HarborChase of Huntsville - Huntsville, AL

The exterior of the facility needed some TLC. The staff were friendly and the place seemed nice. I feel it is over priced compared to other places in the area.

Billy Brandes

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We certainly appreciate the four-star review! We’re glad that you noticed our friendly atmosphere and associates. One of the things we’re proud of is the tremendous value of HarborChase. Every day, our residents enjoy unsurpassed hospitality, innovative health services, a variety of dining options, stimulating activities and housekeeping services. Thanks again for your review. Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you in the future. We’d love to get to know you better!

Better Activities

the Activity Director is unpleasant. The activity levels have went down. Every time i visit,residents are stuffed together watching cartoons. My Mom has been there a month,no pictures in her memory box,and her name is not even on the door. CNA's are always pleasant, thats the good part.

Billy Brandes

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Although we appreciate your kind words about our CNAs, we’re sorry to hear that your experience with our Life Enrichment program has been unfavorable so far. We have a new Director of Life Enrichment on the job and we are undergoing an update and overhaul of our activities. We apologize for the growing pains, but think you and your Mom will enjoy the finished product. Please bear with us. We’re confident that we’ll find and develop some new activities and experiences for your Mom to enjoy. Thanks again for your review. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your Mom.

Care for mom

We toured this community for my mom's care.The staff was helpful with the answer the questions we had. The community was clean and they offer a nice menu of healthy meals. Activities are available for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend that the families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for the excellent five-star review and recommendation! We’re very happy that you and your mom had a wonderful and informative tour. We also sincerely appreciate the kind words about our helpful associates, clean community, delicious dining services and wealth of activities available daily. As you spend more time with us, we think you’ll find even more things to love about HarborChase. Thanks again for your five-star review!

A wonderful place

The staff are thoughtful, friendly and caring. They are great at encouraging mom to participate in the numerous activities they offer. The second and third floors are for assisted living. The first floor is for memory care. She enjoys Sunday services and playing bingo. She is making friends . The food is good and they offer plenty of choices and good portions. The community is very nice inside and out. I would recommend this community.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for your recommendation and five-star review! We’re very happy that you and your family decided to choose HarborChase for your mom. We are so glad to hear that she is making friends and enjoying the variety of stimulating activities available daily through our Life Enrichment program. We also appreciate the kind words about our beautiful community and delicious dining services. Again, we thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We truly look forward to serving you and your family for years to come!

The best of the best!!

This place is absolutely the best of the best and I could have not chose a better community to look after my mother. The staff are excellent and have made the transition with moving my mother in run very smoothly. She is loving the activities and has had no complaints about the wonderful meals the chef serves throughout the week. I would highly recommend this place to anyone interested.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so very much for taking the time to rate us. We’re glad you and your family chose HarborChase for your mother and we sincerely appreciate your wonderful five-star review! We’re happy to hear that your mother is enjoying our delicious dining services as well as the wealth of activities available daily through our Life Enrichment program. We especially appreciate your kind words about our hard-working and dedicated staff and associates. Every day they are truly focused on providing the very best in senior living. We’re proud to be able to provide you and your family with a little extra peace of mind. Again, we thank you for your recommendation and your five-star review. We truly look forward to serving you and your mother in the years to come!

Harborchase is beautiful! Everyone, and I do mean everyone, who worked there spoke to me during my tour. Bright, clean, fresh. Lots of activities for the residents.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We’re happy to hear that you had such a wonderful visit of our community. We pride ourselves on having a warm and friendly community and we’re not surprised that our associates and care partners went out of their way to speak to you. We also appreciate the compliments about our bright and clean community and the wealth of activities available daily through our Life Enrichment program. We work hard to make sure that there is something here for everyone. Thanks again for your five-star review and for coming by for a visit. We look forward to getting to know you better!

