Racine Commons Assisted Living, WI - Mount Pleasant, WI

High marks

I can not say enough about the great care mom received at this community. The director and head of the medical staff were wonderful. They offered good food and I would highly recommend this community.

Care for Comfort

We like this community for care. The staff is helpful. The menu is appealing and they do assist with special needs. He is happy with his nice room that was furnished. The community needs little more activities for the residents. We like how they are always attentive and willing to help. We would recommend this community for the good care and value that is received.

Look at the details check the actual meals see how often they shower your love one in our case they didn't .Changing bed sheets just didn't happen cleaning the room and laundry services are a joke.Look elsewhere for quality care!

A nice experience

One of the reasons we choose this community was the staff. The staff and the nurses are friendly, helpful and encouraging. They do offer daily activities and the community is very clean. Mom has no complaints about the food and they will check on her if she does not come down for a meal. I would recommend this community.

Viable option, little too far for us.

Welcoming Community!!

My mother has really made the adjustment well into her new apartment at this community. The staff treat her just like family and she was so thrilled that she was able to bring her cats with her. She has been enjoying the meals they serve as well as the company of the other residents during her dinning experience. My favorite thing about this place is the peace of mind I get with leaving my mother in there care. I am overall very pleased with how everything is going.

Things are going well!!

Dad likes the food at Racine. The staff are helpful. The director was great in helping to get dad into the community. The activities director is great and encourages him to participate in some of the activities. I would recommend this clean community.

Completely unsatisfied!

The community is not prepared to deal with dementia patients. They are not properly trained on how to deal with escalated situations. I have gone and found trash that is over a week old sitting on my loved ones counter. The staff are friendly and Shiela has been a great resource. The staff could do a better job of communicating issues that arise with the family. The activities offered don't seem appropriate for seniors. They had a baseball game at 10:00 am when its over 90 degrees outside. I'm required to use their pharmacy and it is eight times more expensive than our prior pharmacy.

Not Very Happy

My aunt is a very social person and amputee. She has mild dementia and needs medication management. Racine Commons has limited social activities. Third shift employees are rude. She requested assistance to toileting. An aide stated that "I just did that an hour ago" and walked out. There are no social activities at all and no resident interaction.

They do a great job!

I think they do a great job. There is nothing I think they could improve. They provide great services.

Seemed like a nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. After touring a few in the area I had it narrowed down to this place and two others, and it was hard to choose between them!

Helpful, knowledgable staff.

The staff worked diligently to help us get our father moved in. They were very helpful. Once he arrived they did a very good job of making his move as smooth as possible.

Review of Harmony of Racine in Mount Pleasant, WI

Caring management and staff. Food is good, homestyle. Residents are happy and well cared for. They like music activities, and happy hours. Building seems clean.

very helpful

They were very helpful in the admission process. They stay on top of his meds well.

I do kind of wish they had more activities for someone who is not able to get around. He tends to sit in his room a lot, and I think it would be good if they encouraged him to get out.

He loves the food, and is very happy there. It has been a very good experience.

Completed tour. Apt. style/size ok. ...

Completed tour. Apt. style/size ok. Disappointed with only one package rate, not customized rates I am professionally use to. Base rate 3,900; which is greater that what I expect to pay for low level of care needs; basically medication setup/mgmt, congregate dining, assistance/supervision w/bathing and hmkg.

Our campus includes two options or Assisted Living. We feature buildings that offer a choice of one bedroom apartment style accommodations, or one room suite,with private full bath.

Basic Services for our residents include Health Status Monitoring Three Home Cooked Meals Daily Snacks Upon Request Weekly Housekeeping Laundry Services 24-hour Security, Staff Availability Staff Call System in Each Unit Health Promotion and Exercise Programs Self-Medication Monitoring Educational and Recreational Activities Spiritual Services Utilities and Basic Cable television Off Street Parking Each building on the campus is single story building. Off street parking is available. Each building makes you feel warm and welcome from the moment you walk in the front door. Everything from the fireplace to the delicious smell of meals prepared by our staff. The Common areas are inviting and encourage socialization. Daily Activities and Menu's are always posted in common area.