Country Cottage - Huntsville, AL

Mom seems to be happy here

The staff are nice. Mom seems to be happy with the food. They keep the community clean. We like the setup of the community. It is small buildings with six to eight residents and they share a dining room. I would recommend this community.

Good impression.

I toured this community when we were looking for a place for my father. The staff was friendly and the community was clean. We ultimately decided to move elsewhere but they left a good impression.

Very happy with Country Cottage!

My loved one is doing good since the move to Country Cottage. The staff have been very helpful and friendly. The community well maintained and clean throughout. The community offers a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy.

Very nice community!

Country Cottage offered a very beautiful community. It was very well kept and clean throughout. They staff were very competent and were all able to answer my questions and concerns. They shared the menu and activities schedule and they had a variety offered for the residents

Quaint facility with nice staff. This is great if you are looking for a smaller feel community.

It's going pretty good. It's pretty clean.

It's going pretty good. It's pretty clean. The staff is all friendly. They complain about the food a lot, but I have never tried it myself. They have all different activities. It works out pretty well, and I liked the location.

Toured two weeks ago. It wo...

Toured two weeks ago. It would meet our needs. Acceptable.also toured Madison retirement village and brook dale place. Found these 2 acceptable. Will be touring harbor chase on may5. The one that doesn't meet our unique is gardens of Madison. Thanks for your input and concern. You're great!

So Glad to Have Found Country Cottage

I was very impressed with the kind, caring personnel at Country Cottage. Each staff member took time to listen to my questions and provide good information. I also noticed that they spoke to any resident they saw, calling them by name and asking about them personally.

The facility was extremely clean and nicely decorated - very comfortable.

I feel good about moving my Mom to Country Cottage and know she will enjoy her new friends and home very much.

I was very warmly greeted b...

I was very warmly greeted by all even the residents. Really enjoyed talking to the RA, Tracy. she was very helpful and informative. This may be the place for Mom. We will let her decide but I liked it.

Admission was fabulous

We talked to a couple of different communities and the admission person for Country Cottage was just fabulous. They really went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and make sure it was the right fit. They even made an extra trip to just make it that much better. The food looks excellent and the rooms are very nice. The rooms are kind of setup like a hotel room. We are very pleased with Country Cottage and would recommend them to anyone.

The residents seem starved for interaction and attention.

My wife visits 3 or 4 times a week for lunch and dinners, the food is horrible. Sometimes you can't recognize what it is. The support staff doesn't seem to like their jobs, with the exception of one or two employees. On one visit I saw 5 employees in a lounge watching a video, one person was sleeping. When I asked about the soap opera they were watching I was informed by a friendly staff member that it was a training video. When they emerged from the lounge area they had their arms crossed across their chests. If their frowns had gotten any worse they would have been stepping on their bottom lips. This industry has high turnover and you can tell when someone does not like their job. If your employees aren't happy it will trickle down to the people who are paying to live there. The residents seem starved for interaction and attention. There are two scheduled trips a week, Tuesdays for shopping and Fridays for a meal. The van that transport the residents has been either in need of repair or the driver was sick and so 3 trips have been cancelled. Maybe I'm too picky but there is a lack of happiness because the majority of the staff is unhappy to be there, there is very little interaction between the staff and their residents. There is no hobby or craft room for residents. We've also have had some trouble understanding extra charges that we hope to work out with the Country Cottage. It can be hard to get ahold of someone in the office. We've had to request the staff retrieve our loved one for outings, and hope that becomes policy. The residents need to be reached out to and reminded about activities and outings. When you walk in, I hate to use this word but it's "dead." No one is ever outside walking around, there are grounds but from what I've seen it seems the staff prefers residents to stay in their rooms. It takes a trained individual to be able to assess the residents' needs and if new hires can sleep through training videos without repercussions it just doesn't even look right. If something we requested was not taken care of it seems the blame is passed rather than the issue being resolved.

Because home is so important to all of us, the Cottage not only has wonderful cozy common areas where new and old friends can enjoy being together, but it offers different sizes and styles of room, and service programs tailored to perfectly suit the needs of each resident.

Whether your loved one needs just a little help or emotional support, or requires a great deal of hands-on-care, we can help.

Central to Country Cottage’s mission is CareSteps, the customized personal service program that provides just the right kind of help at the right time. Individualized services include:
• Nurse supervised, 24-hour staff attention
• CareSteps personal care plan
• Three homestyle meals daily
• Planned off and on-site recreation
• Weekly thorough housekeeping and daily tidy up
• Weekly personal laundry
• Scheduled transportation

A Lot of Love
The owners and staff of Country Cottage have dedicated themselves to helping you stay focused on the love and caring that has made your family so unique.