Amazing Place

What an amazing place! I was so worried to move my mom into a skilled nursing facility because everyone seems to have a "horror" story about places. From the moment we toured to the moment we helped my mom discharge back to her home, we received great care from everyone! The staff were so friendly and hard working to make sure my mom's needs were met. The food was amazing and the therapy team was out of this world. I can't say enough great things about our experience!

Unsafe environment. Lack of nursing care

I went to the facility four days post op after major back surgery. I stayed less than 24 hours. I was admitted at 2:30 pm, signed paper work and she left without explaining anything. At 5:30 no one came to explain how I got my meals. Took one hour to answer call light and finally got a tray of less than appetizing food. No one checked on me the rest of the evening. Had to call for my evening medication. During night it took them one hour to answer call light to request pain medication which took another 30 minutes to get. The house keeper answered my call light. No one checked on me during the night.Had to request breakfast which came at 9. I left this place at 10am. Total lack of nursing care which put me in an unsafe environment. I filled a report with the state. Don’t let a new fancy building fool you. Check out deficiency reports by the state before making any decisions. To bad I can’t give a minus ten star rating.

Only a short stay

We had to place my mother-in-law in here for about a week for respite care and overall she had an OK stay just a few things we didn't like which was the person at the front desk kept telling people my mother-in-law wasn't there when she had visitors and even a flower delivery and that wasn't professional at all. And then the activity director was out on maternity and no one stepped up to take her place for the residents. But the staff was great with her very caring and attentive. The food was great and everything stayed clean.I also loved that snacks were available at anytime. I would still recommend this place.

Staff awareness

I tried 3 times to phone a newly placed resident. They acted like they didn't even know who she was. The 3rd try, I said, "It appears no one knows where this resident is. Would someone please find her and offer assistance if needed." The staff member took my number and said the resident would phone me back. She did phone back about 5 minutes later.

Great Family Feel

Great place with a very caring staff. The team in the Assisted Living portion of the Resort really demonstrate compassion and love towards the guest.

Assisted Living Floor

The staff on the Assisted Living floor is friendly, understanding, and very outgoing! They get to know you and your family on personal levels! They help get the Guests to fun activities or just sit and talk to them!

Not what we were looking for..

When I went to tour Healthcare Resort, I realized that they only have Assisted Living there, and we needed a place that offers Memory care. It was a nice community, but not what we were looking for.

Beautiful place but deadly

Good luck getting someone to answer the phone they're very understaffed no one returns your calls they don't assess people correctly so they don't get the care they need very overpriced for what they provide Pharmacy bill is extremely overpriced medicines are ordered that don't belong to the patient or are way too much making me think that it belongs to another patient but my loved one is paying for it and definitely not receiving it such as Tylenol a large quantity ordered twice on the same day. They push loved one out of rehab early and up to Assisted Living when they can't even take care of themselves and I'm seeing Medicare bills for doctors when I know no doctors have been in the room to see this patient in fact this patient was supposed to see a doctor and it's never been scheduled yet they definitely need checked over audited and everything else I know they are new but this is ridiculous

Run away as fast as you can

This is a horrible place to take your loved ones. The staff is horrible and doesn't clean the patients very well. Also, don't provide basic care like showers, brushing teeth and etc. Leave patients in urine and don't change the sheets that often. Very unorganized. A patient dies and they fill the room the next day, Staff is very underhanded and two-faced liars. Run far away from this place. Thre deserve a zero in terms of stars.

Horrible

Really substandard care! My Aunt is there for rehab after a knee replacement. She is mentally disabled. They never return phone calls and nurses are not knowledgeable! Cannot get my Aunt out of their fast enough!

Not for the elderly

My mother has dementia and needed a place for rehab after the hospital. The nurses are nice but very understaffed and green. The facility required us to pay for 24/7 care because they could not provide a safe, secure place for a dementia patient, mind you this was after she was there a few days. Once we hired the extra care at $20/hr, they stopped giving her a bath, changing her, etc. They didn't transfer one of her dementia medications on her chart. So my mother was extra agitated and when they thought she was upset they would dope her up on Xanax. My mother also has tremors. They did blood work to see if anything was causing it. They put her on anti tremor medication without authorization from the family. We have tried this in the past and the medication makes her mind even worse. We would have never authorized this. And to top it off, we were told that she could move into the assisted living upstairs because it was basically the same as a memory care center. We went to sign the paperwork and was told they could not provide for her by their arrogant condescending social worker who has gotten all of her life experience from a book. This facility is not for the elderly.

Absolutely the Best

I moved both of my elderly parents to the Healthcare Resort of Olathe over a month ago and the experience has been wonderful. The staff is so friendly and courteous, the facility is absolutely wonderful, and my parents are enjoying it tremendously. I was shocked that my parents now go down to "Happy Hour" at the end of the week and were headed down for the Ice Cream activity yesterday! They have managed to make it possible for my parents to meet other people and get to know them in a friendly atmosphere. I can't say enough good about this place, and the staff is truly remarkable.

Elder abuse

Only reason they received any stars is because I could not give them 0, and it was clean. But service is horrible and a joke! They should be shut down!

Confidence in your care

Mom had a stroke and at the end of her rehabilitation she spent two months in assisted living at the HealthCare Resort of Olathe. We knew she was safe and had a lot of fun activities every day. The greatest complement we have to give is if mom needs these type of services in the future we won't hesitate to come back.