Benchmark Senior Living at Haverhill Crossings - Haverhill, MA

so far ,not so good

so far not so good.. the apartment is dated and dirty,we were shown a different apartment that was brand new? housekeeping is non existent, bathroom is in need of cleaning.food has been good,girls are nice in the dining hall.bingo everyday?,something else would be nice. care services ok,wait for your turn etc. .we are going to wait and see,but needs improvement. lots of gossip among residents and staff ,makes us nervous

I did not personally tour this place but my brother did. He found the staff he worked with
very friendly and informative. He thought the rooms he saw needed refreshening: They had seen better days. No kitchenettes but the facility had a "country" kitchen that residents were free to use. He was impressed that they offered in-house hospice when it became necessary. Room prices were reasonable; however, the cost for assisting residents with their medicine was $500/month which we both agreed seems very high.

Getting adjusted

We are pleased with most of what Haverhill Crossings has to offer. Mom has adjusted better than we hoped,moving to a small space can be a tough thing to do. Happy with care for the most part ( waiting for the nursing assistants to help out can be long).Taking part in some activities is also a good thing.We love the girls in the dining hall,and also pleased with the food quality and selection.( great soups/chowders) We are having issues with the apartment being cleaned,girls seem nice but rushed.We have seen the supervisor a few times, but can be rude at times. Over all we are happy.

not first class

First observations have been a mixed bag. I like some of the residents here,not many like to talk as much I do. My apartment is o.k , needs some updates ( new microwave oven ). I like the girls in the dining room , cute and attentive.Surprised by the food,very good so far,my family loves the soup/chowders. My laundry situation is not good,lost items etc. Housekeepers seem nice , but not very good. I don't think my bathroom has been cleaned in weeks.I have been told they will get to me when they have time. Overall not a bad place ,but not first class.

Underwhelmed

We are looking for placement for our Aunt , saw the sign out front offering tours so we stopped in. We waited nearly ten minutes before being spoken with until a gentleman from the kitchen came out to say hello and offer us some refreshments ( very nice [name removed]? ).The tour was brisk and the building felt dreary. We felt it had a dirty feel and aroma but we could't put our finger on it, lots of air freshener smell.Overall we did not feel comfortable,I am sure the people who work there are nice,but not for us..

Better options

we chose haverhill crossings because my aunt lived there six years ago. my how things have changed.. first off the smells in the building remind us of a bad nursing home, mom's apartment is filthy,suppose to clean bathrooms etc, housekeeping is non existent. supervisor very nice,but is not taken very seriously,always seems to pre occupied with out of work activities. bathrooms in hallways have a dirty feel.mom is happy here but we feel guilty for placing her at haverhill.she loves the dining room and chatting with girls,playing bingo etc. we hope this review helps

Benchmark Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Our top priority at Benchmark Senior Living at Haverhill Crossings is to provide a clean home-like atmosphere and the very best care for our residents. We’ve recently made several organizational changes to enhance our housekeeping services.

Please know we value your comments and have shared them with our community and regional leadership teams. Your feedback is paramount to helping us better serve and care for our current and future residents and their families.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

unhappy

I live at Haverhill Crossings, for the most part I am happy. Of course I miss my home ,but I have adjusted.. My findings so far: The girls who care for me are pretty good,some good some not so hot. I was surprised the food is very good,nice selection,the waitresses are very sweet. ( best is cheeseburgers and the hot soups).. My complaint is cleanliness..,my apartment is supposed to be cleaned,the housekeeper is not very good,the supervision is non existent. My visitors say the building is dirty and smells like urine.Bathrooms is the hallways are disgusting.Sorry to be so harsh,but I am frustrated!!..I will be looking elsewhere

unhappy

False promises

Worst decision ever made. Poor management,the director seems inept at best. Mom's apartment is filthy, when we visit unannounced the staff seems surprised and tells us she has been "difficult" this a.m. Is that any excuse to ignore.?Never a straight answer from Director,always defers to another manager who is always to busy for us..Our mistake. We should have noticed the heavy smell of Lysol,facility is smelly and dingy when you visit before housekeeping arrives. One plus the fresh muffins and coffee supplied by the kitchen staff

bad experience

initial expectations were high due to a friends pleasant visit.She said food was great,waitresses were very good etc.we couldn't get passed the smell of urine, reminded us of a nursing home. we were offered refreshments but passed ,left as soon as salesman was done with his pitch

food was very good on our visit,cute and funny waitresses. building had an aroma of urine,no activities past four o'clock.not the place for us

We selected this facility as it meet our budget requirements and as far as we can tell was as nice and supportive of all the other more expensive options.

