Sunrise of Richmond - Richmond, VA

A great place love the idea of a one floor for everything. [name removed] was very helpful and gave me a things to think about. I can see my mom being here.

I was very impressed with Sunrise of Richmond. The approach to care stood out (in a good way) among the communities I have toured.

Had A Very Cozy Feel

This community was very nice. The community was very lovely clean and well maintained. It was a one-story building which was nice that everything is on one level. The staff was very nice and friendly very helpful on the tour. The residents that we saw and spoke too seemed to enjoy living there.

Mom is starting to be involved

My mom who is 93 is slowly adjusting to her move here. The staff has been very good in making sure that she is taking part in many of the activities here. She enjoys going to the dining room at mealtime and she likes sitting at different tables and meeting the different residents here. We feel that this community has more of a homey feeling it is a smaller community and has been a good fit for my mother.

Used Respite Care

We had used this community respite care services while we had gone on vacation and my mom had a good time. Mom said the staff was really good very friendly and kind. She said she liked the food most of the time it wasn't like our home cooking but it was good. The community was nice very clean. Mom is not one to do activities but that didn't stop the staff from trying to get her to join in which was good. I felt very comfortable with her staying there and we would recommend them to anyone.

Nutritious Meals!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she has made the move into this community. My mom seems to be enjoying the nutritious meals they are providing during her dinning experience as well as a few of the activities. The staff are friendly and I am comfortable with the care they are providing her. Overall things are going well and I would recommend it to anyone.

Fine Tour, but Not The Right Fit For My Mother

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. Overall my tour was fine, but I did not feel my mother was ready for this type of care. The staff was fine, and kind. The community looked nice, but it was not the one for my mother, and her needs.

Open to suggestion.

Sunrise has done everything we have asked them to. I think the environment is very positive and seems to be functioning professionally. I think anything we have asked them to improve upon, they have done it. My mother-in-law attends therapy and it seems to be working for her. Sunrise was a good fit for her because it was within her price range and the ideal space she wanted.

I highly recommend this place!!

I really liked this place more than any others that I had looked at for my mother. They really had amazing things to offer all of there residents and had one of the cleanest facilities . The downstairs lobby felt like my mothers living room and that was thing I was most impressed with is how at home I felt. Unfortunately my mother refused to move out of her home but if she did this would absolutely be the place I would choose for her.

Very homey atmosphere. Smaller community with nice outdoors areas

A tour for care

I toured this community for the care of my father. the staff was very nice and helpful. We found the community to be clean and maintained. They had a nice menu of meals and a lot of activities. We wanted a community that was laid out for my father. We would recommend this community to other families.

Good Community, Pleasant Experience

My father in law was at this community for a short time, but it was a nice experience. It is a nice community with kind people. We were satisfied with all they did for us. My mother in law will make her move to this community soon. It is a very nice community.

Different Buildings

We liked this community but their building was not interconnected inside. My mom would have to leave the building to get into a different building. That would be too much work for her. It was good and knowledgeable experience with the community.

Not Enough Space Here

I had no problems with staff, they were nice. I had a good tour guide and the director came to talk with us. It was good meeting. The problem I had was getting around with walkers and wheelchairs. I felt there was not enough space and I was having a hard time maneuvering around people. It look like it was going to be difficult. I really liked seeing the community on one floor.

Sunrise Senior Living

They Have A Home Feeling

My father-in-law has a room that is good for him. He has a guy sit with him and talk with him for one on one interaction. The meals are fine, he is eating it and that is important to us. The community has a homey atmosphere and that is what we liked about this place. I would recommend their services to a friend or family.

Close Community

I was looking at respite and found that it is very close to my house. It was a nice community and it is a smaller facility. I tried to see if there was an availability but they were unsure. I need to confirm respite so I did not end up using this community.

Wonderful kind people

Small Intimate Community

This community is a good location it is close to me and other places for my mother. She is adjusting well and the staff is amazing with her. They do have a really great staff here. The staff is really helpful and patient with my mother.She is now more social since moving here. It is a smaller more intimate community so it is not so overwhelming to her. The residents have told me the food is great and they have a lot of activities for the residents. This community was a good choice of her and depending on your care I would recommend for anyone to come and book a tour.

Great place, but could use some gym equipment.

My father moved to Sunrise of Richmond for the time being and things are going well. He fits in pretty well there. He went on an outing today, he loves the activities they offer. Everybody there loves him. He loves the food, it is good. They do give a few selections to choose from to eat. Since he has been eating regularly, he has lost weight. They have an on site hair dresser so he is able to get his hair cut as needed and they also have someone come and cut his nails for him. This is a great place, the staff is great. The thing I love the most is it is all one level, feels like a home not a facility and is easy to get around. Therapy does go and work with him but my only complaint is there is no gym equipment for him to work on and to build strength. If he gets better we may move him to a more independent living place so he has more independence, but he is happy here for now. He is the youngest resident at 74, all others are over 80, and it would be nice to have more around his age, but we understand they cannot discriminate on age.

