Harbour Senior Living of South Hills - Pittsburgh, PA

In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care in a beautiful home-like environment. Guided by our mission statement, Harbour of South Hills offers families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized assisted living services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Harbour provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Harbour, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.

Care and options

This is an outstanding community.I like the care that he is receiving. The community is cleaning and the staff is friendly. I think that they might try and give him more options on his special diets needs. They do offer activities for the residents. I would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us; we appreciate your recommendation of our community! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any questions or concerns. Thanks!

Team Work Needs Improvement

My loved on is still here at the community, I was not really happy with the outcome from an incident. Things came up that I saw that was surprising to me. The aids were on their cell phones when I tried to help loved one I had to ask them and bring it to their attention. This is a top notch place and I didn't expect to have to look for help. The higher up medical staff are great, it's their team that needs improvement.

Outstanding Care

A wonderful place for my dad to receive great care. The staff is outstanding and helpful. The food is very appealing and a good variety. Activites are offered. I would highly recommend friends for great care.

Poor customer service

I was very excited to recommend the Harbour to one of my clients family. Went for a tour and their daughter was very happy with what she had seen and was told. I am a CNA and had gone to the Harbour on many visits with home health agencies. I had given a very high recommendation . We were told we would be put on list. So as weeks went by we called to see how things were going. We were told they would have a room soon , more time goes by still nothing. Finally I called and spoke with a representative of the facility and was told should not be much longer that there would be a room soon situation was told to me I will not post that. Well as we waited no calls no notifications . Told to contact Sunrise of the South Hills same treatment. Very disappointed with the way the Harbor handle this matter. Would not recommend again..

SLC Midwest

We were sorry to learn you had a negative experience, and we would like to apologize for any miscommunication. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience, and invite you to reach out to our team at our community phone number with any additional feedback. Thank you for your time.

when I came in, just from what I saw it looked fine.

I came for a tour, but they didn't offer respite stay as an option, so I didn't really stay and take the tour. However when I came in, just from what I saw it looked fine. I didn't see anything concerning, or alarming at all. They just didn't offer what we needed. I do appreciate them being up front with me though, and not stringing me along, and wasting our time.

My Father is not satisfied with this community and will be leaving. Therapies have not met his expectations. Meals ave not been satisfactory. Room rug stained.doorway has tripping hazard.

SLC East

We are disappointed to hear that your father did not have a more satisfactory experience here at Harbour of South Hills. Our Team would welcome the opportunity to meet with you in an effort to improve our Community. Please do not hesitate to call if you would like to set up a meeting. Sincerely, Dana Wright [removed].

A great place to live

Since I moved my mom to Harbour on 9/8/14 I have seen a 100% turn around in her life. She is more social, moving around the community herself. She is so happy now because the people are so friendly there and it is like a resort rather than a nursing home. Her mind is working like it use to and now she is able to have her own belongings there. It is not a hospital atmisphere and is only 5 mins from my home. I hope she can live the rest of her life there HAPPY.

Harbour House

The staff was wonderful from the first phone call. They were very frank and honest when asked questions about their limitations. When asked for specific examples of a possible reason that would require mom to be moved once again to another facility, they were able to give me specific examples. This was very improtant and helpfull in my decision making. Mom has only been there three weeks, but her transition has been smooth so far. She is doing well there so far. Very happy with my decision.

We're very happy with it.

We're very happy with it. The food looks real good and they have plenty of it. They could have more staff. The reason we chose this over others we saw was the person that I talked to, the sales manager, Janice. We were on the same wavelength, she was very up front, she didn't promise that there wouldn't be any problems, because nobody can, that and, they seemed real friendly. The landscaping and everything, the whole building, is very nice, it's a very pretty building, it looks like a real big house or a mansion they keep it up nice, with painting and new furniture.

Staff friendly, very informative.

Staff friendly, very informative.

Alzheimer's Care with long term care,...

Alzheimer's Care with long term care, shouldn't need to supplement too much a month till care needs increase. Semi-Private with long term care, shouldn't need to supplement too much a month till care needs increase.

Great facility with active residents....

Great facility with active residents. Good location