Hearthstone of Northern Nevada - Sparks, NV

Hearthstone of Northern Nevada - Sparks, NV has yet not published prices.

• Laundry services
  • Daily Housekeeping
  • Cable Included
  • Free Wifi
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Speech Therapy

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

Every time I have been there to ask for anything, they have been attentive. Mom says she gets what she needs. I met one of the rehab people and she was fantastic. My mom is improving with the therapy. The speech therapist seems very good at her job and is friendly. The nurse is attentive and follows through and always smiles.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

They're professional. They have information when we need it and provide updates on my loved one's status. We had a two-week conference, which was a nice representation of her progress. The nurses on duty are always available for information and it is accurate information. The social worker has been helpful.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

Everybody is doing was what they were supposed to be doing and my loved one is happy.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

They take good care of my loved one from what I can see. The nurses are good. The therapy is not progressing as fast as I would like.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

They are taking care of my loved one and doing the therapy. I talked to the nurse and she updated me on his progress. The cleaners are top-drawer. The best. I was kept well informed. When they moved him in there the night nurse was on the phone the same evening letting me know how things were going.

It has been very good.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

There is no smell and it is a nice facility. The nurses have been very nice and helpful. It's very clean. My loved one is not crazy about the food and it is cold when she gets it. They keep her updated and she tells me.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

It was good. It wasn't extraordinary, but it was fine. The nurse was quite forthcoming in everything, she was fine. The access to her is rather limited though. The doctor was worthless. He rarely came in, if at all. He seemed totally uninterested. The rest of them were fine. The staff was friendly. I was surprised by how clean the facility was. The meals seemed all good once we got some issues resolved, which took a while. The staff was great about keeping me informed.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

The rehab therapy was pretty good. Sometimes they took my loved one for it kind of late and sometimes they didn't spread the sessions out, so she'll have two in the evening. Some of the CNAs were good and others would stand around not doing anything. The staff was very friendly. It was very clean. She didn't really like the food. I would have liked for them to text me when they needed something.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

I think my loved one is getting better. They are helping her there. They do not call me, but if I call them, they let me know how she is doing.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

They are very, very nice people.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

They take good care of my loved one. She had an issue with the food, and they eventually accommodated her needs.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

Hearthstone is fast at responding to a need. Better than the hospital. It usually is within 5 to 10 minutes that they help my wife. The therapists have been very attentive. I wish they would give some other choices of meals here and there. I had to ask them for any information. I would like them to be more proactive about that.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

Everything has been good. The nurses have been really nice to me. It is very clean. The food is very bland. My loved one does not like it too much. The staff are on top of keeping me informed and they have been very courteous.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

It has been good and my loved one is being taken care of. They help when I ask them. There have been a couple of times where I have had to ask them to clean up the bathroom, but now they clean it every day.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

The overall care was good, but when my husband was sent to the hospital it took them five hours to notify me.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

Overall it is good care. They are a little too short staffed. It is very hard work. I usually have to ask them questions if I want to be informed.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

It was pretty good. They have a shortage of aides. My husband loved the yard there and the food too. They were pretty clean there. I liked the little sitting areas where you could relax. The food was good there. Communication was good.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

The nurses are getting my dad his medicine and meals on time. The other staff did not seem very attentive. We needed to use a computer and the computer offered did not seem well cared for and needed to be cleaned up. The facility was plenty clean.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

The nurses are wonderful to everybody. The therapists are good. The aides are good. The food looks nice and the meals are prepared nicely. They are short staffed there. I have been disappointed because my loved one has been left wet. He needs a shower more often and clean sheets.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

My loved one has said the therapy is helping him improve. He likes the meals. He has had some problems with care there. They take quite a while to come and help him when he rings. It takes 30 to 45 minutes for him to get his pain pill.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

The therapists did a good job. The aides were pretty good. It seemed clean to me. They did not help my loved one to the bathroom. They just kept her in a diaper. The food was horrible. I took food to her every day. They never talked to me.

