Heritage Assisted Living and Memory Care - Madison, AL

We will not be choosing Heritage. The property seemed well kept, but the atmosphere of the building seemed gloomy, in spite of large windows. The outdoor area for the memory care patients was small, with no place to get out of the sun, and nothing to do. Outdoor activity is important for my Mom. The number of clients was small, which would limit the number of people my mother could interact with. The eating area for the memory care patients seemed like an after-thought and was just stuck in front of the entry to that area. The tablecloths didn't fit the tables, and were just folded in half to make them usable. Not that important in itself, but seemed to indicate a lack of attention to detail. Overall impression was that the staff was professional, the facility was ok, but not the choice for us.

Nice Tour, One of My Top Picks

I had a pleasant tour of this community. It was one of my top picks for my parents to move too. The community looked nice, and well maintained. The staff was kind, and knowledgeable. The location was convenient for me to travel too. Unfortunately they were unable to take both my parents at the time. Overall My tour went well, this is a nice place.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Heritage Assisted Living! We really appreciate all the kindness and concern they've shown our loved one. They've been a big help throughout the whole process! We also really like the variety of activities that they have. It's a very nice place, overall!

Assisted living is a residential option for seniors who want or need help with some of the activities of daily living things like cooking meals, getting to the bathroom in the middle of the night, keeping house, and traveling to appointments. An assisted living facility may be a good choice if you need more personal care services than you can get at home or an independent living retirement community, but you don't need the round-the-clock medical care and supervision of a nursing home. Assisted living facilities offer the safety and security of 24-hour support and access to care.