Tour for the value

We toured this community for care. We did not like that it was over price for the care. The staff was nice and friendly and able to answer the questions we had. The menu look appealing. The activities are offer to the residents. We would suggest that families tour this community for care.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We’re glad that you came by for a visit and appreciate the kind words about our friendly associates, diverse seasonal menu and wealth of activities available daily through our Life Enrichment program. One of the features we’re proud of at HarborChase is the tremendous value our residents and their family members receive. Every day, our residents enjoy innovative health services, delicious dining options, housekeeping services and much, much more. We pride ourselves on providing the very best in senior living for our residents and family members. Again, we appreciate your review and hope you’ll consider coming by for another visit. We’d love another opportunity to get to know you.

To expensive!

This community was very beautiful. We really liked it. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The residents were out and doing things in the community. Everything was absolutely wonderful. The price was a bit much though.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate all the kind words and compliments about our beautiful community and its friendly and helpful associates and caregivers. We are also happy that you had an opportunity to see the residents enjoying the wealth of activities available every day through our Life Enrichment Program. One of the features we’re proud of at HarborChase is the tremendous value our residents and their family members receive. Every day, our residents enjoy innovative health services, delicious dining options, housekeeping services and much, much more. Again, we thank you for your fantastic review!

Poor service

Over priced,food quality for dinner is poor. I don't believe any housekeeping is being done. My mother's room is often dusty,and smelly. New Executive Director is not very reachable. Looking at other facilities. Prices keep raising but quality has went down..

Billy Brandes

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We’re sorry to hear that you haven’t been pleased with some of our services, but appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. Although it may be difficult to please everyone, our menus are created by a team of HarborChase Chefs in partnership with our registered dietitian and customized for resident preferences to provide a wealth of choices daily. We hope that you will give our chefs another opportunity to please you. Again, we thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

Over budget!

I really liked Harborchase of Huntsville it was a beautiful community throughout. The staff that offered the tour were very kind and informative. The pricing was over budget and the location was simply too far from family. It was worth the time to visit because they do offer many amenities.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate the kind words about our wealth of amenities as well as the beauty of our community. We’re happy to hear that your visit went well. One of the features we’re proud of at HarborChase is the tremendous value our residents and their family members receive. Every day, our residents enjoy innovative health services, delicious dining options through our Chef’s Fare Dining Program, housekeeping services and much, much more. If we can be of any service to you in the future, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We hope you’ll come by for another visit soon. Again, we thank you for your review.

Harbor Chase is a beautiful community facility! Sheila [removed], the director, and Greg [removed], the sales and information manager both went above and beyond to make it possible for our loved one to make this facility his new home. We couldn't be happier! And special thanks to Melanie [removed] at A Place for Mom, who told us about it, and worked with Greg to set everything up for us.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re very happy that you chose HarborChase for your loved one, and we’re thrilled to hear that it’s working out so well for all of you! We also very much appreciate the kind words about our building and our dedicated Care Partners. Every day, they strive to provide nurturing care that truly transcends the expected. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to serving you and your family for many years to come.

Accommodating, communicative staff

We were very satisfied with our experience with HarborChase of Huntsville. The staff here is caring, professional, and they were very accommodating throughout the whole process. We were located out of state, so I really appreciated how well they kept in touch. They'd get us constant updates, and even sent people to visit our loved one when she needed trips to the hospital to get us updates on how she was doing there. They really went above and beyond, and I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking in the area!

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We truly appreciate the positive feedback and are happy that you’ve had such a wonderful experience with our community. We also thank you for taking the time to compliment our community’s Care Partners. All of our Care Partners are chosen for their experience and their commitment to our core values of respect, attentiveness, integrity, stewardship and excellence. They are focused on providing the very best in senior living for our residents and their families. Again, we sincerely appreciate the compliments and look forward to serving you and your loved one for years to come!

We liked them but, this just wasn't the best fit for us.