Best choice

My dad's experience has been great at Sunrise. They were ready for him with relatively short notice and they took very good care of him while he was there. Dad still felt like he had his independence, but he had the confidence of knowing help was available if he needed it. Sunrise was a very clean facility and the food was good as well.

major food issues here

There's a huge problem with food there. Sometimes my father in law doesn't get dinner. He just sits there and wait and he still doesn't receive it. They had a change there and it has been causing issues. The lady Christine is awesome and the staff tries. The food is a major issue.

More activities

I am satisfied with the Sunrise of Richmond so far. They are great. Perhaps more activities would be great.

more activities

Overall it has been a good experience at Sunrise of Richmond. I would like to see them have more activities. They don't always do what they say they will as far as that goes. Also I would like to see them be a little more thorough when cleaning the bathroom. Sometimes we have to do it ourselves without cleaner.

Only been there 1 week. So far so good.

They were a fine facility.

They were a fine facility. They did a good job. It was clean, and the staff were friendly. We didn't have any complaints, or concerns. There were never any hidden fees or charges. I would give them a four.

It's absolutely perfect.

It's absolutely perfect. When you walk in there, the personnel make you feel just like family. She says the food is wonderful. We went to a cookout that they hosted, and I have never had picnic food that tasted so good. We did what you aren't supposed to do, and picked the first place we looked at. Before the tour was even finished she decided this was her place, and we agreed!

We were very impressed with Sunrise. In the short time we used their services we were very happy with it; we had had other experiences that weren't so good so we were glad that Sunrise was a good fit for us.

This was just an average experience.

This was just an average experience. They tried to keep it clean. It just always had an overwhelming stench of deodorizers and cleanser. There wasn't much fresh air. The staff would often be gathered talking and laughing by themselves, even with patients nearby slumped in their chairs, in obvious need of assistance.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) Com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

I was very impressed with t...

I was very impressed with the facility, very clean, the only odor was the smell of food which smelled good. The staff seemed very friendly and I liked the layout of the rooms. The atmosphere was very comforting. The safety issues such as assist aides seemed appropriate. Overall, I liked this facility very much.

Clean, friendly staff, pets...

Clean, friendly staff, pets visible throughout, more expensive than others, not as bright as other places

Very good dementia care

We had our loved one in the memory care section of the Sunrise of Richmond, and overall I think they did an excellent job with the care. The facility was ideally suited for taking care of a dementia patient. They had a good staff to resident ratio, so everyone got plenty of attention and was watched over carefully. They had a very secure and safe building, and wandering never became an issue.

Sunrise of Richmond is a ve...

Sunrise of Richmond is a very nice community with a more homey feel. Lois is most pleasant and I enjoyed meeting with her and touring the facility. She was most helpful in providing guidance about talking with Mom about her Parkinson's Disease and decisions that we'll need to make as the disease advances. The appartments are smaller at Sunrise and I'm not sure that my folks would be comfortable there. Also, there are only a few couples and about 10% of the population is male.

A great choice for my mother

I found Sunrise to be the perfect size and atmosphere for my mother, who was in the early stages of ALZ when she moved in over 3 years ago. The staff was attentive, caring and seemed to get to know my mother's needs and desires quickly. Over the years not only the staff but other resident's family members know my mother's name and speak to her when they see her. That is a comfort to me because it tells me that the resident's are long term - not just moving from community to community tring to find the right fit.

We found the right fit too...

Russell T. Oliver

We are pleased with the facility. There are still a few things we are working on with some of the staff, but everyone is so helpful and willing to talk with us. Our dad is happy there and has made many friends. He feels "at home" in his new environment. When in the hospital last month, he said that he really missed being there and whenever we stopped in to pick something up for him, the other residents were asking about him. I feel that we made the best choice.

Big and Expensive

It's much bigger and they were much more expensive. I didn't like that they were a big, nation wide chain.

26 residents/cottage, apt s...

26 residents/cottage, apt small but great cut and view of green, nice layout and large outdoor area, friendly staff. Residents seem very out of it, weren't really interacting with each other much. Have dog that lives in cottage - nice touch. Ab June 1 will have PT on site.

Okay - this one would be "It" in my o...

Okay - this one would be "It" in my opinion. Good location, nice size property, 3 separate buildings. Director was great - working on some numbers and possibilities for me. If I was making the choice myself and had to do it today, Sunrise would be it.

Very nice facility, very clean and fr...

Very nice facility, very clean and friendly staff. The room available was a nice size and included a shower in the room. However, there was very little visitation areas noted within the Memory Unit. Loved the dog in the unit. Nice touch! I thought pricing as a little prohibitive at greater than 6,000 a month. Just doesn't seem like a nice fit for my Mom due the the exit and the cost as well as lack of visitation areas. Loved the staff we met though. A great place.

Have had a tour and have been contact...

Have had a tour and have been contacted in a follow-up telephone call.

smaller, cottage-style is appealing. ...

smaller, cottage-style is appealing. birds in the lobby are not. no ind. kitchens.