The Terrace at Priceville - Decatur, AL

Toured

I think they are doing pretty good.

I think they are doing pretty good. There have been a few little things that have come up, but so far we haven't had any major complaints. So far things are working out.

very caring

I trust it for my mother. There were a couple of reasons for picking this community. One was that they had an opening and it was close to where I live. Her room was spacious. The food is very nice. The people are very caring.

Not a good one we thought they could ...

Not a good one we thought they could handle lewy body and they can not.

Five Star Reviews

We are honored that you offered us the opportunity to serve your loved one. However, we felt that your parent needed a higher level of care than we could provide at The Terrace of Priceville. Our Residents and Family member’s safety, happiness and peace of mind are always our top priority. Please be assured that we reviewed all of the information that the hospital sent regarding your parent’s care very closely and carefully considered your loved one’s situation. Unfortunately, we did not feel that we could meet your loved ones needs and sincerely hope that you can find a setting that offers the kind of care and attention needed for someone facing Lewy body dementia. If you should need anything more from us or if you have any questions that you would could answer for you, my door is always open.

Callie Simmons, ALA
Executive Director
The Terrace at Priceville

Caregiver being well assisted

The first thing I noticed when I visited this community was that the residents looked happy. Some people were sitting outside in locking chairs and chatting happily. The people working there were all friendly. My relative was adamant about being capable of taking care of herself. So, I found an Independent Living apartment within the community. However, in less than 2 months, her condition worsened and it became necessary to move her into an assisted living room. Everybody there helped me make this move. The maintenance person even moved some furniture!!! I wished I could do something nice for him, but the rule there does not allow me to give anything to any particular employee there. I have been having some difficulty dealing with my relative, and the people there listen to me with patience and give me some encouraging words. They always take time to talk to you. My relative is happy with people there. She said everyone is ready to assist her if she asks anything. It has been only two weeks since she moved into an AL room, but I believe she will get used to it and get to know more people. It is better for her than living in a big house all by herself although the loss of her house and independence is very hard on her. I highly recommend this community.

Welcome to The Terrace at Priceville
Senior Living, Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Care in Priceville, Alabama
Welcome to The Terrace at Priceville! Our beautiful senior living retirement community offers Independent Living for active seniors, Assisted Living with the levels of care, and specialized Alzheimer's / dementia care.

The Terrace at Priceville offers:

Independent Living Cottages
Assisted Living apartments
Specialty Care Assisted Living (Alzheimer's Disease and related dementia)
We have opened the door to a carefree retirement lifestyle. Whether you are choosing independent living or assisted living for yourself or a loved one, we would like to show you why The Terrace at Priceville can be one of the best choices you will ever make.