We liked them but the memory care, where we thought we might need to be, was a little depressing. The assisted living, where we had hoped she would have been, had a lot of little alcoves that would have been very confusing. We were afraid she would get lost. This just wasn't the best fit for us.

Very Impressed With It

Well I was jut very impressed with it, I don't know of anything they can improve on. I have been told the food is real good, but I am out of town so I am just getting my information second-hand. They are taking good care of my loved one though.

Thanks for being here

Excellent ly managed and operated. It would be a top choice ifAaron or myself would need the type service offer at H C.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We very much appreciate the kind words about our community and its management. Our dedicated staff of Care Partners strives every day to provide the very best in all facets of senior living. Again, we thank you for your review and hope that you’ll come by again for another visit.

It's a nice place.

My loved one was only here a little over a week when she fell, so I haven't had a lot of experience. They were pretty responsive. I don't have any concerns with them and how it was handled. It was clean, in the memory unit. It's a nice place. They are providing good care, they had her out of her room and in the communal area. They have stuff to do there, lots of activities. Hopefully she will get better and get to come home soon.

simply excellent!

The management was simply excellent, and the staff was very friendly. The food was very good as well.

It was a good experience though during the ~55 days or so my wife had to stay there. They treated her very nice and with excellent care. If the need should arise again, we would definitely consider them high on our list.

The one area I can think of where they could improve would be to expand their activities.

Thanks for being here

Excellently managed and operated. It would be a top choice ifAaron or myself would need the type service offer at H C.

It's A Very Nice Place

It's fine. We're probably going to have to move my mother again sooner than later just because it's costing too much money for her not to participate in any of their events and activities. All in all, Harbor Chase is good. It was closer to us than some of the other places we considered and I would say that the social status of the residents there is a little higher. My mother didn't care about that but it is something I noticed. We are going to have to move her, which is a negative.

The facility was pretty nic...

The facility was pretty nice, but the prices were way out our range. I wish they had not wasted our time and discussed that up front. Anyway, other facilities may be the same but the rooms were very small for the price. It was actually smaller than the nursing home (rehab) mom was in last fall.

Not the most ideal layout

It's got a bunch of hallways and elevators and he seems to get confused more often. They're good to him, I don't have any problems with them. They're actually very, very good, it's just the layout for him that makes him not leave his room as much but the care is very, very good. They're encouraging him to get out of his room and we have a therapy dog coming twice a month so that's helping.

Top quality care but some unpleasant surprises

Could not ask for more professional, caring nursing staff. Really work well with dementia patients, know how to redirect and avoid confrontation. Can always count on a call if any problems. Wish I had known that level of service unlikely to change and additional charge for medication assistance, also that dementia unit has two sections, one more severe than the other, and difficult to get socialization my mother needs from location in more severe section. I would make the choice to bring her here again, but wish some of this had been explained up front.

Location is 1.3 mi from wife's school...

Location is 1.3 mi from wife's school. Is "assisted" living not independent. Content of website seems to hint that this may be a Christian based facility.

At EdenBrook of Huntsville, our customized assisted living program tailors both care and life enriching programs to meet the unique needs and preferences of each resident. The moment you enter EdenBrook all of your senses are taken on a journey. From the aroma of freshly baked cookies to the trickle of the fountain surrounded by pleasant greenery, it is EdenBrook of Huntsville's mission to Care For the Mind, Body and Spirit of everyone who comes through our doors. Our residents benefit from the many services and amenities that we offer including life enriching programs, three delicious meals served daily, transportation and housekeeping services. EdenBrook also offers Keepsake Gardens, a special memory care neighborhood for residents who suffer from memory impairments such as Alzheimer's. You owe it to yourself to visit EdenBrook of Huntsville to view for yourself the finest that assisted living has to offer.

EdenBrook, Huntsville's premier assisted living community, is ideally located behind Crestwood Hospital near the intersection of Whitesburg Drive and Airport Road. EdenBrook is also convenient to area shopping, restaurants, local health care clinics, and houses of worship.