Overall it's just okay.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

It is okay. There were some issues and the supervisor took care of them. Meals are okay. Sometimes she has to wait a while for them.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

The night crew is unprofessional with their ability to be quiet when the patients are trying to sleep.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

There was lack of information. I only got two phone calls from them. My sister called multiple times to talk with the social worker and they never called her back. My sister could not get through to the nurses station and did not talk to a nurse until our brother was discharged.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

There were some really rude nurses and it took a long time for help to come when called. My loved one needed help cutting up her food and they did not help. The place was dirty. No one changed or cleaned her catheter. The therapy was pretty good. When you first walk in the facility it looks nice, but not in the rooms. The sheets were worn. She had to wait for days to get a sponge bath. She said the meals were not bad. The food was cold sometimes. She asked them to heat it up and they wouldn't. She asked for help changing the channel on her TV and they would not help.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

During the one day my dad was there, he called me because his buzzer had been ringing for an hour and no one had shown up. We drove to see him and could not find anyone to help, and after 10 minutes we decided to leave and pull him out.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

They were not prepared for my loved one when he came here. They did not have a walker for him. He did not get things he should have. He had no towel rack for towels. He did not get his pills right away when he needed them. My loved one is doing good in the therapy. That is excellent. The aides are sweet. There is no bathroom for the visitors during the day. The floors are sticky and the room is filthy. The nurses will not answer the phones.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

They are not feeding my loved one enough throughout the day. She also has a difficult time getting her pain medications. She tells me that she is out of medication. It seems as though there are never any housekeepers around to clean up.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

They needed to keep a closer watch on my loved one so he wouldn't have had to go to the ER. The nurses seemed fine. I would see spots on the floor that needed mopping for days at a time. The meals were pretty good. He really like the food a lot. Portion sizes varied some.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

My loved one got very sick there. She had cuts from a fall. It was not a good experience. They were good with the therapy. They were very patient with her. She was not an easy person to care for. The nursing was lackadaisical. It was very dirty. A dirty bed pan was laying in her room the whole time. The meals were decent

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

When we got there no one knew what was going on. I cleaned up the room and bed. When my loved one rang the bell to ask for help, it took 45 minutes for someone to get water for him to take his medicine. They did not acknowledge that he was there. They also wouldn't give him anything stronger than Tylenol for his pain. I took him out after less than a day

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

My loved one was not given her medication as prescribed. She got an infection while she was there. The therapy was good and we liked the physical therapist. There are not enough nurses and aides. I repeatedly tried to call the social worker and did not get a call back. She did not like the meals and there were no options. They gave me zero information.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

My loved one was there for one hour and we took her out. The room and the nurse were not nice. The room was not private. We told the nurse we did not want to stay and the nurse got mad but the director was very nice and helped us out a lot.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

They did not do anything for my loved one and did not give her any of her medications. She would push the call button and they never helped her. She called me crying and asked me to please come and take me home and then they transferred her out of there.

Review of Hearthstone of Northern Nevada

My loved one is supposed to be on a special diet. She has been there a week and they still have not started it. It took her several days to get care she needed and she was not getting the proper dosage for her medication. The therapy is going well. The aides have not been very attentive. When I visited it seemed clean.

It was fine, they were very good to me.

I love the facility's consistency, I've been going for over a year off and on. the staff are very helpful, understanding, even when I'm giving them a hard time. The food is not too bad. They have different choices, and if you want to eat something else they will accommodate you. Also you have a choice to eat in your room or in the dining room. Them not keeping me informed is a bit of a drag, you have to know who to ask what to get information.

They all go above and beyond for my loved one.

My loved one says everybody is great.

Overall I would recommend to a friend.

Everyone there is nice. It is pretty clean. My mom likes the meals.

It is very clean. My loved one seems to be satisfied with everything.

The facility was very nice.

My loved one had scheduled pain medicine and they with held her medications and they wouldn't tell her why. They missed a few items on her meals sometimes, like milk and silverware. She has an egg allergy and there was a few times they still would bring her mayonnaise or biscuits and they didn't know if it was made with eggs. They kept my loved one well informed, but didn't tell me anything.

They were really attentive.

Some employees were excellent, and some I thought were unprofessional at times. My loved one wasn't an easy patient, but they tried their best. I was impressed by how clean it was. He was on a modified diet and when he felt like eating, he ate. The doctor was generally good at keeping me informed, but they changed medications and no one informed me, I noticed that on my own.

Everyone was very friendly, helpful, and thoughtful. They swept and mopped everyday, but they didn't clean the toilets. The food was terrible, it tasted awful. Some days' meals were better then others. Breakfast especially was bad.

My loved one didn't mention anything he didn't like.

My loved one hasn't said anything about the food, but I had a tray once and it was bland.

Everyone is pretty nice. It is very clean. The meals don't appeal to my mother. I told them that she doesn't drink orange juice and they keep giving it to her. She will drink cranberry juice, but they still haven't changed it. If I ask a question, they provide an answer.