Great Staff!

The touring staff was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They were very timely and provided snacks. We did see residents participating in activities. The establishment is very quaint and austere. We were looking for a newer, brighter atmosphere for my relative.

A good place

The person that took us on tour was knowledgeable and helpful. This is an older building and they do try to keep it clean. This seems like more of a medical community than a social community.

Excellent Experience at Benchmark Haverhill Crossing

Benchmark facilities we visited were all helpful and informative. Dad picked the Haverhill facility over the others since he found a special connection with the staff and the most comfort with the facility.
The process was as easy as can be expected making dad as comfortable as possible in a difficult decision.
Mom is doing very well and the care she is getting is exceptional. The staff is caring, friendly, and always watching their residents. Guests are always welcome and highly encouraged.
I would not hesitate to recommend not only Haverhill Crossing but any of the Benchmark facilities we visited.

Devin Anuzis

Thank you for taking the time to review Haverhill Crossings. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director if you or your parents need anything [removed].

They have been excellent.

They have been excellent. I don't have any complaints at all. They are so nice, they go out of their way to help both the residents an the family. They were really comparably priced to the other places. I liked that it was close by and had plenty of room to park.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

They were all overpriced, ridiculousl...

They were all overpriced, ridiculously high, so I'd give any of them one star.

The only thing I really don't like about it is the way they do medication. His diabetic medication is hard to manage. I'm not sure how much of it their fault; I have to be more involved than I want to be.

I like the location, because it is close to my brother and me, and in the location where he has lived for most of his life.

They seem to have alot of activities, all day long. They have movies, every Sunday they have a coffee hour, weekend religious services. There are four or five things going on each day. They had an antique car show there once; it was pretty neat.

When I had a couple of issues to raise with staff, they got back to it right away. On one instance, my father's room was too hot; they had a team meeting to discuss the problem, and the issue has been solved.

Very friendly staff

So far we have been very pleased with the services provided by Haverhill Crossings. The facility itself isn't the nicest or the newest place we saw, but the staff are all very friendly and professional and they've been able to provide all of the care that my loved one needs.

The staff at Haverhill Crossings was ...

The staff at Haverhill Crossings was so friendly and it is obvious that they all are very attentive to the needs of the residents. The building is showing its age a little; the carpeting is showing some wear, but overall it is a pleasant place for my mom. They offer many activities during the week for the residents, and we just enjoyed a Halloween party for the families and residents, complete with trick or treating for the grandchildren! She loves the food, and there are always options to choose from when she would prefer something different. They plan trips, have a hair salon, laundry rooms, and plenty of "living room" areas for residents and families to use. The location is awesome- just off Rt 495.

Clean, nice country type setting, is ...

Clean, nice country type setting, is equiped to assitis with memory issues. With in range to afford and can add care with price increas if needed

lovely place. looking for a younger, ...

lovely place. looking for a younger, healthier crowd.

Director was so helpful and we liked ...

Director was so helpful and we liked the spaciousness of the apartments we were shown.

At Haverhill Crossings, residents enjoy attractive apartments, comfortable community rooms, a lovely outdoor patio and garden and an ever-changing program of social and fitness activities. Our caring and professional staff understands each resident's individual and changing needs, and we tailor our care and services to reflect this.

If you need help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders, you'll enjoy a lifestyle that combines the services and amenities of a fine hotel with the personalized assistance and care you need to remain as independent as possible.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Haverhill Crossings offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.