maintained- clean and fresh. Safety is always a priority and we never worry about if our mother is not being cared for, accounted for and comfortable. She is always happy and engaging in the various daily activities from spiritual to recreational (even though she has been diagnosed with moderate dementia). The people working there are now a part of our family and I can't imagine this season of life without their knowledge, support, attention to detail and love. The price is definitely comparable if not slightly more affordable than several other AL facilities in the surrounding counties. Mother is well fed, appropriately given medicines and healthcare each day consistently. The family is notified in a reasonable time period whenever a concern arises. The marketing director is a delight and diligently worked to ensure that mother would be comfortable with this move and continues to stay in touch with my family. Three main priorities for our family when surveying facilities were that mother would be safe, cared for in a loving environment, and that she would be comfortable living out the remaining years God gives her---we have found the perfect place for her at Heritage Green.

Heritage Green - quality care.

Heritage Green has a home-like feel that really made the adjustment for my father so much easier. The friendly staff and variety of activities keeps him more active and socially involved than he was living alone in his own home. He constantly raves about the "great meals" and how "nice everyone is." I have noticed a marked improvement in his temperament since he has resided at Heritage Green. I definitely recommend Heritage Green to any senior needing quality care and living assistance.

Highly recommended

As a healthcare provider in the area, I have the privilege of visiting numerous facilities in the greater Richmond area. I frequently get asked "where would I move my parents if they needed assisted living?" Heritage Green would be on the top of the list for several reasons. First and foremost are the employees that treat the residents like part of the family. The facility is a good size as everyone knows each other and it does not feel institutional at all. Heritage green does a great job with activities that interest the residents. Once the renovation is complete, this will also be one of the best facilities in terms of rooms and amenities. I recommend anyone that is looking at alfs to visit Heritage Green.

So far we are pleased!!

My mother in law likes most of the food at this community. They offer a nice variety of choices. The community is undergoing construction and they keep the community very clean. They have many activities. The staff are nice and I would recommend this community.

Gretchen Vakiener

Thank you for taking the time to review Heritage Green. We are thrilled you would recommend us and consider that the greatest compliment you could give! Please let us know if there is anything we could do to improve your Mother-in-Law’s dining experience. As you probably know, we do have monthly Resident Council and Food Committee meetings. I’m also excited to share that we had a new Chef start on November 1st and I know that he’ll want to earn that 5th Star!

I had a tour appointment with Holly who was not available. Sandra gave me a brief tour. Due to a renovation of part of the building, her office was moved to the recreation room. The facility had a hospital smell and no unoccupied models were available to show. Overpriced.

Gretchen Vakiener

We are really sorry that you had such a negative first impression of Heritage Green. The renovations have definitely created some challenges for us, but that is certainly not an excuse. I do hope you will reach back out to the Marketing team. Our model apartments are completed and it would be our pleasure to give you the “grand tour.”

The community is spotless!

Heritage Green is a very impressive community. I am very satisfied with the care that they are providing for my mother. The staff does very well with communicating and updating the family with my mother's care needs. Heritage green offers a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. My mom has no complaints about the food.

Father has faired better at HG than at home

Our family had started looking for assisted living facilities in Mechanicsville which would be close to my sisters for our parents. When mother passed away in 2014 and Dad had remained at home with caregivers, it became apparent that he needed to be cared for in a facility 24x7. After being hospitalized twice that year within 3 weeks time, we had him discharged to Heritage Green where we had reserved a room months before. Since moving him there, he has been well cared for, has not returned to hospital, has done very well and seems to enjoy the activities on the assisted living side of HG. The staff takes very good care of him and I have been very relieved since we moved him there in 2014. It seems to be a good fit and now they are adding to the facilities and will provide new rooms for new residents soon.

great place for seniors

Loved this assisted living memory care. she was always clean even had her nails painted. The staff very kind and patience. Always informed of my moms condition and changes. Had to move her due to diminishing funds. I have nothing but wonderful things to say for them. Thanks words aren't enough!

Wouldn't have been the best fit for mom

It's half Alzheimer's/memory loss and half assisted living and I just didn't get a good feel, it was like a bedroom with a bathroom with 2 people in it and that just wouldn't have been a good fit for my mom.
I've heard pleasant things about it, I think if you have someone that has Alzheimer's, I think that would be a good fit, but on the assisted living side-the people when we toured were just as sweet as they could be and everybody seemed knowledgeable and caring and very clean, all the things you look for-when you went into the rooms it was kind of dark, two ladies in the room and for my mother, that was not what she needed

Heritage Green Assisted Living is a Licensed assisted living facility with a secured Memory Care unit. We are located just minutes away from Memorial Regional Hospital and physician offices.

For more than 7 years families have named Heritage Green Assisted Living as the residence that provides a standard of living deserved by their loved ones. What makes us so special? Some say it's our commitment to senior independence; others say it's the individualized care provided by our compassionate staff.

Featuring both private and companion accommodations, Heritage Green insures that our residents enjoy three delicious meals everyday in our beautiful dining rooms. What's more, we provide individualized care and assistance in a homelike setting, while maintaining each resident's maximum independence.

Peace of mind comes to our residents and families at affordable rates. There are no lifetime deposits, no long term leases, and no complicated rate structure. If you're a senior or have a senior family member that could benefit from our unique mix of security, independent living, privacy and companionship, why not contact us?

Like so many others, we're sure you'll find our community the place where physical and social well being are paramount; the place that makes life in the golden years a little more golden.

Come Visit Us...and Stay a While!