HeartHomes at Bay Ridge - Annapolis, MD

We pride ourselves on personalized, professional care that comforts each of our residents as family members in his or her home. Each resident is cared for based on his or her needs and the personal desires he or she requests. We offer options and choices to suit your individual needs and are prepared to respond as your needs or level of care may change. Each of our homes are designed and maintained to provide comfortable, convenient, quality lifestyle preferences tailor-made to meet the individual care needs of every resident.

Heart Homes provides a safe, supportive environment specifically designed for the special needs of those with Alzheimer’s Disease or other memory impairments. Private suites, indoor and outdoor activity areas, one-floor living and simple design create a stimulating yet manageable living space. This in turn, maximizes residents’ ability to be independent and increases opportunities for social interaction.

The facility was very clean and the staff very friendly. I like that it is a smaller facility with a total of 16 residence. I am looking for a short term respite care and am hopeful that there will be a bed available when I need a place for my mother.

Wanted a larger community

We considered moving to Hearthomes, it is a beautiful community. My mom thought it was too far away from me and she wanted a larger community.

So far a five

This community does not have the feel of a hotel or institution. I am able to stop by anytime to visit. I get a comforting feeling from this community. The staff are nice, caring, attentive, responsive and understand the families feelings. This is a very nice community and they do offer some nice activities. We are happy with the move and I would recommend taking a look at this community.

Not the right price!

I never got the opportunity to tour this facility but they were very pleasant on the phone. Unfortunately, the rate was higher than my mother could afford.

Smaller Community

My tour of this facility went well. This is a smaller community compared to others. The facility is an older building and the rooms are small. It just wasn't the place for my mother. It is a nice looking community. From what I saw everything is pretty well maintained. The staff was nice and friendly. They showed me all around the community. It is nice community, but not the right place for my mother.

Review of Andina's AFH - Vancouver, WA

I had only visited Heart Homes at Bay Ridge briefly. The staff was very friendly, but I felt the premises was a bit cluttered and closed-in feeling. Residence seemed to be well cared for.

very happy

We are very happy with HeartHbomes at Bay Ridge. She seems to be very happy. We had placed her in a facility that she wasn't happy with previously. She says the staff here are so nice to her. Every time we go and visit she is very engaged. There were workers and residents sitting on the front one time when I dropped her off after taking her out. They were very personal and asked how her visit was. So far so good at this facility.

A nice small assisted living facility

I give the overall rating of this property 4 stars. I rate the Cleanliness 4 stars, I rate the Friendliness 5 stars since they were really friendly, I rate the value 4 stars, I rate the Care Services 4 stars. I can't rate the activities because I have not witnessed the activities, I don't know much about it. This is a nice small assisted living facility. My first impression was that I liked that it only had one level. There were no stairs or elevators.

I could not of asked for a better place for my Mom to have spent the last years of her life. The staff was kind and compassionate and truly cared about her. The home was always clean and there was never a day that I visited her that caused me any concern. Like anyone I hated having to place my Mom in a home but went it became apparent we could not provide the care she needed Heart Homes was a Godsend. I highly recommend Heart Homes if you are looking for somewhere for a parent that will make you at ease with the care provided this place is the best!

They need more staff.

It's very clean, and the staff is pretty friendly. They have things going on but they don't always do them. They need to be more staffed, I was paying for level three care, and I wasn't really getting the help, they weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing. The staffing ratio of one person to 14-15 residents, is not enough I feel.

For the price not great

I don't think for $4,500 a month my mother is getting the proper care. They over medicate her so they won't have to deal with her and she just sleeps all day. The staff is helpful and nice, though. But I suppose there are worse places she could be. The decision to put my mother there was made too hastily, and if I had any say in the matter she would not be there now. I realize she needs to be in a home. Just not this one.

Mom is happy again. That's what is i...

Mom is happy again. That's what is important. Thank you

Overall we are pretty pleased with them.

Overall we are pretty pleased with them. Sometimes the housekeeping in the rooms could be a little better. They could vacuum more, and the trash could be taken out a little more often. They are very attentive in calling me and letting me know how things are going. The food is about a four, sometimes the meat can be a little tough.

HeartHomes Alzheimer's unit

The home I picked for my Mom is a great "fit" for her.
The other residents are very nice, Mom because friends with a lady that was also a nurse many many years ago.
The staff are very considerate and helpful. All the way from the owner I had met when Mom first entered, to Ilka, Vicky, Angela and the others.
They are also very nice to my Mom and the other residents.

I have not yet had an opportunity to ...

I have not yet had an opportunity to visit Heart Homes myself, but I will be going next month. My sister has settled in quickly, and she has noticed the more relaxed atmosphere than her previous residence. Her husband has nothing but positive feedback. My interactions over the phone with staff have been very positive. I was especially impressed by a call I received from a staff member who helped my sister reach me by phone because she was anxious and a little frantic about reaching someone at a time when she couldn't reach her husband. The caregiver was patient and calm with her, and very reassuring.

just OK

just OK

Visited on 9/16 with Ilka. Decent pla...

Visited on 9/16 with Ilka. Decent place, well secured and more to what fits us. I will give this place strong consideration.

have seen Rooms.They were small.Peopl...

have seen Rooms.They were small.People very nice.reasonable rates. a little far(down forest dr)would like to see the one at Piney Orchard. I think I remember the rooms were very small.

We loved this place. It is so homey ...

We loved this place. It is so homey and comfortable looking. It appears she would have less "intrusion" during the day than at other AL places. It's pricey but we'll have to see what we can do about that. I did not rate this 5 stars since I don't know if they will accept pets, it is expensive, they have no on-staff activities director,, the room is quite small. However, there is a lovely little TV room adjacent to one of the rooms that is available right now.