One of the Worst assisted living facilities around

My dad was a reseident of Elizabeth House for 4 years. During that time they had 2 substantial price increases. The first was 12% with promised being made to upgrade the facility (carpet, new flooring, paint, etc). That was a broken promise. When I visited weekly his room never appeared to be really clean. At best the trash was emptied and that was it. The room was dust, carpet was full of dirt, stains. The bathroom has never smelled fresh on any time I have visited. The facility has had another increase this year to raise resident rents another 10%. The majority of residents are on fixed incomes. So how do you justify raising each year to more than a resident is able to afford with no improvements to the interior or exterior of the facility. I have attempted to have conversations with current administrators and pretty much what I got is either you stay and pay or go elsewhere. They were not willing to work with our family so that our family member could remain. I feel we have had legitimate complaints throughout our 4 years at the facility and they have never really been addressed to our satisfaction. The administration does not care about its residents. They only care about their bottom line. Do not send your family to this facility. The administration is rude and talks to family members disrespectfully so imagine how they are treating residents.

My mother in-law lived at the Elizabeth House from 2017 until her death in March of this year. Her bath room was almost always unclean. Her linens and clothes constantly disappeared. Her personal care was adequate and she had good healthy meals. I would not recommend this facility. Residents mainly set around in wheelchairs , very lethargic.

Visited R in rehab here...

Visited R in rehab here; nothing special, but possibly worth a tour - location is good.

The decision to leave the comfort of your own home to move into an assisted living residence is a difficult one for most people. You don't need constant help, every day. But you do need a little help from time to time. Is it worth the move?
Assisted living can offer you more lifestyle choices at a time when it feels like you are losing some of your independence. Assisted living does just what the name suggests -- it "assists" you in living the life you have always enjoyed. Our suites have all the comforts of home, but with the additional help of a staff that includes a dietitian, a medication aide, an activity coordinator, and housekeeping and maintenance employees.

And here's good news -- You can enjoy the independence of assisted living along with the benefit of having nursing home services if you need them. Our nursing home is located nearby. If you ever have to enter the nursing home for treatment, you can move right back into your assisted living suite after recovery. Having closely connected buildings like this makes it possible for you to comfortably "age in place."