It was okay at best. The food was not appealing whatsoever.

Being left too long on a bed pan is not good for anyone. Our nurse was really good with my mom. They don't provide certain things like vanilla Ensure for meals. We were pretty much on top of staying informed, so they didn't have the opportunity to update us

My loved one didn't get the physical therapy that he needed and when he pressed the call button, they'd come and say they'd have to get someone to help and nobody ever came back. He left against medical advice and came home. He didn't get any of the therapy he needed and was frustrated and disgusted. The first time I heard anything from them is when they called to tell me he was leaving against medical advice and that I needed to come get him.

The facility is just not very clean. Everyone is really, really sick, and they just do the absolute basic part of their job. The nurses and doctors are really nice, but they are understaffed and overworked. The housekeeper does a good job. I have special dietary needs and can't have dairy items, but they give me cottage cheese every day.

We had difficulty with staff, lack of follow up from the physical therapist, and dietary concerns. Nursing assistants would aggressively treat patients. The occupational therapists were great, returned phone calls, etc. But the physical therapists, they didn't return phone calls, I asked to speak to the PT who was working with my loved one and never heard back. I have no idea what kind of therapy was done or if it was successful. The staff were very kind to visitors, but treated the patients roughly. It wasn't sparkling clean but I didn't see any dirt built up or anything. Supposedly they have a dietitian on staff, but I never saw that person. My loved one was served things like a slice of pepperoni pizza with a side of green beans and other items that didn't meet her dietary needs. The response to my complaint was they would rather make the patients happy than meet their dietary needs.

The food was absolutely awful, and was not acceptable for anyone. The first day that my loved one was there he got a piece of microwaved fish, with a little scoop of rice on the side, and nothing to drink. Then they brought him a turkey sandwich, with a hot dog bun, some lettuce, and a can of soup on the side. I took him out of the facility and put him into another facility. He is an orthopedic patient and they stuck him with the long-term care patients. The facility is a little tired and outdated. My loved one was happy with the therapist. The nurse and staff care was adequate. They were very friendly. The building was clean. I didn't hear from the facility, I'm the one that had to make contact with them.

The cleanliness could be better.

We came in on a Thursday night, and they knew we were coming, but they were not prepared. When the smokers are outside, the smoke smell is very noticeable. I just stopped eating the food, I didn't like it at all. It was often cold. There didn't seem to be a lot of attention to detail or sense of urgency when it came to communication.

My loved one's roommate was extremely loud and screaming, it just seems very chaotic.

When you walk in, it's beautiful and it doesn't stink, but in the rooms the floors are filthy. It's good at first sight but after that, it's not so great. The therapists were great. They get an A+. They pushed my loved one and walked him, and now he's able to dress himself and use the restroom by himself. It took 2.5 hours for someone to respond to the call button. My loved one wet himself because he couldn't get out of bed. The nurses were intolerable. Some of the CNAs are nice, not so much for the nurses. The place was dirty and not kept clean. My loved one had to beg for a shower. Those poor people were eating with their hands. I was not notified when things happened with my loved one.

My father didn't get attention, they weren't giving him his meds on time, they weren't checking or maintaining his blood sugar. The staff were not very friendly. I tried to get in touch with the supervisor about the issues. The facility was not clean and it was outdated. The meals were horrible. They would give him pasta and hamburgers, but he can't eat things like that.

They put my loved one's phone in the washer while they were washing her clothes. They weren't paying attention. They didn't give her medication until 5 hours after she was supposed to get it one day. They let her out on Thanksgiving for a couple of hours, and when she got back to the facility, she said she wanted her clothes changed but they just told her to go to the room. They didn't assist her to the room. She liked the rehabilitation and the therapist. They were very good and those people knew what they were doing. A lot of times the CNAs weren't very kind, and the nurses took a long time. The food was good. They would not keep her informed. They didn't call anyone when she ended up going to the hospital.

After a traumatizing staff experience, we are trying to get my loved one transferred.

Hearthstone of Northern Nevada delivers quality, compassionate care to members of our community. Our staff works to cultivate a home-like environment so guests feel comfortable and at home. We provide a daily activities program that features shopping trips, church services, Bingo, birthday parties, and pet visits. To help residents feel more at home, we have laundry services and daily housekeeping and maintenance. We provide free cable television and flat screen televisions for residents to enjoy on their down town. We strive to maximize clinical outcomes and social well-being. Physical, occupational, and speech therapies are offered 3 hours a day up to 6 days a week, depending on a patient’s need and ability.